Wild Mushrooms

In regards to the 5.2 changes, what other healer has such a huge setup time with any of their heals?

The idea is original, I'll give them that. The problem is that we are trading setup time for a bigger heal (burst) but Mushrooms are already one of the longest setup time heals in the game.

A way to combat this new setup time would be to allow us to move the mushrooms. There are a few ways you could do this.
1. Give us an ability to move our mushrooms
2. Allow the absorbed overhealing to be moved to a newly placed mushroom (4th mushroom placed would get the overhealing the 1st mushroom had already absorbed)
3. Allow mushrooms to be placed on players

Another way to implement number 2 above would be to have the overhealing buff stack on the druid (but only when mushrooms are placed).

This ability is turning out to be 'guess where the raid is at in 30 seconds' which is not fun.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

I love this idea. ^.^ t'would be in a way a beacon of light. Just not as powerfull.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/22/2013 02:11 PMPosted by Messup
In regards to the 5.2 changes, what other healer has such a huge setup time with any of their heals?

Spirit Shell.

Edit: I know, it's an absorb, but it still takes a hefty setup time to really be effective.
Edited by Nyrok on 1/22/2013 7:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock
01/22/2013 07:11 PMPosted by Nyrok

Spirit Shell.

Edit: I know, it's an absorb, but it still takes a hefty setup time to really be effective.

We're talking on the order of a minute or more to set up a decent charge.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC
They're a unique ability meant to be situational, all they ever were meant for according to Blizzard.
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock
01/22/2013 08:15 PMPosted by Sensations
They're a unique ability meant to be situational, all they ever were meant for according to Blizzard.

Yep. Feng-like fights. Probably need a little more oomph to be effective though, especially in 25s.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
01/22/2013 08:15 PMPosted by Sensations

And mayhap it's time for change instead of being stubborn and ignorant. You are far too quick to defend Blizzard dogma. Homogenization has left druids behind and the amount of utility has left blizzard w/ little options regarding balance around both aspects of the game.

The buffs in 5.2 are welcome, but anyone is delusional to think Wild Mushrooms are going to be good they are still going to be a huge set up time [yes i know you can still use them before they are fully charged] but that just makes them one of the most rng/situational healing spells in the game.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

I agree that the Mushrooms should be placed on players. Right now they are TOO stationary especially when you consider that they require a "charge-up" time.

Players on the other hand, typically move along with the raid, so it is a lot less of an RNG.

P.S. It would look too weird to have party/raid members with Mushrooms growing out of them. What Blizz could do, is rename the Mushrooms as "Fungal Spores" have them floating around party/raid members. Change the graphic to the one we see on farm crops that have insects around them or something similar that looks like a moving dust cloud.

I think its a great idea overall that gives more control to the healer as to who to heal (i.e. place them on the Tank to heal the Tank, on a melee dps to heal melee and on a caster to heal the ranged, or on yourself so that you can control the heal yourself).
Edited by Ikary on 1/23/2013 9:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
I agree, wild mushrooms need some major work to be an effective part of anyone’s healing rotation. What changes they need to make are debatable here’s my take on it. Change wild mushrooms to have an effect where when cast on a party/raid member it have a similar look to earth living where mushrooms grow where you are standing. When cast on a party member/raid member it absorbs healing that is done around the target for x amount of heals and applies it to the target then once a certain threshold is met or when the spell expires on the target puts down a small AOE that heals for some of what was absorbed. That’s an idea that just popped into my head.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I personally think it'd be cool to have a Wild Mushroom proc from using the bloom portion of Lifebloom, that way there would be a reason to actually have it bloom outside of neglecting to refresh it. Slap an internal cooldown on the effect for good measure and we're good :D
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
01/23/2013 01:20 PMPosted by Draynus
I personally think it'd be cool to have a Wild Mushroom proc from using the bloom portion of Lifebloom, that way there would be a reason to actually have it bloom outside of neglecting to refresh it. Slap an internal cooldown on the effect for good measure and we're good :D

So we have to use 3 globals still, have to let our OOC proc drop, along with our best tank heal? The bad idea about this is that we have to let it drop in order to benefit from the WM bloom, and that means we have to spend more time tank healing in order to ensure there's still the healing LB usually does going on the tank. LB heals for a crap-ton, if you aren't aware. Not to mention, this means we are FORCED into glyphing for Glyph of Blooming just to ensure we benefit from this suggestion you're making.

I don't like it. It's sort of hard for me to explain it but I hope I summed it up in my paragraph.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
01/23/2013 10:07 AMPosted by Nateog
I agree, wild mushrooms need some major work to be an effective part of anyone’s healing rotation.

Blizzard has already stated, emphatically, that they do not want wild mushrooms to be a part of our rotation. Period. And I happen to agree with them. I disagree with their choices with shroom' mechanics. (GCD's and unpredictability of raid positioning 30+ seconds after placement)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Mushrooms are like the old Lightwell. An outdated, awful concept that other classes try to force druids to keep for the lulz.

They need to function like the new lightwell. Give them a huge radius, be autoplaced and bloomed easily.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
01/23/2013 04:42 PMPosted by Eclipsé
Mushrooms are like the old Lightwell. An outdated, awful concept that other classes try to force druids to keep for the lulz.

This. Clunky circles on the ground are bad. Letting us place them on people would be much more interesting and probably even worthwhile. That's the easiest fix I can think of.
Reply Quote
Like Lightwell and Healing Spheres, Wild Mushrooms seem to be most useful for groups that actually know what they're doing. If you can convince your raid members to stack towards the giant mushrooms when they need burst healing, then they can be a pretty powerful tool. But don't expect it to be too good in LFR, where people still seem to think that Healing Rain and Swiftmend's ground effect are deadly fire.

Of course, it depends on the encounter. If mechanics don't allow stacking during high damage periods, then they're not gonna be as useful.
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock
I am sure we will do just fine without it.
Reply Quote
Its not a rotational spell, its utility/cd, get over it. If your raids not stacking during damage then its bad raid and no spell will save them.
Edited by Eskzeus on 1/23/2013 11:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'd rather see something along the lines of each mushroom holding a "Charge" of OOC proc, stacking 3 times (1 per mushroom placed). You could technically cast 3 regrowths in a row, mana free to help our lack of burst.
Edited by Chouu on 1/24/2013 1:29 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]