Ridiculous!Feral PVP set bonus changed in 5.2

100 Tauren Druid
Sir you must be incredibly bad to have said that ferals face roll to glad easy this patch and i mean easy doing insane damage with cooldowns enough to make a destro locks chaos bolt look like a wussy so QQ?

also chance to get crit reduced ya thats useless in PVP

Problem is Feral druids have face rolled for so long that when blizzard is starting to buff the other classes to be on par the sucky druids who can bearly understand two buttons are only noticing they are loosing more often and coming to the forums to QQ

and why hows it that bad being a feral druid with 85% of 3s Rank 1 teams having a feral druid

and even more omg qq now i have to know what dr my cyclones on i dont wanna have to know the current dr of my target like every other class :( omg ferals are usless we dr now QQQQQQ

jesus learn your class sorry you cant face roll now but you still will

Face roll eh, is that why there are so many high ranked feral druid in arenas? Is that why the game is over populated with feral druids? Wrong. The game is over populated with rogues, warriors, hunters and DKs. It seems like there's even more DPS monks than there are feral druids and monks just came out. The only other spec that I see just as rare of is maybe enhancement shamans. It is not easy doing well as a feral druid in arenas because people would rather pick a dps class with more damage. What druids have to offer is utility. The massive cool down to the cyclone limits our utility. There's no point bringing a feral druid if you can bring any other class that has better CC and better damage.

Druids have NEVER face roll to victory. We do have to try harder than other classes to be competitive. That is why there are so few of us because people would rather pick an easier class to play... In any BG, it would be some amazing chance if I some how see 1 other feral druid. I see tons of warriors and rogues though. The ones who actually continue to stick with their druids are usually the ones who know what they're doing... usually.

Feral druids have alot of burst which is true but burst is nothing if we can't do sustained damage. In the rare instances where I actually encounter another feral druid in pvp, I just ignore him because I know he's not going to be doing enough damage to kill anyone on my team. The ones where I know I need to crowd control are the hunters and warriors.

Since obviously you do not know much of feral druids, there's really not much point for your reply. Having crit reduction chance in pvp is great... if it actually applies to your spec. The set bonus applies to thick hide, which feral druids do not have. That is a set bonus for guardian druids only which is only viable in some rbgs.

We've always had the 15% pvp set bonus. That is where we're getting the mobility from. It used to be a 4 piece set bonus and now it is a 2 piece. And on the PTR, it's not there anymore. That actually is a big problem.
Edited by Khronuslight on 1/29/2013 8:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
91 Troll Druid
Exactly as chronus said, there has never been a time when Ferals were faceroll (since I've played one at least, which was in late wrath). If you are facing a ranged class, which includes healers and dps, they will normally have at least one way to slow you, and they will use that.
Just to name 3 popular ranged classes, of which you will find at least one in almost every BG, is the following:
Mage: Cone of Cold, Frostbolt, Frozen Orb
Hunter: Concussive Shot
Spriest: Their channeled ability (mind flay?) with a purple line from them to target as the animation also slows.

You will likely find at least one of these classes in every BG, and they will use the slows to their advantage. We need speed boosts for the same reason a rogue does: We only have one gap closer, and our slow is melee only (unless you use faerie swarm talent, which I recently began to do). You may argue that skull bash is a gap closer, but it's also our only inturrupt, and has a short enough range to be almost pointless unless you need to inturrupt a spellcast at the same time. Warriors have charge (x2 with a talent, or 12 sec CD with different talent), intervene to a banner, and heroic leap. DK's have death grip, icy touch, as well as death's advance which prevents slows from slowing too much. We and rogues really only have our passive speed to help us.
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Druid
01/24/2013 05:35 PMPosted by Khronuslight
The 2 piece now increases duration of savage roar by 8 second and increases the critical strike chance reduction from thick hide to 34%. First of all, thick hide doesn't even benefit feral!! Why would a guardian druid need a set bonus for pvp? I cannot pvp like this at all.

