Pet peeves

90 Night Elf Hunter
mine is in pvp when the dps dont peel then say "crummy healer couldnt keep me alive"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Addons that spam crap in chat that I never needed to know....

I misdirected on the tank!
I Interrupted that!
Cauterizing heal me!

And any macro attached to a spell or ability with /yells or emotes or similar.

Edit- people who que with inappropriate spec. DPS monks que as tank, tank que as dps, heals que as dps, dps que as heals, whatever. Monks being the super new class are particularly common for this right now but alot of others do it.
Edited by Aestyr on 1/25/2013 12:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
This might be pretentious but it just irks the hell out of me when DPS or tanks take it upon themselves to heal themselves. I mean if you're on the verge of wiping then be my guest.. but when you're only at 50% and haven't even given me a chance to heal you then WHY?? especially druids.. you guys just love to rejuv yourselves.
okayokay i know most of the time they just want to help but still. let me heal pls ty

"rez" - When 12 feet from the entrance. Ugh.
"rez" - Three seconds after a wipe.
"rez"- From a DPS who ran off, pulled, and died. Multiple times.

YES. this too XD
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Happened on my resto shammy a few weeks ago, which is why I really haven't played her since I'm still pissed off. I created her with the intent to have a resto shammy, and was doing fine dungeon hoping up until Mop. She runs OOM fairly quickly, but if the group is halfway decent it usually pans out that I go OOM as the boss dies.

Anyway, this level 86 rogue, who had decent gear, was doing 2k dps. Yea. The highest was a lock doing 20k, and a hunter doing around 14k, the tank averaging maybe 10-11. Needless to say, the fights were taking more time than my mana pool could sustain. We somehow manage to down the boss in spite of low low damage output, but one of the guys died, I think the rogue. The hunter then tells me rather rudely that I'm healing wrong and need to figure out how to get more mana, and to use different spells.

Don't tell me how to do my job when you are barely able to do yours. So annoying, I haven't healed a dungeon since.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
When I'm the only person in a raid dispelling!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Tanks that pull mobs and then hide behind a wall or something without telling the group prior to pull.

Zoning in to "this'll be an express run....gogogogogogo...pull". let me drink/eat first thanks

"healer is in all purples, lets go!"...proceeds to pull entire instance.

"Rez me" a couple of seconds after a wipe.

"Rez me" when someone is in a completely different part of the instance from the group.

As DPS - Being told to stop dropping healing rain etc while I'm in Enhance spec on a boss. Sorry, but if I'm seeing the healers mana dropping i will drop Healing rain/chain heal etc on a maelstrom proc if it makes their job easier.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest
When tanks who are well geared have such big egos that they need to pull insane encounters and get mad when I cna't heal them when they have 50 mobs on them.

I get kicked for this because on my realm, waiting on the tank now takes 30-50 minutes and honestly, they'd rather get a healer who will put up with it than wait for a tank.

I get that you're well geared mr. tank, but you can't kite pull the entire room (and hallway, and dining room and hell the bedroom too) and leave LOS and expect to be healed. I don't mind trying, I've got my crack feathers as I call them.

The least you can do, mr. tank, is let my mana regen and give me a warning of what you're planning to do.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Tanks that are well geared but don't use cooldowns.

Dps who think they can heal.

Dps who think they can tank.

Dps who think they can tank and heal (at the same time.)

Tanks that don't wear strength gear.

Dps who wear healing gear that's not spec appropriate.

Dps who roll on my gear when their spec can't use it.

Tanks who roll on my gear.

Dps who beg for heals when they aren't in danger.

Dps who beg for meter linking after every pull.

Dps who beg for rezzes.

Dps who don't res others when i'm drinking.

Dps who call me a terrible healer when i decide to let them die.

Tanks who tell me to not heal a party member.

Dps who act like !@#$%^-s and rage when i don't heal them.

Tanks that chain pull and drop like a rock.

Tanks that pull a boss before anyone's ready.

That's the general list of what I hate.

Oh, and people who don't know fights and don't ask about them.

All of the above! :D
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
"Well no one died"

Yeah that's because I healed you fast through all your bad, next time I'll just let you die then.
Reply Quote
56 Worgen Druid
How about when a DPS drops while we're still in combat and says "A rez would be nice. :)"?

I replied 'Kind of hard to do when we're still in combat," hoping they caught the sarcasm.

Also when DPS ask for a rebirth when I'm a druid when they certainly don't deserve it. I like to save my invaluable rebirth for the tank, not DPS who can't take two steps out of the pretty shiny stuff on the ground.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
When I'm healing, everything annoys me, but almost nothing bothers me when I'm tanking. It's kinda weird.

My 2 biggest pet peeves above all else by far are nearly anyone asking for a rez, especially after a group wipe. But more than even that I hate Warlocks life tapping. If I see them do it and then not harvest soul, or at least start drain-life-ing, I will never heal them again for the rest of the dungeon, and I won't rez them either if they die. It's only acceptable in long boss fights.

Also on GoSS I've recently developed a new one; at the end most people will just jump off the wall and land with like 5-15% hp, and then stand there waiting for heals. I'll usually afk until a ret pally or some other hybrid heals them up.

01/25/2013 12:25 PMPosted by Aestyr
And any macro attached to a spell or ability with /yells or emotes or similar.

This surprises me a bit, as I actually do this with most of my bigger cd's as a tank. I do it specifically FOR the benefit of my healers, because it's good for them to know when I'm using my big cd's so they don't have to panic and use their's or go nuts with the flash heals and whatnot.

