Gear gap needs to go.

90 Undead Mage
01/26/2013 10:03 AMPosted by Rainbowdash
Here is a better question why does there need to be a gear gap at all if you are better you will still stomp kids period
This has been answered countless times... without progression the incentive to win for most players is gone. Without the incentive to win BGs become mindless death matches with everyone ignoring objectives. Some players would love this, I would quit the game.

The players claiming that better geared players use their gear as a crutch are almost always bad players that failed to gear up. Instead of taking responsibility for their failures they blame players that actually did put in the time & effort and are probably more skilled than they are (i.e. it is more likely they do arenas and RBGs & aren't just a BG hero).

01/26/2013 10:30 AMPosted by Kwizzlix
I dont understand what happened. In WOTLK someone in relentless could beat someone in wrathful if they were good enough. Now someone in dreadful gets facerolled by someone in malevolent. Im guessing its pvp power.
They are narrowing the gap between honor gear and conquest gear next season. I expect the whining to begin when players start getting the elite gear (i.e. after 27,000 conquest points).
Edited by Kiaransali on 1/26/2013 10:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 10:19 AMPosted by Eisenhorne

i don't assume anything. i'm relating to you my observations of other players. don't be so self-centered as to make it about you.

You make sweeping generalizations about the player base from anecdotal evidence and you say that I'm self-centered? That's too rich. The point of my comment was to indicate that your "observations" are far from all-inclusive. You don't really know anyone's motivations. Your "observations" are assumptions thinly disguised. Away with you.

my observations weren't about you specifically, yet you made the logical leap to assume that they were, based on, well, your own assumptions... human behaviour is quite predictable and explainable as you've so unwittingly demonstrated.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

You make sweeping generalizations about the player base from anecdotal evidence and you say that I'm self-centered? That's too rich. The point of my comment was to indicate that your "observations" are far from all-inclusive. You don't really know anyone's motivations. Your "observations" are assumptions thinly disguised. Away with you.

my observations weren't about you specifically, yet you made the logical leap to assume that they were, based on, well, your own assumptions... human behaviour is quite predictable and explainable as you've so unwittingly demonstrated.

Lol. Ok, bud. Once again you dodge, poorly, the point I was making. Go back. Re-read, as many times as it takes, our conversation. When understanding manages to burrow its way into your skull, maybe you'll stop with the nonsense you posted.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
If my hp's in 2 x-pacs rise from 16k-340k, they have risen 21 1/4 times what they started. Is that what you would expect?

But you're also speaking of different brackets, 75-79 being among the worse because of the health pools, damage, from Cata gear.

Far superior then endgame epics from 80 raids such as ICC.

The gear difference will follow the same pattern. PVP power, res, all of it, assuming blizz rates ilvl on stats. For you to be in CP gear, at 90, while I am in HP gear, at this point in time, makes you 21.25 * stronger than if you faced me, same conditions, at level 80 stats.

Then they're going to have to make it not so superior compared to a honor (standard) set. Whether they listen or not, is beyond me.
Reply Quote

Lol. Ok, bud. Once again you dodge, poorly, the point I was making. Go back. Re-read, as many times as it takes, our conversation. When understanding manages to burrow its way into your skull, maybe you'll stop with the nonsense you posted.

i dodge nothing. you assume that i make assumptions based on zero evidence. as far as i can tell, you're just being verbally abusive to undermine the critical examination of the topic at hand.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Right now, I'm going to see how the next patch goes. If not that smoothly, then I'll assume that they'll attempt to resolve whatever issues that come up. Not putting my complete trust on it, just seeing how much improvement there is.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

i dodge nothing. you assume that i make assumptions based on zero evidence. as far as i can tell, you're just being verbally abusive to undermine the critical examination of the topic at hand.

Ok, bud. Keep telling yourself whatever it is you need to. The proof is in your own words. If you choose to ignore the evidence, that's on you. Keep spouting your nonsense. We all know that's what is. /shoo
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I have done a bg right now. My !@#$ing god the horde side in random was having 6 peoples in full 2200+ gears and us NONE 1700+. Was very fun to be camped to GY. They have 0 healer us 2 but How can you do something when you die in 4 sec.

I have no more fun doing bg right now and it's NOT FUN AT ALL.