Because people like me that have guardian spec for fc would need that set bonus.

01/24/2013 05:35 PMPosted by Khronuslight
This change forces me to have to pick feline swiftness in order to stay competitive.

You dont need feline swiftness to be competitive. Stay with feral charge. Feline swiftness is something that a guardian FC would spec into it.
Edited by Pawnzerkin on 1/29/2013 2:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Druid
01/25/2013 10:56 AMPosted by Khronuslight
Or atleast make the pvp set bonus good. Savage roar is nice but 8 second increased duration isn't all that much useful.

I wouldn't really say its not useful. If you glyph savage roar thats basically a 20 second savage roar w/ no combo points.

I can see why they made that change. I know i'm not the only one that struggled keeping up savage roar.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/29/2013 10:53 AMPosted by Pawnzerkin
I can see why they made that change. I know i'm not the only one that struggled keeping up savage roar.

That's the thing though, we shouldn't have to struggle to keep it up. In a high pressure situation, we simply can't waste the combo points or the energy into Savage Roar. Not to mention the GCD we waste on it.

They should just scrap that mechanic altogether, it's not the way Ferals should work.
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Druid
The game is over populated with DKs, DKs, DKs and DKs

fixed
Reply Quote
91 Troll Druid
01/29/2013 11:24 AMPosted by Pawnzerkin
The game is over populated with DKs, DKs, DKs and DKs

fixed

I actually have seen quite few DK's recently. It's quite eerie, because in the past 10 BG's I've played I saw 2, maybe 3, DK's on mine and the opposing teams in total. There seemed to be far more in Cata.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I wouldn't really say its not useful. If you glyph savage roar thats basically a 20 second savage roar w/ no combo points.

The savage roar glyph is kind of nice, but there's just too many valuable glyphs to use I had to stop using savage roar. What I think is vital and required glyph as feral is prowl and cat form (increase healing received) that leaves 1 glyph slot to play with. I used to have savage roar so that I can have a better opener... but in preparation for the cyclone nerf, I started using Fae Silence. I need another way to lock down spell casters for a bit so that my partner doesn't just get zerged. Cyclone used to help alot with that so now, I have to use that other glyph instead of savage roar.

I still think that if people some how think that ferals are so OP and so easy, then there would be alot more of them. But instead, I hardly see any feral druids around at all... mainly because it's too hard to use and if you can't use it right, then it's not powerful at all. Players are being beaten by the few ferals who still actually know how to play.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
Funny to see a drood QQing with all the instant IMMUNES to root/poly/hex and ur winning about your f-ing speed increase ? Reroll and check how terrible are other classes exept casters and wars, otherwise this speed boost was totally uneeded with all the charges u have as feral so GTFO and delete that thread ASAP
Edited by Hellaz on 1/30/2013 12:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
This is the most ridiculous OP post I have seen to date...I have a feral and the last thing feral's need is more mobility. Why in the hell would you need more mobility. You can shape shift out of every single root.

The additional run speed is just way overkill.

As the OP states, sometimes in PvP you want to run away and live. Most melee now move as fast as feral used to move, so obviously feral would continue to move that must faster to stay ahead of the curve.
I think this complaint or concern is legitimate. I know that for me personally the +15%movement buff to pvp set was one of the main reasons I loved playing my feral for the last 6 years.
Blizzard ALREADY admitted that they should not have allowed this stuff to stack MULTIPLICATIVELY, but since there was some issue with stacking it ADDITIVELY they just ignored it. Now they are yanking our set bonus as the easy fix.
Some times these guys a BLiz piss me off so bad. I love em, and I love their games, but sometimes, they just suck at making the right decision.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I was going to rebut the face roll claim, but I see some people already did that for me.

Druids... faceroll.... lol funny stuff.

