Ridiculous!Feral PVP set bonus changed in 5.2

90 Tauren Druid
So being a feral druid, it is hard enough to be good at pvp and be viable in arenas and bgs. I might be able to some how adapt to the dramatic cyclone nerf but something is just way over kill. I just looked at my Season 12 set bonus and I am appalled. They removed the 15% speed increase on our feral pvp set! So many classes out there have the ability to go super fast and I've always needed the 15% speed increase on our pvp set. Instead of the 15% pvp set bonus, they replaced it with absolutely terrible set bonuses.

The 2 piece now increases duration of savage roar by 8 second and increases the critical strike chance reduction from thick hide to 34%. First of all, thick hide doesn't even benefit feral!! Guardian druids may benefit from it but only from one aspect of RBGs. Every feral/guardian druid can use the pvp speed bonus in all aspects. Savage roar by 8 seconds is kind of nice, but it's not quite as useful as just 15% speed increase.

Dosen't the developers remember that short period of time where the feral druid set bonus was broken and speed wasn't being calculated? THAT affected ALOT of feral druids. I know there's hardly any feral druids out there as is but we need that speed set bonus to be viable. 25% speed is hardly anything and alot of other classes already has no problem catching that speed. This change forces me to have to pick feline swiftness in order to stay competitive. Except wild charge is such a needed talent as well...

I agree that it may seem a little bit ridiculous sometimes that we are running so fast but I never asked that our speed bonuses stacked on top of each other. It would have been a simple solution to have the only have the pvp set bonus stack with our cat speed and then nothing else. They played with that a little bit and I was fine with that as well.

We need our pvp set bonus back!

Even our gloves has been changed. Instead of reducing skull bash's energy cost, it now increases the damage by maim... that's tolerable change... but it's not as good as moonkin's set which increases the duration of cyclone.

Speed and mobility is our strength. I rely on our speed to break off combat in middle of a fight to get a base that is in need of help. We need our speed to survive and not be kited half to death. Without our speed and mobility, we have less to offer in a group situation and the reason to take a feral druid becomes less and less.

*EDIT*

Change was reverted hurray! We have our 2 set pvp 15% speed increase bonus back! It will not stack with feline swiftness. I am perfectly fine with that because I think no druid even take feline swiftness anyways since Wild Charge is such a needed ability.
Edited by Khronuslight on 2/6/2013 11:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
01/24/2013 05:35 PMPosted by Khronuslight
Even our gloves has been changed. Instead of reducing skull bash's energy cost, it now increases the damage by maim... that's tolerable change... but it's not as good as moonkin's set which increases the duration of crapclone

Well it's better than having nothing at all for this, given they're making interrupts free of any energy cost in the patch.

The set bonus on the other hand... yeah.... I love out of range errors.... or not having a gap closer. So errors or no gap closer.... got to love our tier 1 talent 'choices'
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
01/24/2013 05:45 PMPosted by Waraila
Well it's better than having nothing at all for this, given they're making interrupts free of any energy cost in the patch.

my skull bash still shows that it costs 15 energy on the PTR.

01/24/2013 05:45 PMPosted by Waraila
The set bonus on the other hand... yeah.... I love out of range errors....

Most other classes can go 115% by default. Our class can go 125% (without boot enchants). Technically, we should be faster than them and being able to stay on top of them while we dps them. But thanks to a little latency, all we get is the "target is out of range" while we are completely on top of them. The speed bonus is what makes my pvping experience on my druid tolerable. Now my choice for my T1 talent is between swiftness or feral charge. Feral charge has much more utility but I can't survive without being faster. This is not a good position to be in. We need our speed bonus back.

We need something that's not quite as stupid as savage roar by 6 seconds or thick hide crit change reduction
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
We've always had 130 base speed as kitties since as far as I can remember.

We've also have the 15% PvP set speed.

They changed it around a bit in MoP, which means we get 125 base speed, plus boot enchants making it to 135.

The problem lies in the talent choice for 15% run speed. GC seems to think that on top of the set bonus is an issue.. so he is removing the set bonus without considering that wild charge is mandatory in PvP.

That is where our problems start.

And yeah they didn't update the tooltip as far as I can tell, but GC said all interrupts, including rogue's kick were being made energy free as it wasn't fair to us that we had to waste energy in PvE to interrupt bosses when other classes didn't.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The real obvious solution would be to simply make the 15% speed pvp set bonus to not stack with other movement increasing affect like they were trying to prior to the release of MOP before they broke it completely. PVP set bonus does not have to stack with feline swiftness and that was fine with me. It was ridiculous to have them stack but it's even more ridiculous to simply take it away all together.

Because now our decision of T1 talent isn't as much of a choice but rather "do I want my feet or do I need my hands more to live." Displacer beast is just absolutely trash. Wild Charge is such necessity that it almost should be baseline. Speed is also important especially now we no longer have it on our pvp gear.