01/28/2013 07:32 AMPosted by Kadeeternal
When tanks who are well geared have such big egos that they need to pull insane encounters and get mad when I cna't heal them when they have 50 mobs on them.

Citing me specifically? I'm not even that well geared, but I can pull huge amounts of mobs and get by with very little healing on my healer's part. You are the person I set up my /yell macros for, so when I pull the whole library in ToJS you don't have to panic, because I'm Vamp Blood'ing most of the way and Icebound Fort'ing at the landing pad, and my Remorseless Winter will be going off soon. I do this exact same style pull for the whole first corridor in MP, SPM, GoSS...probably most of them actually. I really just don't even think about it anymore.

But the point wasn't about me, it's that honestly if you have a well geared tank (that is in fact a tank and not a masquerading dpser) you likely are afk watching !@#$ or something if you can't keep your tank up. Your tank doesn't want you to get bored after all :P

But I always have you focused, and I'm always watching your mana bar, your target, and what you're casting. If you are 30% mana and I keep pulling, it's because I believe in you (and myself, I probably still have some cd's available). I was yelled at recently for pulling the last 3 mobs into Sha's room on ToJS with my healer at 30% mana (they were mostly healing the dps), and he/she typed out a long and very snarky comment. I told him/her that I'm aware of the group and we can do it and obtw I didn't die while you typed that out nor now while I'm typing.

Also, my main healer is a priest, you could keep me up with just PoM/PW:S/DA (if Disc) or Pom/HW:Ser/CoH and maybe renew and chain casting Heal MAYBE. I love my priest so much because I feel so mobile with it. I almost never cast casted-healing spells in most MoP dungeons unless the group on the whole is really weak. Hell most of the time I'm dps'ing in my Holy spec these days in Chakra:Chastise.
Edited by Ashpridesin on 1/28/2013 8:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
My biggest pet peeve when healing is when the tank decides to leave two or three trash mobs, and then uses their speed boost, roll, whatever to rush ahead to another group of mobs.

So does he think im supposed to just leave the group behind and only heal him? So then you have a choice....heal the group that is cleaning up, or keep the tank alive.

Also hate when tanks port into a LFD and just start pulling even before the rest of the group ports in, or is getting quests.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
On the note of locks life tapping without harvest soul, it seems they made that into a passive health regen. 2% while not in combat per second for them and their demon. Just something I noticed while leveling mine.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
This surprises me a bit, as I actually do this with most of my bigger cd's as a tank. I do it specifically FOR the benefit of my healers, because it's good for them to know when I'm using my big cd's so they don't have to panic and use their's or go nuts with the flash heals and whatnot.

I mean more specifically when it's NOT a big cd, but something that gets used all the time. And it's often dps with the most annoying ones. And again, the ones that spam when they interrupted whatever. God players with intterupts SHOULD be using them all the time. Let the gameplay of running a dungeon smoothly tell me you are a good player not your chat spam.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Tanks who do not use their active mitigation. Being a mainspec tank, it makes me cry when I go offspec and heal them.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
People queing as the wrong spec. Sure Moonkin does indeed offer slight damage reduction but that does NOT make it a viable option for tanking.

Tanks who run off from the group when there is still plenty of trash to kill. I refuse to chase anybody. I stay with the main body of the group. If you get outside of my range and die, it isn't my problem. I didn't leave you, you left me.

Stereotypical hunters. Not all hunters are bad (I know some darn good ones) but it seems like the vast majority just check their brains at the dungeon entrance. No, as a matter of fact I will NOT heal your pet if you are being an idiot. Turn off growl and be a team player, or go quest somewhere.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Tanks that run too far ahead of the healer because the rest of the group is either buffing up, picking up quests, or looting. This happens to me all the time.

Dps (especially hunters) that think they can tank. When I first healed WC a hunter said, "Who needs a tank when you have a boar!" He was also verbally abusive to the rest of us.

Caster dps that need on items with spirit. Spirit is supposed to be more essential for healers, and it keeps us healers from going OOM.

Pets or minions that have their taunt on and pull aggro from the tank. It makes healing tougher when you have to heal dps, minions/pets, and the tank.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Caster dps that need on items with spirit. Spirit is supposed to be more essential for healers, and it keeps us healers from going OOM.

Pets or minions that have their taunt on and pull aggro from the tank. It makes healing tougher when you have to heal dps, minions/pets, and the tank.

If they have a mana pool they can benefit from spirit as much as we can. Just because heals needs it doesn't make it automatically not an upgrade for dps.

As far as the pets taunting, don't waste your mana. By healing the pets/idiots all you are doing is encouraging them to continue to engage in that behavior. Look at it this way: If a pet dies, it costs the owner a little bit of mana/focus/whatever. If the tank dies (or any other player who is doing what they are supposed to be doing) it costs them a repair bill and can possibly wipe the group. Triage is a major factor in healing. And idiots get put on the bottom of the list.

In regards to the abusive hunter you mentioned: There are exactly 2 occasions I will initiate/vote yes on a vote kick. The first and most likely being an abusive player. I can tolerate/ameliorate a lot of stupidity but I can not tolerate a jerk. The second is if someone DCs and doesn't come back in a reasonable amount of time.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
This is gonna sound weird, but it irks me, when I ask how my heals are, that the only response I get is "We didn't die". I didn't ask whether anyone died, I asked if my heals were good or if I need to step it up? Are there really that many bad healers out there that the standard is just that "We didn't die"? I mean, sure, it's my job to keep everyone alive, but if people drop too low and they have to self heal, I'm not doing my job, right? I just want some constructive feedback is all. XD
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]