Stroke of Midnight ((Closed RP Sign-ups))

1 Human Hunter
01/22/2013 02:29 PMPosted by Elderhunter
Biggy you are accepted aswell, and I do like the idea of him being someone who cares for someone else even though no one has really cared for him. This will be an interesting RP.

w00! thanks, first time doing a closed forum rp, so hope I'm not to bad :D

yea, this profile name finally showed up, i made him couple hours before i posted on biggy, and been rping him, was kinda shocked when I was roleplaying my part as a pathetic begger and someone opened trade and gave me 200g o.0
Edited by Maive on 1/22/2013 5:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
Questions:

Marthius will know the names and such of his followers and their capabilities, or no? They are only now arriving? Or have they been with him for weeks, months, years?

The willing victims - has he hand picked them, or was that delegated to one of his followers? And will he be able to change one or two before the moment of the moons aligning, or only then?

How much leeway does Marthius have in his ruling the home he now abides in? Is it a small keep, a tower, what? And does he have a few servants to care for the daily work that such an abode will need to run smoothly?

That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure I'll have others as I go...my thanks for any considerations you may give my questions, and possible chance to role play Marthius for the thread, gracious lady.
Edited by Lucifearyx on 1/23/2013 7:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Ill do an in-game RP, although, do you have PTR? We could RP there, because my main realm is Aerie Peak, and you arent in there.
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
The warlock, Marthius stood on the stone balcony, looking out over the Blackwood estate. His face was cast in shadow of the deep hood he wore, however, he liked it that way. He held his staff close to him, leaning on it, as he watched his minions below make preparations for the big event only a month away. And he smiled.

He mind was interrupted by the chattering and a squeak of a rat running across the floor of his study, his own personal domain, and he turned and with a thought, a long purple bolt of energy sprang from the staff, striking and disintegrating the vermin without any trace of ash. Marthius looked again out over his estate.

"They think to thwart my great accomplishment," he thought, "To prevent it from happening. The fools. They will see I have thought it all through, and there is nothing they can do. But watch..." He started to chuckle, which turned into a full laugh as he stood staring up at the stars and the twin moons slowly coming together in the night sky.
Reply Quote
26 Night Elf Hunter
To Lucifearyx:

01/23/2013 06:32 AMPosted by Lucifearyx
Marthius will know the names and such of his followers and their capabilities, or no? They are only now arriving? Or have they been with him for weeks, months, years?

-He will know the names of his higher up followers, his more trusted. Most have been with him for along time, a couple years. His newer ones have only been with him for months or weeks.

The willing victims - has he hand picked them, or was that delegated to one of his followers? And will he be able to change one or two before the moment of the moons aligning, or only then?

-He left it to one of his followers to spread the rumors of his experiment, and let people come to him. He has tried to change them years before now, then found a book that described some of the process, but not all. He does try and most of the time it kills, sometimes it combines the souls, but their still human, and he'll kill them off, and other mixed results.

How much leeway does Marthius have in his ruling the home he now abides in? Is it a small keep, a tower, what? And does he have a few servants to care for the daily work that such an abode will need to run smoothly?

-He owns a good sized building with land, it's an estate of sorts, as we would put it today, but it is not huge. He is supposedly cruel to the servants he has that do the work needed.

And thanks for signing up, I still need more people, so we've got awhile, so feel free to sign up another character.

To Hoddoris:

PTR? And I'll make a new character, so for now, until I level that one up, we'd have to stick to low level zones.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Name: Jorym Jeremiah Stonehorse

Race: Human male

Class: Paladin (Protection)

Role: Hero

Basic Appearance: Standing at an average height of 5'8", Jorym is a solid man of action and strength. While not the handsome hero of legends of old, he does carry himself well, and he has a radiant smile. He has warm brown eyes, and hair of gold. He maintains his muscular body through physical labor and constant training.

Armor: Wears plate armor made of ghost iron that has a golden hue, and prefers to wear it as much as possible.

Weapons, if any: Jorym carries a heavy mace, as well as a solid shield that he can use with great proficiency. As well as using the light with proficiency and skill.

