Windlord Progression (10m) help.

90 Gnome Priest
01/24/2013 04:24 PMPosted by Taymage
1) Your disc priest isn't Spirit Shelling enough. He's missing several RoBs each attempt, and the ones he does hit, he only casts ~2 PoHs on each group. He could shield every RoB, and he could do about 50% more shielding each time than he's been doing.

Everybody always says this in these forums, but every single time we have done this in both of our raid groups, and I mean literally every single time, there has been no good way to tell when RoB was going to happen during phase two.

There is no accurate timer for RoB. There is a 45 cooldown on RoB, but he does not cast RoB when the cooldown is up. Instead, he casts it at any time between 45 seconds and more than a minute after the last one.

It would probably be best to just assume it was going to happen every minute, but that doesn't mean it is going to work every time.

I think it's pretty hard to miss with Spirit Shell. The DBM timer doesn't really tell you anything, but SSing on CD has some pretty solid results. Best case scenario, he RoBs after SS expires. Worst case, he RoBs as you start up SS. In the latter case, you can hold your SS on the next RoB (since RoB is likely to be up before SS is) and call for another raid CD.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I do 25 mans. Initially we were having ppl run in for a CD like barrier or SLT or even tranq so that everyone could get the benefit, but we found ppl were running into wind bombs. Try putting all range in one group, all melee and the melee healer in another group. Make sure the melee healer does NOT stand with the melee, but rather off to the side.

Just make sure that your Dpriest is SS the raid prior to blades. They can SS EVERY single blade. And then just focusing on his group during the mechanic. If you make sure that the range are loosely stacked, it should make healing VERY easy, as well as to make sure that wind bombs are not spread all around the room, increasing the risk of running into one.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I think it's pretty hard to miss with Spirit Shell. The DBM timer doesn't really tell you anything, but SSing on CD has some pretty solid results. Best case scenario, he RoBs after SS expires. Worst case, he RoBs as you start up SS. In the latter case, you can hold your SS on the next RoB (since RoB is likely to be up before SS is) and call for another raid CD.

Yep, I'm looking at the log browser right now for their pulls. There isn't a single pull where SSing on CD starting about 10 seconds before he casts the first RoB in p1 wouldn't have hit every single one within the 30 second window for Spirit Shell effectiveness. If predicting the first one is too difficult, pop Mindbender or Halo as soon as it goes off and you've got a timer for #2 - aim for about 15 seconds ahead of that one.

He seems to do it almost perfectly once every 1:02-1:05 for the first 5 (so you're moving toward the end of SS's duration). The ones at the very end seem to go a bit faster, more like 45-50 seconds apart, so they'll start creeping back up on your timer, but they shouldn't catch up completely.
Edited by Kaels on 1/24/2013 5:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
For rain of blades, you do need to try and use one major CD per go -- so priest uses his big CD and the next time have the druid use theirs. The paladin can toss down hammer of light in the melee group right before it goes out to start getting some absorb shields and radiance the melee while weaving in shock on ranged. People have got to use personal CDs and help out. That is heavy damage and it can be tough to heal through. I'd suggest paladin use their CDs with the druid. Priest bubbles are usually great when they're up and it's every other rain of blades. If your holy pally doesn't have holy avenger talent, they might want to try that for this fight as it's an extra guaranteed CD that can pump out a lot of hps quickly on demand. If I remember right, it'll be up every other rain of blades as well. So you can have them use their CD opposite the priest.

ETA -- you might want to have your paladin MT the fight and take battle healer glyph. It's amazing for this fight. Your pally tank will pump out just as much hps as your healers during the add phase.
Edited by Rainstorms on 1/24/2013 7:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
After multiple wipes last night (first night of real attempts on WL), the hump we have to overcome is more uptime for the DPS - that is, breaking prisons ASAP and getting back in rotation after running out when dropping pools or sidestepping Blades.

Phase 1. The healing here seemed really not bad at all. Thinking of trying out having both Druids pop HotW at the beginning to get some more damage out. As long as people dodge out of tossed blades, there's not much to heal. So far, I've not yet had a problem with mana coming out of this phase.

Phase 2. As long as there is room to avoid Wind Bombs, this is seeming doable. Rotating in healing/defensive CDs is key. Something that really seems to make or break survival through a RoB is hitting a raid-wide healing CD right at the beginning of RoB. If, say, Tranq doesn't start until after a second of RoB damage, it can't keep up, and one or more party members die.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]