Saying goodbye to a home of 7 years

90 Troll Hunter
(TL:DR at bot)
The curse of Might/GG/Tyranny/Bacardi (choose any I missed) cast on Lothar oh so long ago claims another victim... Well 3. If you were to ask me if I would transfer off this server 4-5 months ago I would tell you like I told hundreds of others over the years that I would not. How quickly can circumstances change what we thought were foundations in our mindset. So comes the day I thought would never come, if all goes according to plan next week Me, Dude, and Oak (Broflex) will be transferring off of Lothar. Unwilling to do like so many others and simply transfer to alliance; (Traitors!) we have opted to find a new home. To try and revitalize the fun/community/activity spark that we used to have for WoW.

It's unfortunate how far Lothar has fallen from grace of the glory days of Vanilla in which I rerolled on this server for back before BC. Ever since then it has become like a knife wound that remained untended slowly draining the life from the host. More and more the Horde community has witnessed mass exodus of raiding guilds, server transfers, faction transfers, deleting of characters, or simply quitting wow rather than watch the server they started on (or chose) die. Even after WotLK I tried to deny it more and more and keep the horde community together with server events, achievement runs, GDKPs, World races, Dbs Trivia, etc.. But as time went on it become more and more clearer. This server is dying/dead and what is left is barely staying afloat.

Even after realizing that I was ok with that. Even if Lothar was dead I was content to stay on this server as long as I had my friends who I had raided/played this game with for over 2-4 years now. But such a tight group of friends who stayed together that long couldn't survive losing 1-2 of those people and eventually fell apart early this expansion. Attendance, Real life troubles, Surgeries etc. broke the last tie that held me to Lothar. After coming back from a forced break of 2-3 months and realizing that; I was inches away from even ******* my account, thankfully/unfortunately that did not happen. That's when 2 of my longest friends on here who felt the same way as me decided if we didn't do something we would simply quit Wow without trying. And thus here we are.

Even now as I'm (a little drunk and) sitting here, it still feels weird that I actually cared for this server so much. But 7 years of a place you called home (even if it was for an Avatar) and leaving it behind can make you remember all you've done and spent in one place. I rerolled my hunter on Lothar after a year on Lightbringer in Vanilla. I saw Lothar at its greatest when guilds challenged the World rankings, world pvp was abound, and the drama and laughs even more. Back when the community was thriving and looked unstoppable and the lag unbearable. My how the king has fallen. So many guilds I have been in and so many people I have met/fought/raided/argued/laughed with on this server. From Acid trip to Ravage, from Uprising to Hallu, from Ender to Tyranny, from Slackers to Claw, from Judgement to Premade, From the amazing days of Octavarium to my longest home of Tornado of Souls, and especially Cosby Sweaters a guild of friends.

But yea even this is getting to long for a drunk typer to read. But yea sad to leave and excited to see what waits. We're heading for Zul'jin for those that are interested I have my name Jostin reserved and will be my name either that or Knife (don't ask), and if you wish to remain in contact with me my battletag is Jostin#1136 just let me know who you are in the message. Wanted to leave my mark on this server if only to have it recorded that I was here in the forums. Sorry it was long and dribbled on. Lothar is a place I'll always remember for whether that's good or bad lol. Thanks for the memories and all the good times, I pray we see something finally patch this server up and revitalize it that we may come back to it. But till then. In the words of DB "keep !@#$y"

TL:DR; Transferring, Got drunk, got nostalgic, wanted to say goodbye to and old friend like a real nerd. If you don't know me or care about this servers past move on.
Edited by Jostin on 1/24/2013 2:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
66 Human Rogue
Are we supposed to know who you are?

sound like a random to me
Edited by Roflgank on 1/24/2013 10:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
86 Human Death Knight
He's "jostin"
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Take it easy mang, I hope you find what you are looking for out there.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Are we supposed to know who you are?

sound like a random to me
Soholy can't even read tldr

Thanks Db
Edited by Jostin on 1/24/2013 3:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Rolled your hunter in vanilla eh?

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/66619158
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Warcraft:_The_Burning_Crusade
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
S****d account; he left for navy; Got my own account after finally getting a job after high school; Got to lvl 50 then and even restarted again after was able to delete toon on his account to get the name again, ball busting adverted
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
01/24/2013 05:21 PMPosted by Jostin
S****d account; he left for navy; Got my own account after finally getting a job after high school; Got to lvl 50 then and even restarted again after was able to delete toon on his account to get the name again, ball busting adverted

And I boned Miranda Kerr last night.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
come on sheex both of us know the only thing youve boned is a dog or maybe your speech therapist
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
01/24/2013 05:50 PMPosted by Jostin
come on sheex both of us know the only thing youve boned is a dog or maybe your speech therapist

You caught me, she's teaching me that sexy Aussie accent.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
You're taking Dude with you? I might have to hurt you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
</3
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Server is losing a couple more good ones. Best of luck to all three of you.
Reply Quote
66 Human Rogue
excuse me i did read it and It was a very endearing story and now that your gone lothar's pvp ranking is dropping below some newly developed servers
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
01/25/2013 09:16 AMPosted by Roflgank
excuse me i did read it and It was a very endearing story and now that your gone lothar's pvp ranking is dropping below some newly developed servers

Nobody pvps on this server, silly sally
Reply Quote
halp
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You guys deserve better, I will do better.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
Good luck, farewell and all the other good bye sayings. I remember participating in a few of your GDKPs on my troll hunter fookame back in the day and even participated in a few chieve runs before I stopped playing horde all together. You're a cool dude and hopefully you 3 find a server capable of holding your interest and excitement in WoW afloat. A suggestion for you though.. Maybe keep a lowbie on Lothar, that way you can still stay in touch and keep an eye on the servers overall well being(some of us older players such as yourself hold onto hopes that itll make a comeback :P).
Good luck again,
Fook
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Id like to know what the curse of GG was..............
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/26/2013 12:13 PMPosted by Skoalbandit
Id like to know what the curse of GG was..............

Me too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]