Gear gap needs to go.

100 Night Elf Rogue
Sorry, language barrier again, I guess; token, the adjective, not the noun. Token as in: done for the sake of appearances or as a symbolic gesture.

Ah, I thought you were speaking of the old token system. :/
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Actually the whiny, entitled players need to go. If you are poorly geared look in the mirror because that is the responsible party. Blizzard isn't your daddy.

I agree with the first sentence. ENTITLED 90s that want to protect their OP gear need to go. Its a good thing you don't design games because NOBODY would play it.

There is absolutely no barrier keeping everyone from obtaining the best PvP gear. If you arent geared its your own fault for being either lazy or bad. Neither type of players belong in this game. If you wanna be bad and lazy play console games. PvP in WoW is team oriented if you arent going to show up and play your class properly while wearing the correct gear you shouldnt be allowed to show up at all because you are just going to purposely drag down your team and grief them.
Edited by Lythria on 1/26/2013 9:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
01/26/2013 09:55 AMPosted by Piñata
Anything more than 2 weeks to parity is a disservice to your player community.

It did take me several weeks to get fully geared, but only because I didn't get to log in so often. This is the only character I have that has PvP weapons, out of four other 90s, and that was the last purchase I did on it.

But even working my way up, I still found myself and others being of more use to a match then some decked out idiots chasing one player giggling at them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

What problem do you have with other players having decent gear? So far as i can tell, them having better gear won't make them play any better, but at least it will give you a more fun challenge.
I don't have a problem with people being geared. Pay attention and stop being like those other people who think elite gear has stat differences.

Tell me why a person like YOU, deserves what's supposed to be ELITE pvp gear, which has no stat differences and is meant for cosmetics? Tell me what have you done to deserve it? You get the same gear with the same stats, but much easier to get and only has a color difference. What entitles you to ELITE gear? What would having ELITE gear do for you?

EDIT: No problem at all... I enjoy a challenge... I just don't believe in handouts. If you want better gear go earn it.

Here is a better question why does there need to be a gear gap at all if you are better you will still stomp kids period but there won't be the hard barrier from 2k to 2.2k when you are going against people with t2 wep hitting like trucks or even when you are starting an alt in dreadful and everyone else is in full malev. The new system will be better but the 2.7k people will still get gear much faster.

It is much easier to balance in a vacuum with the only variables being class skills, if you remove gear from the equation this game in pvp might actually become balance-able /gasp. The people who are good would still be good and you could still get your palette swap with lighting effects at 2.2k so really there would be no issue; except from those who rely on gear as a crutch.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
It is much easier to balance in a vacuum with the only variables being class skills, if you remove gear from the equation this game in pvp might actually become balance-able /gasp. The people who are good would still be good and you could still get your palette swap with lighting effects at 2.2k so really there would be no issue; except from those who rely on gear as a crutch.

Then again, people who put complete blame on gear alone use it as a crutch as well. It's major part of this game. It's quite absurd to get an attitude at the ones that feel that it still is, but don't rely on it completely.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
01/26/2013 10:04 AMPosted by Piñata
But even working my way up, I still found myself and others being of more use to a match then some decked out idiots chasing one player giggling at them.

oQueue did not exist until early this season. X-realm premades are a relatively new thing, too. I know what you're saying, and it was true for awhile, but the game has changed. One of those passerby's took another rook.

This doesn't work so well in today's game.

It was around last season, just not well-known.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
01/26/2013 10:08 AMPosted by Eisenhorne
It was around last season, just not well-known.

That, and there was the AV enabler addon.

Edit:

"Preform" I believe.
Edited by Kirama on 1/26/2013 10:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 09:49 AMPosted by Eisenhorne
Assume much? I won't duel you or almost anyone ever? Why do you think that is?

i don't assume anything. i'm relating to you my observations of other players. don't be so self-centered as to make it about you.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
01/26/2013 10:12 AMPosted by Drunkbeard
Assume much? I won't duel you or almost anyone ever? Why do you think that is?

i don't assume anything. i'm relating to you my observations of other players. don't be so self-centered as to make it about you.

You make sweeping generalizations about the player base from anecdotal evidence and you say that I'm self-centered? That's too rich. The point of my comment was to indicate that your "observations" are far from all-inclusive. You don't really know anyone's motivations. Your "observations" are assumptions thinly disguised. Away with you.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
It cuts both ways. It doesn't mean that there isn't a problem, though. The people who do that, just like the flip side, people who can only live on the gear, will both be reduced to equality.

Though it is quite silly to scream until your throat is sore to change something that's been a part of this game for years. Don't like the idea of gearing, but still play a gear based game? Call anyone that accepts that as some elitist prick who relies too much on gear alone?

Removing it completely is a ridiculous idea, finding a way to balance skill/gear is what is desired.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I agree with the first sentence. ENTITLED 90s that want to protect their OP gear need to go. Its a good thing you don't design games because NOBODY would play it.
Yea earning something is an entitled attitude... you are a clown.

01/26/2013 09:45 AMPosted by Drunkbeard
a stats advantage is just a crutch for players not willing to man up. you see the mentality of such players manifested in their actions
What complete horse manure. So player A's failure to gear up means that player B (who did take the time & effort to gear up) didn't "man up"? I can't comprehend how anyone can think in such an ignorant, backwards manner. Just mind boggling.
Edited by Kiaransali on 1/26/2013 10:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Technology is an exponential progression. At 80, my hp were around 16k. Now, it's around 130k, at 90, it would be around 340k. 16-340, in 2 expansions.

That's a bit much, isn't it? Gearing is obviously out of control. It needs to be rationally reigned back in. The gear grind, itself, has increased along with this. Too much, too fast. Yes, it's time for a radical change. Your system is broken. Redesign it.

It's time? Tell them that. But apparently they like doing the opposite of what their community voices.

I already said I don't mind a reasonable grind, for reasonable advantage. I don't mind you having a gear advantage with more time played. But when your gear increases your power not linearly, but exponentially, we have a problem.

Again, the unnecessary choices that were made at the beginning of this current season. Leave our ilvls gear alone, stop nerfing it to complete crap for PvE reasons, and gimping the ones that can't play so often.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]