There is literally only one class right now that *might* actually win by rolling your face across a keyboard with macros, and that is BM hunter.
People like to use the word face roll whenever they are seeing a class that gives them a challenge in a fight.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
01/30/2013 12:17 PMPosted by Hellaz
Funny to see a drood QQing with all the instant IMMUNES to root/poly/hex and ur winning about your f-ing speed increase ? Reroll and check how terrible are other classes exept casters and wars, otherwise this speed boost was totally uneeded with all the charges u have as feral so GTFO and delete that thread ASAP

Sigh another unintelligent post with absolutely nothing useful to add unfortunately. First of all, we are not immune to root poly or hex. We are only immune to poly and hex if we are in animal forms and that's not just feral druids; that's all druids. If you sheep a druid in caster form, that druid has to use a trinket like everyone else. Druids are not immune to roots and we never were. Getting out of roots require shapeshifting which means spending mana. Shifting also adds a cool down so while your druid is being "immune" to roots, he's also doing absolutely nothing other than wasting mana.

Oh and while we are immune to poly and hex, we are vulnerable to fear beast and hibernate while you are not. You of all people should know being a hunter with the fear beast ability. So in reality, we gain nothing. Every class has certain abilities that make them extra slippery. Hunters for example, has one or two or three of those abilities. Our ability to that make us slippery is our speed boost which other classes already are starting to catch up on.

Rogues for example, can already stealth faster than druids. We HAVE to have the improved prowl glyph to even stealth at a tolerable speed, which means druids actually have 2 glyph slots while everyone else have 3.

What "charges" are you referring to? Are you referring to the one talent wild charge which not every druid has? Going back to the original thread which you've not read obviously, the choice for us becomes grim when we have to decide between feral swiftness and wild charge. We need that 15% speed increase in pvp gear for the extra mobility to stay ahead of the curve so we don't get CCed and kited to death. It is VERY possible to kite a druid, any classes can. We can shift out of a few roots but as I already mentioned, we are merely killing ourselves by trying to shift out of 1 root. Why shift out of every slow and roots when you simply just going to re-apply it for less mana and less time?

Before sitting there simply telling people to reroll, perhaps you should take your own advice and see how things really is before coming here and spouting some false information. Just how are you being beaten by these non existent druids anyways? I'd be lucky if I see another feral druid let alone being beaten by one.

Why would anyone want to take a feral druid into their team? What do feral (not guardian) has any thing possibly to offer that another class can't already do better.

The one thing that I can do well in BGs is able to rotate quickly. Mobility is my strength and I use it well. While everyone is still fighting at a node, I can break off combat quickly and rotate to another base that needs help to guard a flag. Why? because of my speed. My speed is not just for survival but for doing the objectives well. I've won several games simply because I was able to show up quicker while others haven't yet. That is why feral druids need our extra speed.
Edited by Khronuslight on 1/30/2013 10:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I completely agree with 90% of what you are talking about Khronus, granite u might have been playing feral for a long time just like i have(I've had this druid since classic as feral). But i noticed you have no RBG rating and not really that high of arena rating.

Which states that you don't have much experience in the RBG scene. Yes i do understand that the Thick hide is COMPLETELY useless to a feral druid, but in RBG's guardian FC's are a thing that helps out guardian FC's A LOT. I understand people do nothing but complain about feral druids mobility and, its true that we have alot of mobility but, that's our main thing, if we didn't have that we would basically be a worthless spec and i don't think anyone at all would play them even the few that do.

I see people crying about how op ferals are when they run across a good feral. But there are very few good ferals because you have to try SO hard to make feral effectivly imo. On that HAVING to take the Prowl glyph, thats wrong i havent taken the prowl glyph as feral at anytime during mop, we dont NEED it, yes it would be nice if we had that passively because it would help us so much, but we don't NEED it, the only spec that i take it in is guardian FC just because it helped me getting to the enemy flag without being caught just cause they can see me then cc me to where i cant do anything.

