The Ysondre Collective

90 Dwarf Paladin
Theysondrecollective.weebly.com

It's a website where players may register so that Raid and PvP leaders may organize events, calling upon people that are outside of their guild. The main idea is that there are players out there that do not want to leave their guild, for whatever reason, but would otherwise like to participate in the game's various activities.

Hitting up trade chat is not reliable, since many players are scattered throughout the world and actually need to be logged in.

This is not really meant to be a guild recruitment initiative, though it may potentionally be used for that. Again, the idea is that there are people that are not in guilds that want to play, but don't know who needs them or when they are needed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I did your survey.
Reply Quote
I think this is amazing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/27/2013 09:48 PMPosted by Nevh
I think this is amazing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
/signed up
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Briefly scanned it and it looks like a real cool idea (like Openraid for current content). Is there any Horde participation on this thing? And also why the onerous PVP gear requirements for raiding? PVP gear is no longer worse than same ilvl PVE gear, so I don't see why there is a restriction on how many PVP pieces you can wear or what ilvl you need to have.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
When are you going to let me know when I got in.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I think this is a great idea. I've put a link in our guild forums to see the interest from our guild. It is quite possible we'd be interested in hosting a raid or at least sending some alts along to help provide insight on how to approach the fights. I'll post back when I have some more feedback from fellow NV members and officers.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
01/28/2013 03:03 PMPosted by Taelo
When are you going to let me know when I got in.

The GM of the Revs is the one in charge of the site. I don't quite understand how things work, but you might want to contact someone in the Revolutionaries if you have any questions.
Edited by Cbredbeard on 1/30/2013 3:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I do think the site could be made to accomodate Horde players. Should be even.
Edited by Cbredbeard on 1/31/2013 2:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
So this doesn't work for Horde players? Boy do I feel stupid for filling it out. I guess all the Alliance logo banners should probably have been enough warning.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Glad to see interest in The Collective!

All respondents to the online survey will receive a mail message, this weekend, and calendar invites for the specific upcoming events. RBG dates may change slightly from what is currently listed on the website, based on the response data. I will also be in touch with all GL's already poised to host events to confirm and exchange battletags.

If you are a GL and would like to host but have not yet submitted a survey online, please complete the survey and message me in-game to chat/organize. If you are a GL currently running successful PvE content but have guild members that would like to participate in PvP content, please ask them to fill out the survey.

Basically, completing the survey is the easiest way for us to connect players with teams. Please freely link the website (TheYsondreCollective.weebly.com) on your guild facebook pages, your guild forums and post to your message of the day to encourage participation.

Regarding PvE and PvP team minimum requirements. The PvP and PvE gear sets are meant to benefit a specific end result. PvP gear focuses on survivability and PvE gear focuses on output. Given that the end goal of The Collective is to run successful content, efficiently, without carrying people, we require participants to use the correct gear for the specific end-game content.

In terms of Horde participation, it would be great if there were a way to branch this out to the horde camp. Unfortunately, I do not have any horde toons to publicize this information or to coordinate events. If there were a Horde GL or organizer that would like to undertake such a venture, please contact me and we can set something up. Perhaps you could use the established website and I could funnel the player data to you. At this time, however, we only have organizers in the Ally camp.

If you have any questions shoot them my way either in-game or here. I'll be more vigilant about checking the forums in the coming weeks.

Happy Gaming, Ysondrens!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
In a horrible turn of events, I logged in to review survey responses and some had been cannibalized through the sponsoring website! It was terrible.

When this began it was originally based around a forum and open responses but one person was worried about anonymity in responding so I changed it to a survey system. Given the current issue of a sketchy survey host, the forum is now reopened. You can still post a survey if you prefer anonymity, but ultimately the point is that 2 things happen. 1) express interest and meet the minimum requirements and 2) find a way to show me you're interested. If you don't see me in-game, use the forum or survey.

Right now I have direct responses from:
Holymana
Ovidius
Taelo
Jimmyhendrix
Elendriel
Kungfuninja
Trandradra
Obamadin
Fadaway
Granced
Nevh

If you filled out a survey and don't see your name here, assume your response was part of the survey carnage and post directly to the forum or take your chances with the survey.

Unity, Crayons Taste Lyk Purple, Task Force Alliance, Clever Guild Name, BOA, Eternal Ones, Get Rich or Die Grinding and The Revolutionaries are all signed onto the project with some of the guilds listed available as hosting guilds. Please contact me if you'd like to become a participating guild.

TheYsondreCollective.Weebly.com
TheYsondreCollective.freeforums.org
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

Regarding PvE and PvP team minimum requirements. The PvP and PvE gear sets are meant to benefit a specific end result. PvP gear focuses on survivability and PvE gear focuses on output. Given that the end goal of The Collective is to run successful content, efficiently, without carrying people, we require participants to use the correct gear for the specific end-game content.

There is no longer any difference between PVP and PVE gear as far as PVE functionality goes. My priest would be wearing 3 pieces of PVP gear if I hadn't replaced the pants with tier just to avoid having to constantly regem my PVP pants for raids, and I daresay all three pieces are pretty good.

EDIT:

While certain tanks find PVP gear completely undesirable, any healer or DPS using PVP epics is doing just as well as if they were wearing LFR gear in the same slot, and in some cases the PVP gear's itemization is superior.
Edited by Mahourai on 2/2/2013 2:05 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]