Pet peeves

52 Pandaren Monk
What's your pet peeve while you're healing? For me it's when the tank doesn't keep the mobs off of me and when everyone splits up. But especially the first one.
Reply Quote
40 Blood Elf Priest
Probably a classic pet peeve of most....when there is a group wipe and that one person doesnt release to run in with everyone else.

Its always:
"I was afk"
"I was getting a drink"
"I was bio"
"I dont know where the entrance is" (when the majority of gy's are now right next to the entrance >.> )

Thats when I run in and either say "afk" right next to their dead body or commence tbaging until they release. Usually works.
Reply Quote
For me, I think it is when the tank los's me, gets oneshot and then blames me for not being able to heal through whatever pillar he was behind.

Had I not tried to catch up, I can understand it, but, as a healer, it's in my instincts to not let the stupid tanks die either, no matter how tempted I am at times, I have something telling me"No, no, he's a jackass, but heal, heal, heal!"

It also annoys me when a tank( or dps, but usually a tank) decide that no, I don't need to drink before the next boss fight even if my mana is down to like 15 %. ( and yes, I do let them know when I need to drink)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
When the tank takes off like a bat-out-of-hell, and since he's a monk he can roll and get really really far ahead, and then gets upset when I'm not with him. Or when I specifically say I'm doing the quests in the dungeon so I have to loot some weapon rack or something, and he still takes off like a bat out of hell. My favorite: I was getting the quests in Hellfire since this toon hadn't been there before. Tank takes off, does 2 rolls, pulls the entire front corridor (with nobody else ready), and dies immediately. Then yells at me for not healing. /leave group.

When the tank pulls half of the zone, and doesn't bother using any of his cooldowns to at least help mitigate some damage, and drops like a freakin' rock (normally this is related to my first one above). I will add I had a tank yesterday that both took off like a bat-out-of-hell, AND pulled half the zone, BUT he *could* handle the mobs and used his cooldowns. Not my favorite scenario still, but that was easy to deal with.

When the dps don't let the tank establish aggro before they AE or something (I'm looking at you, Windwalkers...).
Edited by Shiunja on 1/22/2013 7:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
01/22/2013 07:18 AMPosted by Irisong
Thats when I run in and either say "afk" right next to their dead body or commence tbaging until they release. Usually works.

ROFL. Right, if I have to run back in, you do too.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
As a pvp healer, I hate when dps doesn't know how to peal and cc. Then they wonder why they aren't being healed. I usually respond that I can't heal too well when dead.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 09:05 AMPosted by Tasteyface
As a pvp healer, I hate when dps doesn't know how to peal and cc. Then they wonder why they aren't being healed. I usually respond that I can't heal too well when dead.

That's pretty much why I stopped healing pvp, I got tired of healing stupid.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
People that rage about heals in a BG. I just got out of a Temple of murderball and got to listen to

DO OUR HEALERS KNOW HOW TO HEAL???

then from another HEALER

YES AND U NEED TO DISPEL ALSO NOT JUST HEAL

I told them I love their stupid fantastic insults when I was top heals for the entire map and reminded them dispel has a cd. I had 20 friendly dispels and countless on the enemy. Idiots.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I have a new one that I hadn't run into until just recently (and it's happened twice now) ... which is the tank that pulls as he's running toward the door into a room that locks as soon as you engage. He makes it through it as it's closing, but the spellcasters in the group (including yours truly) ... not so much.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Warrior tanks.

QUIT LEAPING OUT OF RANGE. JUST STOP, LIKE NOW.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
All of the above.
My favorite, however, has to be these:

"rez" - When 12 feet from the entrance. Ugh.
"rez" - Three seconds after a wipe.
"rez"- From a DPS who ran off, pulled, and died. Multiple times.

This is why I rarely heal.
Edited by Erykä on 1/24/2013 2:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I can't stand DPS who just auto-attack and do like 10k dps when I can do more without HotW.

And slow tanks. And by slow I mean, taking 30 seconds per trash pull for whatever reason.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
People in a 5 man who say "heal" when they start taking damage.

It's my only job. I bloody well know I have to heal you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Tanks that are well geared but don't use cooldowns.

Dps who think they can heal.

Dps who think they can tank.

Dps who think they can tank and heal (at the same time.)

Tanks that don't wear strength gear.

Dps who wear healing gear that's not spec appropriate.

Dps who roll on my gear when their spec can't use it.

Tanks who roll on my gear.

Dps who beg for heals when they aren't in danger.

Dps who beg for meter linking after every pull.

Dps who beg for rezzes.

Dps who don't res others when i'm drinking.

Dps who call me a terrible healer when i decide to let them die.

Tanks who tell me to not heal a party member.

Dps who act like !@#$%^-s and rage when i don't heal them.

Tanks that chain pull and drop like a rock.

Tanks that pull a boss before anyone's ready.

That's the general list of what I hate.

Oh, and people who don't know fights and don't ask about them.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Asking for a rez AS SOON AS WE ALL JUST WIPED. Nobody is even in the instance yet.

Or in PVP healing, a flag carrier SEES ME GET SAPPED. Keeps running. Then says I refused to help.
Reply Quote
56 Worgen Druid
Very low level (15-20ish) druid tanks in resto that moonfire and go kitty to "tank".

RaF- I hate those AFK followers with a passion. I'm always plotting conniving new ways to get them killed.

EDIT: Oh! And DPS in tank specs. "Why on earth is that monk taking so much aggro?" Inspects. Digests information put before me. Puts Mr. Brewmaster DPS on "Do Not Heal" list.
Edited by Aisis on 1/24/2013 8:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
for me the one that REALLY gets me is when we wipe and someone just lays there and when i get back i get the "rez plz"

im sorry but if we wipe and everyone else runs back so can you
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

EDIT: Oh! And DPS in tank specs. "Why on earth is that monk taking so much aggro?" Inspects. Digests information put before me. Puts Mr. Brewmaster DPS on "Do Not Heal" list.

I swear this happened to me, and I should've screenshotted it, but I was so stunned. It was around level 45 or so on this toon, and I noticed that the monk was taking a crapload of aggro (but the DK tank was overriding him most of the time). I mouse'd over on Recount to see what he was casting and I noticed "Keg Smash" at the top of the list. I asked if he was in Brewmaster spec. He said "yes," so I asked him to change spec since he was queued as DPS. He told me he didn't know how to create a DPS spec. I did explain it him so hopefully he set up dual spec as soon as he left the instance.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Tanks that are well geared but don't use cooldowns.

Dps who think they can heal.

Dps who think they can tank.

Dps who think they can tank and heal (at the same time.)

Tanks that don't wear strength gear.

Dps who wear healing gear that's not spec appropriate.

Dps who roll on my gear when their spec can't use it.

Tanks who roll on my gear.

Dps who beg for heals when they aren't in danger.

Dps who beg for meter linking after every pull.

Dps who beg for rezzes.

Dps who don't res others when i'm drinking.

Dps who call me a terrible healer when i decide to let them die.

Tanks who tell me to not heal a party member.

Dps who act like !@#$%^-s and rage when i don't heal them.

Tanks that chain pull and drop like a rock.

Tanks that pull a boss before anyone's ready.

That's the general list of what I hate.

Oh, and people who don't know fights and don't ask about them.

all of these
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
My pet peeve pvpwise is when people ask for pocket heals.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]