I am a very skilled healer but can't be competitive when the gear have so a large impact I ding 90 1 week ago and the fun factor to grind gear is not there.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Here is a better question why does there need to be a gear gap at all if you are better you will still stomp kids period
This has been answered countless times... without progression the incentive to win for most players is gone. Without the incentive to win BGs become mindless death matches with everyone ignoring objectives. Some players would love this, I would quit the game.

The players claiming that better geared players use their gear as a crutch are almost always bad players that failed to gear up. Instead of taking responsibility for their failures they blame players that actually did put in the time & effort and are probably more skilled than they are (i.e. it is more likely they do arenas and RBGs & aren't just a BG hero).

I dont understand what happened. In WOTLK someone in relentless could beat someone in wrathful if they were good enough. Now someone in dreadful gets facerolled by someone in malevolent. Im guessing its pvp power.
They are narrowing the gap between honor gear and conquest gear next season. I expect the whining to begin when players start getting the elite gear (i.e. after 27,000 conquest points).

Kiar I am not quite as geared as you have way higher rbg rating and I am not a bad and I can admit my gear gives me a massive advantage over a fresh 90 that in addition to my skill with a warrior is damn near impossible to overcome.

Think of a game like counterstrike the awp is banned on most maps because its is literally to powerful there is no chance against it, the difference between a glock and an awp is what the difference is between dreadful and malev t1 at the moment not even taking into account t2 let alone the difference between leveling gear and malev.

You say you want competitive games then you spew this bs of players not being geared means they are bad. Maybe just maybe most of those players at this point in the season are alts who haven't had a chance to get malev gear as they just go up. If you are good you should not need an artificial advantage given in the form of gear then again you are one of the champions of giving more artificial advantages in the form of premades. Since if you actually wanted competitive bgs you could just do rbgs /shrug.

In short the people who don't want gear normalized tend to be the bads the top players wouldn't give a crap because they would still stomp everyone, as can be seen by the first few weeks of a new expansion where everyone is full dreadful and top players blast right to 2.3k plus.
Edited by Rainbowdash on 1/26/2013 11:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
01/26/2013 11:08 AMPosted by Rainbowdash
In short the people who don't want gear normalized tend to be the bads the top players wouldn't give a crap because they would still stomp everyone, as can be seen by the first few weeks of a new expansion where everyone is full dreadful and top players blast right to 2.3k plus.

Uh no, you're doing the ignorant "those who think "x" is bad idea is a baddie" and blah blah blah again. I and others rather fight people of my ilvl, I just think normalization is not the way to go, and understand that gear is a major part of this game.

Enhancing your character, but not relying on gear alone. Letting skill shine again. That's what some that object to the idea of normalization want.

Now please, stop with the bigoted assumptions.
Reply Quote

Ok, bud. Keep telling yourself whatever it is you need to.

i'm sure you'll find some way to make it about you... but perhaps my sarcasm is lost on you.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
01/26/2013 11:17 AMPosted by Drunkbeard
i'm sure you'll find some way to make it about you... but perhaps my sarcasm is lost on you.

Do you intend to come across this ignorant, or does it just happen?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
01/26/2013 11:22 AMPosted by Piñata
Pimply teen in momma's basement with no job will kick all our a$$es.

Confuse them with a career plan, then make a break for it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Kiar I am not quite as geared as you have way higher rbg rating
I never said you were bad and I have told you like 4 times already why I don't do RBGs.

I can admit my gear gives me a massive advantage over a fresh 90 that in addition to my skill with a warrior is damn near impossible to overcome.
I never said gear doesn't give an advantage... I am just sick of players that are probably awful say that "gear is a crutch". The undeniable truth is that they failed to gear up & I did. Their failure to gear up is their fault, not mine.

You say you want competitive games then you spew this bs of players not being geared means they are bad.
It's not their poor gear, it's their entitled mindset. BGs are warfare, not a sport. In war you strive to be better trained (skilled) and better geared than your enemy & they strive to be better than you. The players whining about gear in this forum always make some stupid remark like better geared players are "afraid of competition" or that gear > skill (when 9/10 they never broke 1500). I was running around in crafted gear at the end of season 11 while everyone had conquest gear & I never complained once.

In short the people who don't want gear normalized tend to be the bads the top players wouldn't give a crap because they would still stomp everyone
This is completely backwards and just flat out untrue. Why is it that 9/10 of the players wanting normalized gear are in bad gear & never broke 1500? It's because they want a handout. They feel they deserve to be on an even playing field with players that put in much more time & effort & are likely much better than they are.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]