Direhorn tome needed.. really?

100 Blood Elf Hunter
Does anyone else think it's crap in order to tame the Direhorn pet in 5.2, you're required to farm the BoP tome from the elites in the area. No word yet if those elites can even be soloed. If a group is needed, this area will be farmed 24/7 because the elites also drop companion pets. My server is very populated so I already know how it's going to go.

I've only got 1 free stable slot left anyway so it's got to go to a pet I love. but if you seriously think we're going to stress out trying to farm the tome then forget it. Does everything have to be a grind now? I thought dailies covered that. Ok so for whatever reason you don't want every hunter to have this pet right away. As time goes on I expect you will make the tome BoE or not needed to tame
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Should everything be easily obtained by anyone who wants it?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
01/23/2013 03:49 PMPosted by Elrith
Should everything be easily obtained by anyone who wants it?

I knew someone was going to say this. No everything shouldn't. but why all of a sudden put this restriction on a pet that's not even a rare spawn? If I didn't think a pet was worth putting time into getting, I wouldn't have a single rare in my stable lol.
Edited by Daisypoo on 1/23/2013 3:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
VS
I solo'd them fine. People need to stop being babies and be thankful we are getting Direhorns at all.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
I have no problems with a tame being a challenge, it makes the eventual successful tame that much more memorable and worthwhile.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
My poorly geared hunter (460) managed it perfectly fine. the dinomancers are really easy to kill and will eventually drop the pretty tome.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
That's good to hear they can be soloed. Ok ignore my rant :p
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
How long does it take to be granted access to the areas where they are?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
01/23/2013 03:47 PMPosted by Daisypoo
Does anyone else think it's crap in order to tame the Direhorn pet in 5.2, you're required to farm the BoP tome from the elites in the area.

No, I think it's nice, though I'm the type of Hunter who prefers a challenge.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
Beastmasters should have an easy time soloing them.

Turtle is best tank. Always live, never die.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
The trolls drop them, and yes they can be solo'd, RnG willing.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Gnome Warrior
If I didn't think a pet was worth putting time into getting, I wouldn't have a single rare in my stable lol.

So the question is... is it worth having?

If yes, farm up a tome. If no, don't bother.

If you put in a bit of extra effort on something, you'll likely value it more.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
your guild name does not suit you at all.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
you guys know this is a month+ necro right...

I've seen several people with direhorns. whatever the situation is seems to be fine.
Reply Quote
56 Undead Death Knight
No word yet if those elites can even be soloed.

What?

Yes, they can be soloed. My *holy* paladin soloed them. I'd have to say you're fine to do it yourself with no trouble at all.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
No word yet if those elites can even be soloed.

Yeah, they can be solo'd. Just use Silencing Shot on them when they're casting their heal and you'll be fine.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
As an added incentive, the trolls also have a chance of dropping 3 different companion pets. I happened to get 4 pet drops (unfortunately, 3 of them were the same pet) before I got the tome. I soloed them easily using my ferocity pet (wolf) with growl on (misdirect to start).
Reply Quote
70 Dwarf Monk
Thursday night, I was there for an hour on my hunter. No tome, but got 3 of the pets.

Friday afternoon, 2 kills and boom, the book drops. So I went and tamed one of the blue direhorns. Those direhorns man...awesome pets no matter what spec you are.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Monk
The troll dinomancers are the easiest thing to kill on that island, I was taking them on three at a time when I was farming the baby raptor pets. Stop crying. I can tell by the sheer volume of Direhorn-hunters I see running around that the tome can not possibly be all that rare.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]