BM and 5.2

90 Goblin Hunter
@Xerify - A pet with an AFK hunter does less damage than Auto-Shot, the pet "opening your anal cavity" while the hunter is CCed is because the hunter already buffed up the pet, and you CCed the wrong target.

Mind you we do beat teams that out gear us badly, why? Because we outplay them.
But most of our losses are Warriors/BM seeing White and going 'LOLPRIEST POP ALL CDS TRINKET FIRST CC GG POINTS TAKEN'.

Most of your losses have a warrior, yet you are placing all of the blame solely on hunters. Pets aren't the only thing with tunnel vision apparently.

true, an afk hunter has several commands that directly affect the pets damage, if we dont press, it dont happen. im not a big PVP, but im glad my hunter kin are making up some ground in this area.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
To the op:
Bm hunters and hunters in general need buffs not nerfs lol.
Kfc is dominant in arena right now because of hunters? Get serious plz unless you are trolling us here.
Warriors are ridiculous right now and we getting carried by them us and every other class and team who plays with a warrior.
About bm now, why you almost exclusively see bm hunters in pvp? Because the other two specs are trash compared to bm regarding damage and utility.
Give me my old instant aimed shot with ms tight to it and i shall play MM all day all night.
MAke black arrow undispellable or give it a dispell penalty, remove the shared cd crap with fire trap and give survival some self heal or extra utility and i shall play sv all day all night.
Thats why i pvp as bm.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Why don't you cry about it
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

You're very welcome. For Y E A R S, Ive had to put up with shadow priest dots and beams owning me automatically too. Not so fun when you can just press a button and win now is it my good fellow?

Also, Having over 50% of your possible damage nullified because a player went around around something blows as well!

I despise someone that puts spells on me and walks away like im a mob and I have to struggle to stay alive.
PvP is Player vs Player, not Player vs Pillar

Also, we've had several nerfs. Spirit beast heals with stampede was nerfed, pet damage from stampede was nerfed and in the upcoming patch, silence shot is getting a 4 second longer on the cooldown so you can get those clutch heals off!

I'm Disc.
And Pillaring is just outplaying you.

Buff MM, bring the skill cap off of the ground.

Well your response was more mature than I predicted. Props for that. And as disc, fighting a bm hunter? Yeah youre gonna lose. Disc isnt designed to fight players especially burst specs that are ( admittedly ) easier to play than some of their other choices.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Hey look the most op arena class crying because he loses to 1v1. kek.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh noooos! My op class just got op by a bm and I can't pretend I'm way more skilled than I really am anymore! /go wow forums /cry
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
01/25/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Raygar
Well your response was more mature than I predicted. Props for that. And as disc, fighting a bm hunter? Yeah youre gonna lose. Disc isnt designed to fight players especially burst specs that are ( admittedly ) easier to play than some of their other choices.

Actually, disc priests are one of the stronger classes to fight a hunter.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
01/25/2013 06:11 PMPosted by Paetheus

Actually, disc priests are one of the stronger classes to fight a hunter.

I thought 1v1 against a healer was stupid in general. We literally have to blow every thing to keep them from doing one spell.

(Or it could be me, Im not the best player after all)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
OP because our pets do all the damage and we silence and have ccs?
Uhhhh...hello! Shields, heals, dots, and fears. Think we don't find that annoying as hell?
We are full dps across across the board, no healing spec, no tanking spec. We are meant to dish out damage and utilize survival skills. All specs of hunter require a degree of skill to play and BM requires micromanagement as another has pointed out. If we don't hold up our rotations while also utilizing certain pet skills, we are, as you stated, a free kill but there are hunters who have taken the time to optimize their survival and burst damage to be able to compete in PvP without being laughable.

If you're so frustrated about the hunters starting to make a name for themselves, then step up your game.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
So in other words, as always, someone looking from the outside at hunters and pointing a finger. So we have a spec that helps fight pillar humping, well ermahgerd a little counter! now if only there was a ledge one could jump off of and... oh wait.

As other hunters said, those pets are to us as dots are to you, put them on and run away, occasionally having to refresh them just like we have to press kill command and blink strike and BW. The spec works as without the hunter the pet is nothing and without the pet the hunter is nothing. don't CC before big red happens. CC while, especially now that pet and hunter can be CC'd in BW.

Also call for peels. unless talking about 1v1 or BGs. then LOL get out of here with that please.

Not saying BM is the hardest thing to play, but it is not as easy as many on these forums rant and rave about it being.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
hmm, maybe i should try pvp then, oh wait, i do that every so often at the begining of the expac and spend most of the time in the graveyard, or dieing, or runign ot get killed, if my pet was able to obliterate you with out my input, id prob enjoy pvp enough to actually have some kind of rating. For the record, we arent poping BM, that stands for beast mastery, we are poping BW, bestial wrath. if you fear a hunter and his pet, and he turns red, thats because BW acts like the human racail on use, it breaks effects on both the hunter and his pet that cause loss of control. also, as bm, our nuke is through our pet, the hard hiting 60k hit you get from the pet, thats cause the hunter, not hte pet, spent 40 focus (20 during BW) to have the pet instantly do the dmg, if the hunter is ccd, that dmg wont come, and it is on a 6sec cd, its our nuke like exposive shot or chimera shot. BW doesnt break roots, thats masters call, any hunter can do that
Im a strong raider, not much for PVP since i dont have the knowledge or the gear to survive, if BM hunters are killing you, that probably a gear difference (pvp gear comes with resilience that reduces dmg players and player controled pets deal, and pvp power, which increases dmg you and your pet deal to other players) .
If i were geared and went against you as it were, what your waiting for in 5.2, yea you could already do that to me. If i was geared and had the skill to do well in pvp, my skill matches your skill, the gear difference would determine the winner. as is, i got neither the gear nor the skill, if i went against you, id bet 10k that id be dead before you were below 50% , regardless of the fact that i play BM.
most classes have an interrupt of some form they can use, i cant think of a dps spec that doesnt have one, shadow priests have an interupt even. taking away bms stun and interrupt, that would make bm hunters have to dmg healers more than they heal in order to kill them, while a shadow priest could silence a holy or disc priest and get some dmg off with out the healer being able to out heal it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Your an undergeared disc priest trying to make it in 2's.....this thread means nothing to anyone.
Reply Quote
Look, i have only been doing pvp for about 10 weeks( all random Bgs) and i frankly know little about other classes(spec) and what they can do.

My gear is 474 with 60 resil and i have had that black beam thingy from spriests kill me in under 2 seconds from full health.

Those speists scare the crap outa me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]