Gear gap needs to go.

1 Goblin Hunter
Seriously, this garbage is till around?! Stop forking with your customers.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
They're actually doing some things in 5.2 that will make it easier.

I agree with you, though. I finally got my enh shaman to 90 and grinding that honor is painful, especially since you're still under geared even after you finally get full dreadful.
Reply Quote
1 Goblin Hunter
^^
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Actually the whiny, entitled players need to go. If you are poorly geared look in the mirror because that is the responsible party. Blizzard isn't your daddy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
01/24/2013 06:31 PMPosted by Kiaransali
Actually the whiny, entitled players need to go. If you are poorly geared look in the mirror because that is the responsible party. Blizzard isn't your daddy.

Yes because no-one has alts at all sigh, there is no need at all for gear differences in pvp if they want it to be skill based it should be cosmetic only with set stats pve gear disabled in bg/arenas.
Edited by Rainbowdash on 1/24/2013 6:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
6 Undead Priest
The gear gap in 5.1 was bad. Not only with amount of time it takes to grind, but upgrades, starting late, alts, RBG requirements, etc all contributed to unequal gear system. And I sympathize with the dedicated Pvpers that cap CP every week.

I think Blizzard has done a great job in 5.2 to balance the gap. You still have to invest time, but you can moreso at your leisure. Taking a week off? No problem - just put in extra work next week. Got that 2200 rating early? So what, no big deal. Win-trading or exploiting MMR to game the system? Won't really matter.

Really looking forward to 5.2. I think we are about to see one of the most balanced PvP seasons in a while.
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
^

If not balanced then then at least hopefully the most excuse-free.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/24/2013 06:37 PMPosted by Rainbowdash
there is no need at all for gear differences in pvp if they want it to be skill based it should be cosmetic only

Agreed
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
01/24/2013 07:15 PMPosted by Carathen
there is no need at all for gear differences in pvp if they want it to be skill based it should be cosmetic only

Agreed

Then what would be the reward in getting 2700 as opposed to someone who has 1500? To get shinier gear?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
01/24/2013 06:37 PMPosted by Rainbowdash
Yes because no-one has alts at all sigh, there is no need at all for gear differences in pvp if they want it to be skill based it should be cosmetic only with set stats pve gear disabled in bg/arenas.
I couldn't disagree more. It's always the player too lazy to gear up (and in the vast majority of cases never broke 1500) that says gear should be normalized, it should be skill based, players in good gear are afraid of competition, etc. All this boils down to is the entitlement mentality... they didn't earn the gear but feel entitled to an "even playing field" and (laughably) assert that they have skill and the players in good gear don't. This mindset is so completely backwards and it's hard to comprehend how some players actually think this way.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Does anyone still think Random BG-s should have such gear gap? Rated BG-s are different story. People without skill can have fun time in there by just farming it for few weeks. I wasn't skilled and dominated the Random BG-s at level 85. It wasn't fair for me when I was ungeared too.

And gear gap had been bad in vanilla too. When mage could just two-shot you when you couldn't do anything - wasn't skill.
Reply Quote
6 Undead Priest
01/24/2013 08:22 PMPosted by Kiaransali
It's always the player too lazy to gear up

Usually, and it's why Blizzard should never just normalize PvP gear even though people suggest it all the time. You always hear people say "Hurr if it's all about skill, then make everyone have the same gear, hurrr." Look, you don't deserve gear if you are unwilling to invest time - period. Just cause you hit 90 doesn't entitle you to gear, you have to work for it, just like everyone else.

The issues of 5.1 have mostly all been addressed by Blizzard in 5.2. As long as you are willing to put some PvP time in with your toon, you will be able to be competitive, regardless of when you start the season, without any 2200+ walls being hit. And that's how it should be.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Gear-gap has existed since WoW's first day, and it really isn't as bad as it used to be. Deal with it.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter
So, those of us who worked and earned our gear deserved to be on par with all the noobs just so players can still fail at trying to kill us?

That's why pvp is going further down the drain. How about addressing actual issues rather than player issues?
Reply Quote
6 Undead Priest
01/24/2013 09:12 PMPosted by Mauklindaufe
So, those of us who worked and earned our gear deserved to be on par with all the noobs just so players can still fail at trying to kill us?

Yes. Because you will still crush them, and their argument that "gear=skill" once and for all.

Shiny gear, titles, mounts, pets, items, etc. etc. are the rewards that should come with higher rating.
Edited by Revolt on 1/24/2013 9:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter

Yes. Because you will still crush them, and their argument that "gear=skill" once and for all.

Shiny gear, titles, mounts, pets, items, etc. etc. are the rewards that should come with higher rating.
Whether there's a gear gap or not, it will still be the same out come in most cases. Plus the elite gear has no stat differences, aside from the weapon. So why do players feel they deserve the elite gear when it's for the players who actually obtained that 2200 rating? I know there's win trading, but there are those who actually earned it legitimately. What's the elite gear going to do for them exactly? The elite gear should stay as one of those rewards, just like the challenge mode armor is for the pve players.
Edited by Mauklindaufe on 1/24/2013 9:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
Do people forget that this is a video game and not a job? Gear is for dungeons not pvp. As for put your time in, real pvp starts people on an equal level at the start of each match. Look at starcraft, there's a reason it's the most popular and entertaining form of player vs player blizzard has to offer.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
01/24/2013 08:47 PMPosted by Holylr
Does anyone still think Random BG-s should have such gear gap?
I think each player is responsible for themselves... if a player fails to gear up it's on him. Moreover it is rare that a team is full of badly geared players... people just use this excuse when in reality it's almost always poor play at fault, not gear.

01/24/2013 09:16 PMPosted by Revolt
That isn't the point. The point is players in better gear spent the time & effort to get it... the players in poor gear didn't. Giving the poorly geared player the same gear is a slap in the face to those that put in the time & effort. Player A's failure to gear up doesn't mean Player B (who has good gear) is "afraid of competition", it means Player B worked for his gear and Player A didn't.

01/24/2013 10:14 PMPosted by Linc
Do people forget that this is a video game and not a job?
Do you realize that time spent in the video game is also time spent in RL?

01/24/2013 10:14 PMPosted by Linc
Gear is for dungeons not pvp
That is your opinion, not a fact... and I disagree with your opinion.

01/24/2013 09:24 PMPosted by Anastasios
What problem do you have with other players having decent gear? So far as i can tell, them having better gear won't make them play any better, but at least it will give you a more fun challenge.
No problem at all... I enjoy a challenge... I just don't believe in handouts. If you want better gear go earn it.
Edited by Kiaransali on 1/25/2013 3:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter

That's why pvp is going further down the drain. How about addressing actual issues rather than player issues?

What problem do you have with other players having decent gear? So far as i can tell, them having better gear won't make them play any better, but at least it will give you a more fun challenge.
I don't have a problem with people being geared. Pay attention and stop being like those other people who think elite gear has stat differences.

Tell me why a person like YOU, deserves what's supposed to be ELITE pvp gear, which has no stat differences and is meant for cosmetics? Tell me what have you done to deserve it? You get the same gear with the same stats, but much easier to get and only has a color difference. What entitles you to ELITE gear? What would having ELITE gear do for you?

EDIT: No problem at all... I enjoy a challenge... I just don't believe in handouts. If you want better gear go earn it.
Edited by Mauklindaufe on 1/25/2013 7:24 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]