I would atleast like it if glyph of prowl becomes baseline so we can actually have a choice in what to use in our glyphs.

Or atleast make the pvp set bonus good. Savage roar is nice but 8 second increased duration isn't all that much useful.
Edited by Khronuslight on 1/25/2013 10:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
At least they reverted the dr on cyclone and dropped it to 20 seconds now only if they would alow it to be casted without going on c/d.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Paladin
woah...

So now more set bonus of 15% speed buff??

That sucks. I know everyone likes wild charge for pvp, but in one my trees I don't take wild charge and just use feline swiftness. I like it for wpvp and random bgs; just something a bit different and fun.

I feel like not having wild charge but going 174% in cat form can make up for it when just messing around. It is also super fun not needing a mount and going 200% in travel for in random bgs.

Is this change documented in the ptr notes?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm not so sure it was a bad change for the game. I feel like between being able to shift every snare and the incredibly fast run speed, something had to give. It's not going to be a huge deal in an arena setting either way, I'd be more worried about the Cyclone change.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
01/25/2013 01:59 PMPosted by Starshipx
I'm not so sure it was a bad change for the game. I feel like between being able to shift every snare and the incredibly fast run speed, something had to give. It's not going to be a huge deal in an arena setting either way, I'd be more worried about the Cyclone change.

Blizzard reverted the cyclone DR change so that it no longer DRs with everything poly does. Feral still has a CD on cyclone but it's 20 seconds, not 30.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/25/2013 02:30 PMPosted by Granetz
Blizzard reverted the cyclone DR change so that it no longer DRs with everything poly does. Feral still has a CD on cyclone but it's 20 seconds, not 30.

I can't find the patch notes. Where did you find this?
Edited by Sohra on 1/25/2013 2:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
01/25/2013 02:40 PMPosted by Sohra

In the megathread on the ptr discussion forum.

01/25/2013 01:59 PMPosted by Starshipx
I'm not so sure it was a bad change for the game. I feel like between being able to shift every snare and the incredibly fast run speed, something had to give. It's not going to be a huge deal in an arena setting either way,

Rootshifting was a big deal because of our need for uptime to build combo points on a target. The runspeed issue will lead directly to a choice between being right up the rear of the target, able to hit with white swings and getting out of range errors whilst trying to use shred, but have a gap closer in wild charge. Or have no errors and no gap closer.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
01/25/2013 02:40 PMPosted by Sohra

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7593740975?page=51#1020
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Rootshifting was a big deal because of our need for uptime to build combo points on a target. The runspeed issue will lead directly to a choice between being right up the rear of the target, able to hit with white swings and getting out of range errors whilst trying to use shred, but have a gap closer in wild charge. Or have no errors and no gap closer.

I can completely sympathize with "out of range" errors. That's just kind of the nature of an online game like this, though, and every melee class to deal with it. I don't think the fix is to just have melee run at lightning speed towards their target.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
FFS, I take a couple months off from game, due mostly to boardum, decide to dip my toes back in, and find our speed nerfed? Well, that is just the motivation I need to finally cancel my account.

Peace.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
01/25/2013 11:42 AMPosted by Cathom
Is this change documented in the ptr notes?

This is not documented on the PTR notes so I'm hoping that this was a "bug." I won't know for sure until the the new pvp gear goes out on the PTR.

Maybe I'm just overreacting... I know the PTR is just temporarily but you know how it goes... if you don't overreact now, it will become live and it will be too late.

edit: never it's documented now so def not a bug
Edited by Khronuslight on 2/1/2013 8:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
the way blizz has treated feral in MoP you have every right to overreact....
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
So being a feral druid, it is hard enough to be good at pvp and be viable in arenas and bgs.

Sir you must be incredibly bad to have said that ferals face roll to glad easy this patch and i mean easy doing insane damage with cooldowns enough to make a destro locks chaos bolt look like a wussy so QQ?

also chance to get crit reduced ya thats useless in PVP

Problem is Feral druids have face rolled for so long that when blizzard is starting to buff the other classes to be on par the sucky druids who can bearly understand two buttons are only noticing they are loosing more often and coming to the forums to QQ

and why hows it that bad being a feral druid with 85% of 3s Rank 1 teams having a feral druid

and even more omg qq now i have to know what dr my cyclones on i dont wanna have to know the current dr of my target like every other class :( omg ferals are usless we dr now QQQQQQ

jesus learn your class sorry you cant face roll now but you still will
Edited by Flair on 1/28/2013 6:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I think the thick hide change has to do with guardian FCs in RBGs, but I could be wrong...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
This is the most ridiculous OP post I have seen to date...I have a feral and the last thing feral's need is more mobility. Why in the hell would you need more mobility. You can shape shift out of every single root.

The additional run speed is just way overkill.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The additional run speed is just way overkill.

Where are you getting this? As OP explains, they are removing the 15% increased movement speed from our 2 piece PvP bonus.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]