OQ Question

90 Orc Shaman
I like to have conversations (mature ones) in vent. Seems the people we have now in vent just get hostile if you ask the question why or where did you hear that from. I am sure someone is going to get offended and defensive for me trying to solve some weird questions.

If you don't know me I have been running in public vent for over a year. I was one of the main leaders for premades for months. I sold Battlemaster titles and I was the person who pioneered away from the 40 man premades for the most part. I have easily lead over a few thousand premades. So just trying to figure out why people are being asses honestly.

It is just a conversation but I do mean asses because I have seen people booted out of group and threaten to be blacklisted because they wouldn't listen. The arguement for *New Que System* can not apply because these rules where placed also before the new system was added.

**No Flight Path** Reason for this rule was during Cata you couldn't enter a BG on a flight path. That has been fixed for awhile so why are we telling people they cannot do it?

**No Hearthing** You couldn't que when you were in a loading screen. So telling people when they are in que not to hearth or requeing because someone hearthed or kicked the person because of it is retarded. It doesn't reset the que. Want to test it be a mage make portals que up bounce from city to city. You can get a pop in the loading screen.

**Being in Org** Main reason was to tell people to avoid lag. So we send people to the most populated area in game? Logic must be missing. We use to have 40 different ques going at once and everyone would be all around the world doing whatever they want. Never had a problem with ques unless it was CTA or damn Nightfall. Same queing system then to now. The other main part of this was to avoid phasing because didn't know if phasing would effect the que.

**No Prof** Yes I did hear this. It can mess up the ques.......

**Stay out of AH** Yes I did hear this also.

**No changing Specs** really..

I know some of these are really stupid, but it does show how if ONE person says something it will be spread around. Something as simple as no flight paths.

I when I lead I let people do whatever and we have no problems with ques. If you are having problems with ques I think I know your problem. Stop queing for CTA. That is why you are getting bad ques. Everything above is myths. Unless someone can give me actual reasons. People booting people for this and wanting to Ban is overboard. WoW Public Vent use to be the place to go for fun. The community is going downhill honestly.
Reply Quote
43 Undead Monk
CRZ can cause issues with queueing and afaik if a queue pops while on a flight path you're ineligible to enter until you land.

As for the rest of your post, idannolel
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
**No Flight Path** Reason for this rule was during Cata you couldn't enter a BG on a flight path. That has been fixed for awhile so why are we telling people they cannot do it?

It's happened during MoP as well.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
01/21/2013 10:09 PMPosted by Pozymao
while on a flight path you're ineligible to enter until you land.

I am sure they fixed that honestly. I entered a BG while on Flight path just today. Unless OQ causes the glitch where you cannot.

01/21/2013 10:09 PMPosted by Pozymao
CRZ can cause issues with queueing

I know we assumed this but did we ever figure out if it really did? I mean I let people run around and I don't have issues with ques. I just don't que for CTA. I'm just curious I am always up for learning. Just don't like when people are saying it does it because I heard it does in another group.
Reply Quote
6 Undead Priest
It's moreso a matter of precaution...erring on the side of safety. It's more important for the leaders than anything - the other party members don't really matter.

I've used oQ in halfhill, CRZ zones, AH, flying, World PvPing, and even while soloing old dungeons. I have a good connection (10-15ms), and I've never had any real problems getting good queues. I think most of these queue rules are just to make sure there are no arbitrary reasons for getting consecutive bad queues.

Some players have bad connections/computers so it's best to just 'make sure' you do everything possible to ensure optimal queueing conditions as a courtesy to other people using oQueue.
Edited by Revolt on 1/21/2013 10:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
43 Undead Monk
01/21/2013 10:23 PMPosted by Revolt
I've used oQ in halfhill, CRZ zones, AH, flying, World PvPing, and even while soloing old dungeons. I have a good connection (10-15ms), and I've never had any real problems getting good queues.

Neither have I; I think when leaders/players say 'no CRZ' they mean no loading screens, moving across zones when your client locks up during a screenless loading and such.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
01/21/2013 10:01 PMPosted by Chewnok
**No Flight Path**

People can't enter or leave queue while on a flightpath. They are changing zones which can cause latency issues if they are the group leader.

**No Hearthing**

When people are constantly making mistakes with queuing it gets annoying having people make these mistakes over and over. No you can't queue up during a loading screen and if you are in a group with 10+ people sometimes it leads to even more problems.

**Being in Org**

Org and stormwind are currently the only 2 non cross realm zone. The theory is that this lowers the latency. Another reason is if you require everyone to be in org you will have them avoid all the problems that are now being discussed.

**No Prof** Yes I did hear this. It can mess up the ques.......

**Stay out of AH** Yes I did hear this also.

These have to do with how the addon works. The addon moves and enlarges the join and leave button to the middle of the screen. A side effect is that it can sometimes move other buttons to the middle of the screen messing with the add-on. Personally I have never had any problems using either of these.

**No changing Specs**

Changing specs can cause an error that will ask the person if they want to disable the add-on. This can be avoided by simply reloading the ui and then changing specs. A person wait listing as a healer and then wanting to change to a dps spec when the group is based around that person being a healer can cause problems.

Those are my explanations of all of these rules as I have seen them. That being said it is a good set of rules for people new to the addon to ensure that they aren't wasting everyone else's time.

If you are playing with people who know what they are doing none of them apply.

If you are having problems with ques I think I know your problem. Stop queing for CTA. That is why you are getting bad ques. Everything above is myths. Unless someone can give me actual reasons. People booting people for this and wanting to Ban is overboard.

