What do you think about Ashbringer.

90 Blood Elf Paladin
What's the big deal with Ashbringer anyway? I always thought that sword looked like crap.

It's more that the Ashbringer was kind of an Excalibur for Paladins, much how Death Knights salivated over possibly owning Frostmourne one day. It was the first real weapon (after Verigan's Fist, lol) that we could say was ours.

Most of the nostalgia for it stems from all the lore and hype Blizzard built around it...before they nixxed the idea of giving it into the hands of players and letting Tirion "Ice Blocked My Bubble" Fordring wield it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I'm just happy that we get it as Holy Avenger, I really dont see Blizzard letting us have a perma one.

I understand wanting it tho, It is one of my favorite weps in game. Love all the Lore that goes with it from the very start of the game all the way up to WotLK, then add in the fact its the sword that shattered Frostmourn then again lore wise it was very much connected to frostmourn and Frostmourn is the reason Ashbringer exists today.

I think Blizzard should introduce some very class specific weps and armor back into the game on the whole tho. I know you got a grove you wanna go with for each expansion but every now and then they really need to put something in the game that screams out to a certain class. I know that takes development time but I think its worth it imo.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I think it's too small for fem BEs... and that gives me the sad.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's more that the Ashbringer was kind of an Excalibur for Paladins, much how Death Knights salivated over possibly owning Frostmourne one day. It was the first real weapon (after Verigan's Fist, lol) that we could say was ours.

Most of the nostalgia for it stems from all the lore and hype Blizzard built around it...before they nixxed the idea of giving it into the hands of players and letting Tirion "Ice Blocked My Bubble" Fordring wield it.

I'm familiar with the lore around it, and the lore is cool. I just don't like the way the blade looks. I know it's just an opinion kind of deal. Personally I think it's good players don't get lore items like that. It tends to take away from the overall symbol the item represents if everyone is running around with it.

To be honest I really liked Tirion throughout wrath. It's a shame he's just been left out afterwards. I can't really think of any lore paladins left aside from him that are notable other than Turalyon, should he ever make a return.

I would love to see Tirion take on Sylvanas and the forsaken. He needs something to do with that sword instead of just sitting idle with it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

LMFAO!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Hey guys. I have a 10m fix for ya.

Pop Holy Avenger, /use Ai-Li's Skymirror
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Eh. I actually do like the weapon, but I'm not comfortable with having a perma-Ashbringer around all the time.
I did like this idea, though. I remember a friend and I were talking about how way back when in lore, Mograine the Ashbringer was so powerful that with one swath he could reduce a group of enemies into a pile of ash (hence the name). Something like this stuck with me:

Glyph of the Ashbringer - Killing blows caused by your special abilities cause your opponent to explode with the power of the Light, turning their corpses to ash. The spirit of the Ashbringer lingers with you for 3 sec. afterwards.

Basically, just chars enemy corpses black and gives you the Holy Avenger graphic for 3 seconds. Thought it'd be neat seeing that aspect of Paladins.

I Like this idea!
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
I also liked it because it is technically a dwarven sword and there isn't a lot of dwarf-aesthetic weapons in the game except for a few guns and one 1-handed hammer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
i like that glyph that chars the corpses and gives you a temp 1 for 3 seconds.

im also slightly hoping that the corrupted Ashbringer appears on the BMAH some time tho the amount off people that will probably fight/bid for it would be insane :/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
@ fallenangell 10/10 on that xmog
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
This thread just shows how far the wow population has fallen.

I'm !@#$ing disgusted. Only ONE of you had the correct response to any mention of Ashbringer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
@seraphim I'm still trying for my chest to finish it :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Shouldn't return as an actual weapon or even a glyph, but perhaps a weapon skin that requires you to do extremely difficult quests to get, and only used as a transmog skin. I'd like to see the same with corrupted ashbringer.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Glyph of the Ashbringer - Killing blows caused by your special abilities cause your opponent to explode with the power of the Light, turning their corpses to ash. The spirit of the Ashbringer lingers with you for 3 sec. afterwards.
Nice.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This thread just shows how far the wow population has fallen.

I'm !@#$ing disgusted. Only ONE of you had the correct response to any mention of Ashbringer.

Pft, it's merely due to the fact it goes without saying...

...The Ashbringer...

No lie, I say it in my head every time I even hear the word Ash. Watching Pokemon reruns have been terrible for me, and no longer solely because I'm watching old Pokemon reruns.
Reply Quote
59 Human Warrior

Pft, it's merely due to the fact it goes without saying...
...The Ashbringer...

The trashbringer....the oathkeeper...

Old habits die hard lol.

Jackishi, you're the only name I recognize from back in the day. Looks like all the other old paladins have faded away.

Good to see you. I'll tell Rocax you're still around. Maybe I can get the slug to post. He's been gone as long as me o_o.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Wow, Hyacynth? Been forever since I've seen you post! Good to see you're still around!

AND ROCAX!! Ahh, the only Warrior I ever truly loved. How is that jerk?! <3

I do miss the old @Paladins, though the new crew is just as lovable (and more knowledgable than I'll ever be /sigh). Though I admit, kinda shocked *anyone* remembers me from the old forums or to see anyone from back then - I took a long break during Cataclysm, and when I came back, the only one left I recognized was Longwriter, and he doesn't post often these days. =(

Think this is a mark of how old we've gotten on this game. Back in our day, the Ashbringer... wasn't a two-minute cooldown, it was a legendary fishing drop! (Allegedly).
Reply Quote
59 Human Warrior
The jerk is good lol. He's upstairs eating right now. I'll prod him to get on after he is done chowing. Two paladins...one house. Sounds like a bad sitcom >< It's a story lol.

We both took a long break for a few yrs mid LK. Came back lvled to 85 at the start of Cata, left again. Been back roaming pandaland for a couple weeks now. Man, are things ever different!

Longwriter! <3 Haven't seen him in forever. Gawd, I remember his "Does Blizz hate Paladins" vid series.

Only contact I have with the old crew now is msn msg. Gidg, Muletia, Clothadin, Szandor, etc. and I haven't even been on that in a long while.

Of course I remember you! So does Cax. Old paladins never forget. ^^
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
01/31/2013 02:19 PMPosted by Jackishi
I do miss the old @Paladins, though the new crew is just as lovable

Damn right we are!

01/31/2013 02:44 PMPosted by Loleeta
Muletia

Mule is still around, that's the only name I know off your list. <_<

You and any other oldies should drop by the Open Libram sometime, pretty much the new Paladin community thread.

Old meets new!
Edited by Cadenbrie on 1/31/2013 2:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Human Warrior

AND ROCAX!! Ahh, the only Warrior I ever truly loved. How is that jerk?! <3

I LURVE U 2 JACKISHI.

Also, The Ashbringer...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]