Pet peeves

90 Goblin Priest
Tanks that are well geared but don't use cooldowns.

Dps who think they can heal.

Dps who think they can tank.

Dps who think they can tank and heal (at the same time.)

Tanks that don't wear strength gear.

Dps who wear healing gear that's not spec appropriate.

Dps who roll on my gear when their spec can't use it.

Tanks who roll on my gear.

Dps who beg for heals when they aren't in danger.

Dps who beg for meter linking after every pull.

Dps who beg for rezzes.

Dps who don't res others when i'm drinking.

Dps who call me a terrible healer when i decide to let them die.

Tanks who tell me to not heal a party member.

Dps who act like !@#$%^-s and rage when i don't heal them.

Tanks that chain pull and drop like a rock.

Tanks that pull a boss before anyone's ready.

That's the general list of what I hate.

Oh, and people who don't know fights and don't ask about them.

All of this ^ :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Things I loathe:

Tanks not in tank spec
Tanks that don't wait for my mana while I'm drinking
Dps that don't wait for tanks to pull
Dps that stand in stupid !@#$ and blame me when they die
Full wipe and people asking for a rez before we even release and also again when we are back where we died

Things I love:

Geared tanks that know wtf they are doing
Tanks that pay attention to my mana
Dps that follow a tank and not try to lead themselves
Dps that know wtf they are doing
Dps classes that use abilities that can help with healing and mana regen when they see I am struggling. (I had a spriest cast hymn of hope as I was going oom, also have kitty druids casting innervate on me as well.)
People that help out with others to make the whole run that much smoother.

I think I'm a pretty good healer, but I help out with dps and cc when I can instead of just standing around waiting for someone to take dmg, and I like when my group helps me out as well instead of just trying to pad meters.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Mages/shamans who don't Lust. Nothing makes me more mad than that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
- Tank that starts pulling as soon as we zone in - let me change spec and cast Symbiosis first

- Tank that has no idea where the healer is. Don't run ahead, pull & die, and ask where the heal is. It's not that hard to see minimap to find out where the healer is, and good healer and tank should always know each other's positions

- People who go afk - don't waste other people's time .. go afk when soloing not while in a group. Treat other people's time to be more previous than yours
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I hate also druid tanks who think being melee'd in caster form is worth a rebirth or healing touch without NS.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
My pet peeve is when the hunter's pet taunts off the tank. Is so annoying, that sometimes I let the pet die.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/29/2013 05:20 PMPosted by Vanvid
My pet peeve is when the hunter's pet taunts off the tank. Is so annoying, that sometimes I let the pet die.

I get so confused when I'm a tank and this happens. I had to explain to a BM hunter how to turn off his pet's taunts in scholomance because it kept taking rattlegore off of me. And then he stampeded and I nearly died of a heart attack trying to get the boss off the healer.

I always think I'm not holding aggro well when it happens :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
"heal me"

"Can I get a heal?"
Reply Quote
My biggest healing pet peeve is when I need to stop to drink for mana and the tank keeps pulling. I had a particularly bad tank the other day on my Monk (level 75) who kept chainpulling. Because I was in Windwalker spec, I switched to Mistweaver as soon as I entered the instance, but while I was at zero mana, the tank already started pulling. I had to do most of the instance running on fumes and trying to even keep up with the tank, who was often out of my range because he was rushing so fast. We still killed everything with no wipes, but he had let me drink for like 10 seconds, it would have been a bit less stressful.

Also, it's not a problem anymore, but back in the day, Feign Death used to make it appear like the Hunter died to ALL targets, including friendly targets. I'd be healing an instance in Vanilla and suddenly the Hunter's health would drop to zero. I'd freak out and try to figure out what one-shot him, and then he'd be back at full health. So nerve-wracking.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
When I am the only person in the group/raid that can push an Interrupt button.

The "I interrupted that!" addon spam is gaining traction, but it is still preferable to no one interrupting at all like it used to be.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
My pet peeve is people standing in damage. I have to pay attention to EVERYTHING, why cant you pay attention to where you are standing. I tell them not to stand in an area before the pull, and they still do it. I will heal through that pull, if you do it again I will let you die. I only need a good tank and one average dps to complete an LFG. So don't test me.
Reply Quote
35 Blood Elf Priest
01/29/2013 09:42 AMPosted by Jestanna
If they have a mana pool they can benefit from spirit as much as we can.

Wrong. Just because they have a mana pool does not mean they benefit from it as much as we do. Many dps do not regen mana in the same way and they do not get the in combat regen we do from spirit. They are needing on it for the int upgrade, the spirit is pretty much worthless for them.
Edited by Linisavia on 1/30/2013 4:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
When people, pve or pvp, RUN FROM HEALS.

I mean really. You can't get out of the fire of doom, but you run from the glowy stuff shooting from my hands, the golden stuff and bubble on the ground, like it's poison?

It's really hard to heal you when I have to chase you down to do it. If your health bar is staying up - word to the wise - it's not because you're not getting hit, so STAY IN RANGE.

01/30/2013 04:12 AMPosted by Linisavia

Wrong. Only healers generate mana from spirit in combat, and out of combat, we can all drink.

Some dps get hit rating from spirit (shammy, priest, druid dps casters) - but if they don't maintain a heal spec they can use hit or spirit. We have only one option for regen.
Edited by Shankari on 1/30/2013 7:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I have a new one after running my first few heroics last night.

Hey tank, please just stop running away to pull the next pack when you decide those mobs are "almost" dead.

THEY ARE HITTING YOU IN THE BACK AS YOU RUN AWAY.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd say what was really funny was waiting around for a DPS to come back after a wipe----that he caused....and he pulls mobs back with him and gets us killed again. And he says "Sorry guys I didn't know they would follow me here."
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
DPS who queue as tanks--which I then have to heal.
And for that matter, someone in a spec different than what they queue as (note: people who say 'gimme a sec, I need to change spec' and then do it to a/the correct spec are an exception to this.).
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
01/24/2013 02:27 PMPosted by Keirisonis
Tanks that don't wear strength gear.

To be fair, Brewmaster (monk) tanks and Guardian (druid) tanks use agility to tank.
Edited by Shepson on 1/30/2013 10:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I have a new one after running my first few heroics last night.

Hey tank, please just stop running away to pull the next pack when you decide those mobs are "almost" dead.

THEY ARE HITTING YOU IN THE BACK AS YOU RUN AWAY.

Tis why I always run backward away from mobs when pulling another group (unless charge/heroic leap is off cooldown :P).
Edited by Shepson on 1/30/2013 11:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
When people, pve or pvp, RUN FROM HEALS.

I mean really. You can't get out of the fire of doom, but you run from the glowy stuff shooting from my hands, the golden stuff and bubble on the ground, like it's poison?

It's really hard to heal you when I have to chase you down to do it. If your health bar is staying up - word to the wise - it's not because you're not getting hit, so STAY IN RANGE.

Wrong. Only healers generate mana from spirit in combat, and out of combat, we can all drink.

Some dps get hit rating from spirit (shammy, priest, druid dps casters) - but if they don't maintain a heal spec they can use hit or spirit. We have only one option for regen.

Well stay out of the fire right. you just didn't specify what fire
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]