OOM for EVERY Fight??

Ok, I am apparently a baddie and have no clue what I am doing, so that's off the table.

I'm having all kinds of issues running dry on mana. I'm watching the heals, the mana count, doing my best not to spam overheals, and even using the mushrooms, yet I'm having to self cast innervate and pop a potion on every single boss fight. Is this working as intended?

It seems that most mana burning classes have some sort of mana restore, but for some reason the Resto Druid one sure feels weak. Maybe I'm mistaken and just clueless but it sure doesn't feel right, so I guess I'll just tank more.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Would help if you logged out in your resto gear.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
All healers have to manage their mana. Thats part of healing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I use my mana cooldowns and a potion on almost every fight that isn't laughable farm. :3 As Sham said, mana management is part of being a healer.

Logs and resto gear would allow the druids to analyze what you may be doing wrong, if anything.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Ok, I am apparently a baddie and have no clue what I am doing, so that's off the table.

I'm having all kinds of issues running dry on mana. I'm watching the heals, the mana count, doing my best not to spam overheals, and even using the mushrooms, yet I'm having to self cast innervate and pop a potion on every single boss fight. Is this working as intended?

It seems that most mana burning classes have some sort of mana restore, but for some reason the Resto Druid one sure feels weak. Maybe I'm mistaken and just clueless but it sure doesn't feel right, so I guess I'll just tank more.

don't even think of overhealing. Just use low cost spells until things get serious. Having mana for heavy damage FAR outweighs keeping a steady HPS throughout the fight. You're still healing, just using the cheap ones. lifebloom + the slow, low cost h eal on the tank, and toss a wild growth when 4-5 people are below 80%.

Use CD's before you're oom. Attempt to maintain over half your mana pool, rather than oom being the standard...pretend 150k is oom. If things get messy, you'll be glad you did so.
Reply Quote
Oh I'm sure my spirit's still too low and I don't throw CG's beloved Nourish enough because I hate the thing, still feel like it was shoved down my throat from way back when. Mostly just wanted to rage a bit and vent that steam pressure off. Logged out in gear and speced, as for logs, aside from the ugly one that I turn into on the rare occasions that the cooldown's up, don't have any.
Reply Quote

Use CD's before you're oom. Attempt to maintain over half your mana pool, rather than oom being the standard...pretend 150k is oom. If things get messy, you'll be glad you did so.

I try to hit the tricks at about 30% mana pool, I'll see if stepping it up to 50% helps.

And I get what you mean about let 'em get hit and don't worry about keeping them full, it's the old school instinct I need to break.

And yes I get that mana management is part of healing, except for which was it, late WoLK where we sneezed and got mana? However, I really don't ever recall it being this bad with constant mana draining, but I am getting forgetful in my old age.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The general rule seems to be to hit your mana CD at around 75%-80% and then on CD. Healing with a Resto Shammy is amazing. With the exception of a big dangerous raid ability (Force and Verve, Rain of Blades, Unseen Strikem etc), the raid doesn't need to be absolutely topped off. It's safer that way, and it can feel dangerous, but especially as a HoT healer, you can afford to leave people around 80-90% health and still be safe.
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock
I just beg my shaman for tide and priest for hymn. My shaman will even keep me apprised of seconds to tide on the more stressing fights.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
You should probably shoot more for around 70% mana instead of 50%.
But you're right, your Spirit is indeed low. I know Druids aim to hit certain haste breakpoints to get more ticks on their HoTs, but at your gear level, you really should prioritize Spirit even if it means you drop down to a slightly lower haste threshold. Then, once you're more comfortable with your mana and your gear gets better, you can begin working back to the higher haste levels.
Also, you should look into getting Ghost Iron Dragonling you can put tinkers in it to give +600 Spirit, +600 haste and +600 mastery (or crit if you wanted). It's a massive trinket for what it is. And it's usable by anyone, not just engineers. Also, it's be worth getting the Greater version of the leg enchant since that's a tier piece you'll likely be using for a while. Probably forgo most of your socket bonuses and gem for straight Spirit, or at least Haste/Spirit if you need it for whatever haste level you want. Keep the helm socket bonus though, as that amount of INT is worth it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
What spells are you casting?

If a piece doesn't have spirit on it, I'd reforge into it.
Edited by Veroicone on 1/22/2013 7:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
umm i might be wrong about this but most healers now need about 9-12k spirit to be fine so start stacking your spirit

i can't even imagine being at 5k spirit again ... *shivers*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
ah ... ouch and you need new trinks i would recommend doing stormstout brewery for the empty fruit barrel and either keeping the 458 trink or change it out with Price of progress from Scholo
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
try doing Temple for the good mace that will never drop for me and also doing Halls and Gate for better rings
Reply Quote
Biggest issue is going to be gear. You need more of it, things WILL get easier once your ilvl goes up. As a previous poster mentioned you really need better trinkets, the good ones have use/procs that really help regen.

Get spirit up up up and get 3043 haste breakpoint. After that stack mastery wherever you can't get more spirit. Main point being MOAR SPIRIT.

Pop innervate around 70% then keep smacking it. Think about the fight and where a mana pot might be most helpful or just whack it on the second innervate if there isn't a mechanic/moment where it would be more useful.

Remember you can incarnation+lifebloom spam+free regrowths! This will definitely buy you time if you are low on mana even if it isn't a time when you need a raid cd.
Edited by Feyranna on 1/22/2013 8:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You should be using mana regen abilities pretty much on cooldown. You should be innervating at least twice per boss fight; don't wait until you're low to cast it, just wait until you know you won't be full after it's done.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
What kind of content are you doing? It seems like you are fresh to 90 with just your LFR MV clear.

You should replace your meta gem with the 415 spirit 3% crit gem, the gem in your shoulders should be 80 int 160 spirit, and you should use a 320 spirit gem in your prismatic (edit: belt) gem slot. Spirit should be obtained whereever possible so when possible replace your wrist and belt with spirit pieces (cloak as well once something of similar ilvl drops).

Some minor things I would suggest is dropping glyph of rejuvination for glyph of regrowth. Nourish isn't that powerful or efficient and guarenteed regrowth crits are useful. You may want to train yourself to use nourish less if you are using it a lot to refresh your lifebloom and/or buffer the tank. Another minor thing is natures virgil lined up with your incarnation will likely do you more good than Dream of Cenarius, which most resto druid never take.

The last thing is you should replace your trinkets soon. A Price of Progress from stratholme, a Empty Fruit Barrel from brewry, or even a Vial of Ichorous Blood from Seige of Niuzao Temple will do you a lot of good mana wise.
Edited by Stratis on 1/22/2013 9:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
In addition to what has been said, I would reforge/regem/re-enchant a ton of that haste away. Even when fully geared, most resto druids are shooting for the 3043 haste cap, and you are way over that. All that extra haste isn't helping your healing, and is just forcing you to OoM faster by allowing you to cast more of your expensive heals. Go for extra Spirit, Int, or if nothing else, Mastery.
Reply Quote
Spirit 5229

That is your problem.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
01/22/2013 04:36 PMPosted by Blackangus

ROFL! One of the best lines I've heard in a while! Well done!

"I'm a stupid fail noob tank that can't hold aggro. I'm a worthless f*** up, and I should delete my account and kill myself. So now that that's out of the way,...."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]