I agree.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
EDIT: Best if you post on the oQueue forums in respect to the Blizzard forums here for Battleground questions/cry/rant/rave/rage: oqueue.forumotion.com

If you don't like how leaders lay out the rules for their group, create your own oQueue group is the bottomline IMO. Because within oQueue there is respect towards all leaders, where we have to listen to them, if not then it's a fail. But I believe people have an issue to listening to their leaders that are forming these groups to help streamline their queues...

example: Go into some of the Silver Dragon groups and not listen to what he/she expects you to do, you're gone... Simple as that.

When I run the bigger 40 mans when I do I simply say get to Org, if that's an issue then hit the leave group, no hard feelings at all if you can't respect what a raid leader asks his/her group to do.
Edited by Shakedk on 1/21/2013 11:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Death Knight
01/21/2013 11:38 PMPosted by Shakedk
If you don't like how leaders lay out the rules for their group, create your own oQueue group is the bottomline

^ agree

joining a group is like becoming part of the crew of a ship. everyone follows the captain.. and all is good. don't want to follow his/her lead... or think you can do it better... join another premade or make your own.

simple as that.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
01/21/2013 11:43 PMPosted by Raliona
he does create his own lmao

This then leads me to believe it's just a beginner troll's move on oQueue once again.

Then the question arises:

Why bring it to a Blizzard forums vs the free Vent provided to oQueue users, or better yet take it to the oQueue "Support/Chat" forums?

Then comes to mind:

1. Run to Blizzard forums, Select Battlegrounds

2. RANT/RAVE/RAGE/CRY/TROLL is brewing so Create new Topic comes to life that has nothing to do with Battlegrounds.

3. Close browser
Edited by Shakedk on 1/22/2013 1:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
01/22/2013 01:13 AMPosted by Shakedk
This then leads me to believe it's just a beginner troll's move on oQueue once again.

Don't think you read at all lol. I have been leading premades for over a year in the WoW public vent. I just wanted to know where these myths came from because it never effect ques before MOP when I was leading or see it effecting. I knew someone would post "Make your own" when I already do. Just be subjective hop rooms for fun and listen to people.

Why bring it to a Blizzard forums vs the free Vent provided to oQueue users, or better yet take it to the oQueue "Support/Chat" forums?

Try to ask people in vent these questions just to have a conversation. Some people are so egotistical they take it as an insult and want to fight because you are questioning them. When in reality prob means they don't know the answer and don't want to be questioned.

So to me people farming hebs in a zone during a 35 man premade where you can wait 20+min for a good que isn't bad. But being yelled at threaten to boot them ect is kind of childish. Then telling the person he/she is the reason the group is getting bad ques I mean come on.

I just wanted to hear some reasons people have. I don't enforce the rules and I have zero problems. I just find it funny listening to people complain about one person doing something that has zero effect on ques and want to ban them or boot them.

But the question more was "Where are these rumors coming from" not about leaders.

2. RANT/RAVE/RAGE/CRY/TROLL is brewing so Create new Topic comes to life that has nothing to do with Battlegrounds

If these is the case for you why are you even posting anymore? If you think the topic doesn't belong here the adult thing would be to not post anything and move on.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Then get on vent and discuss this? You can always hit me up on there if you see me roaming around :) Shoot me a PM on there see if I'm doing anything, I'll drag us in my channel at the bottom and talk about it.

I like to have conversations (mature ones) in vent.

01/22/2013 01:40 AMPosted by Chewnok
If you think the topic doesn't belong here the adult thing would be to not post anything and move on.

It doesn't belong here, it belongs here: oqueue.forumotion.com
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
dont take it personal but blizz has taken pvp down a bad path and people are frustrated with the game as a whole

you really cant have this extreme burst and cc stuns and not have an effect on peoples temperment for the playability of the game in bg's

from the 1st day rogues stun locking people made people mad
and now that everyone has some sort of stun ........more is not better
in the multiplayer context

also the game in th begining was much harder to group and you had to have a good attitude for people to want to play with u
bad attitudes meant no group and no grouping meant no gear
being a troll had ramifications
being a baddie had ramifications
good behavior should be rewarded and that is important to a social game so i think there should be some way to show that aspect in wow

i hope this message gets people on thinking how this could be done
ty for your thoughts on this
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
dont take it personal but blizz has taken pvp down a bad path and people are frustrated with the game as a whole

you really cant have this extreme burst and cc stuns and not have an effect on peoples temperment for the playability of the game in bg's

from the 1st day rogues stun locking people made people mad
and now that everyone has some sort of stun ........more is not better
in the multiplayer context

also the game in th begining was much harder to group and you had to have a good attitude for people to want to play with u
bad attitudes meant no group and no grouping meant no gear
being a troll had ramifications
being a baddie had ramifications
good behavior should be rewarded and that is important to a social game so i think there should be some way to show that aspect in wow

i hope this message gets people on thinking how this could be done
ty for your thoughts on this

Welcome back Blacksong.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Any gaming community that grows gets worse as it grows. Its almost guaranteed to happen. OQ seems to be no different. A month ago, everyone on vent was always welcoming and pleasant. Now, it seems more and more people are just becoming !@#$%y. One of the things I miss most about the Rath strat groups when cross realm was first introduced was that everyone was pleasant for the most part.

Best thing to do is to just remember the leaders that are ^-*!@#$s and just not run with them.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
01/22/2013 06:46 AMPosted by Tobtot
Rath strat groups when cross realm was first introduced was that everyone was pleasant for the most part

100% agree
Reply Quote
7 Draenei Paladin

Not true. It still will not let you.

The rest, if they are running it, their rules. Lead you're own, you're used to it anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
/cast resurrection

How do i make it so that my bnet broadcast doesnt say (OQ) all the time?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]