Short back story: Son of a very minor noble from Darkshire, Jorym grew up knowing the trials and tribulations of fighting worgens, dark wolves and undead things. He was found to have a strong sense of the light, and his father practically sold his entire estate to give his son the opportunity to train as a paladin in Stormwind City. He grew in stature, as well as accomplishments in his career, and managed to help his father regain his estate, and more. He has been proclaimed a hero in many small providences, villages, and districts, though he only felt he was doing the light's work in most cases.

Reason why your character is doing this role: He truly is a hero, and when he heard of the experiments being done by the warlock Blackwood, he felt drawn by the light to prevent Marthius from accomplishing his dreaded deed of changing common folk into demons. An act both heinous and evil in Jorym's eyes.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
If Jorym is accepted I think he should be the leader of the Heroes.
Edited by Kaltokk on 1/25/2013 8:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
26 Night Elf Hunter
Jorym is accepted! And I will decide the leader, and I don't do this often, but I thought it might add a plot twist of Marthius's daughter fell for one of the heroes. Now please don't judge me wrong for this, I don't want to sound weird. I just thought it would add a twist in the story if that happened. It would make Marthius choose between his daughter and his experiment.

Please don't think I'm weird. Please.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I think the daughter falling in love thing would be a neat thing to do, also I think you should let the heroes decide on the leader, below are my opinions on them as leaders.

I don't know much about Jorym but I chose him because his noble linage means he probably learnt a couple of things about leading, I doubt he would've been alone during all of his adventures so he probably either has experience watching or leading a group, and finally for story-telling as who better to lead a group of adventurers against an evil Warlock than the righteous Paladin?

Kal'tok has some experience as a leader, being leader of a Crime organization's Bruisers but is currently the only non-Alliance character so they probably won't want him to be the leader.

Yanyun has no experience and desire to lead.

I don't know that much about Allgira but the Death Knight thing much suggest she would be cold and calculating with perhaps a desire to show that she can lead a group of living effectively, however she might only have a few years of experience due to the memory loss.
Edited by Kaltokk on 1/25/2013 2:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
26 Night Elf Hunter
You are right, and I'll let them all decide once we have all five heroes, for now, there's four.
Reply Quote
1 Human Hunter
01/24/2013 02:28 PMPosted by Elderhunter
PTR? And I'll make a new character, so for now, until I level that one up, we'd have to stick to low level zones.

Couldn't we just make a party / raid group? we would be crz'd into the same realm unless we go into stormwind.
Reply Quote
26 Night Elf Hunter
I want to make a new character but my new realm is full, so why not us both start new ones?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Weird? Not at all, that may be a very interesting twist in the story. I cannot help but wonder if Marthius would feel betrayed or what. And how would he react? Nice idea.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
This thread looks really interesting, but I can't decide what role I'd rather play. Marthius had some appeal to it, but I'm not very experienced with villain rping; I know how to in theory, but I haven't tried it yet and don't really have my own style. Traitor might have been awesome if someone hadn't STOLEN IT! :P JK. Anyway, I think I'm stuck on either willing victim or hero. BUT, because there's only one spot left, I'll throw in a reservation for hero now and post a character bio in an hour or so, depending how my brain feels. I'll be back soonish :)
Edited by Derrekk on 1/26/2013 3:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
3 Undead Warlock
Derrekk's reservation withdrawn. I'm sorry, I just don't have enough time on my hands, I'm already in two other rp's and I have a lot of school work to do. Sorry.
Edited by Mårella on 1/26/2013 5:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
26 Night Elf Hunter
Perfectly fine, glad you considered though!
Reply Quote
26 Night Elf Hunter
Attention all who are accepted! (That includes you Lucifearyx since no one else is signed up and I want to get this started since everyone might lose interest!) Does everyone want me to put the IC thread up?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I think this is a good enough amount.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
yeah i think this is a good amount
Reply Quote
26 Night Elf Hunter
Great! I'll keep sign-ups open for a bit longer just so people can sign up if they want to for the few remaining roles.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]