Also i think that the savage roar set bonus is decent, but why not just increase the base duration if you are going to do that, imo that seems more like a PvE set bonus rather than a PvP one. I hope by you starting this tread and having REALLY good points to state, that it gets us back our Set bonus.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I completely agree with 90% of what you are talking about Khronus, granite u might have been playing feral for a long time just like i have(I've had this druid since classic as feral). But i noticed you have no RBG rating and not really that high of arena rating.

Which states that you don't have much experience in the RBG scene. Yes i do understand that the Thick hide is COMPLETELY useless to a feral druid, but in RBG's guardian FC's are a thing that helps out guardian FC's A LOT. I understand people do nothing but complain about feral druids mobility and, its true that we have alot of mobility but, that's our main thing, if we didn't have that we would basically be a worthless spec and i don't think anyone at all would play them even the few that do.

I see people crying about how op ferals are when they run across a good feral. But there are very few good ferals because you have to try SO hard to make feral effectivly imo. On that HAVING to take the Prowl glyph, thats wrong i havent taken the prowl glyph as feral at anytime during mop, we dont NEED it, yes it would be nice if we had that passively because it would help us so much, but we don't NEED it, the only spec that i take it in is guardian FC just because it helped me getting to the enemy flag without being caught just cause they can see me then cc me to where i cant do anything.

Also i think that the savage roar set bonus is decent, but why not just increase the base duration if you are going to do that, imo that seems more like a PvE set bonus rather than a PvP one. I hope by you starting this tread and having REALLY good points to state, that it gets us back our Set bonus.

Thanks Díso

I tried RBG a bit in Cataclysm. It was fun for what it was but everyone wanted a tank druid and not a feral dps druid. All because of the possibility that it will be a ctf game that comes up. Even if I went into the BG as feral, people expected me to carry the flag anyways. RBG can be fun, but sitting in the base holding the flag while everyone else do the work is not my idea of fun. People hardly took feral druids. They would rather have other DPS roles which offer more sustained DPS and utility. Speed was my utility and strength. While everyone was fighting at a flag, I can travel form away to help another base that was also under attack. I can still be strong without the speed but it just gets harder and harder to stay competitive when what we can do is even special anymore. I can't think of enough things that make our druids necessary. Sure we have alot burst, but all that is for nothing. I rather be able to do sustained damage and not have to worry about one or two cds...

I think people are mainly complaining about ferals because they're being beaten by the few good ones that are still around. So like usual, the good feral druids will simply adapt to this change... but it would just be alot harder.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I think the movement speed need was targeting guardian Druids. In rbgs 200% constant speed with powershifting was pretty OP. but once you reach 5 stacks its useless and far from OP and alot of times that happens.
99% of ferals take wild charge and I don't think the average feral is too fast. I tested it and even with the boot enchant, cat form looks slowmotion. A lion is supposed to be faster than a human by a good sum.
On a side note, removing that set bonus makes glyph of the stag useless now. Why would anyone want to ride a stag if he could go faster on their mount?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Druids have NEVER face roll to victory.rogues though.

I'm going to interject here and say that for a very short time at the release of The Burning Crusade, feral druids were, in fact, faceroll to win. Our bear form damage scaled incredibly well with gear and AP, so much so that all the Feral AP on weapons caused our bear form to be nigh on unstoppable. So any reasonably geared feral cat would be an absolute monster in PvP just by going bear form and retaining all the defensive abilities of a bear. 2.0? 2.0.5? Something around there.

02/01/2013 07:01 AMPosted by Díso

Honestly I think this is only scratching the surface of our problems. By treating Savage Roar like Slice and Dice they're severely crippling Druids in PvP. I can see that they've noticed that this is a problem but they're still not doing enough to solve it. It's going to take more than just a bandaid. F-Druids are inherently doing only 77% of our balanced DPS. By having Savage Roar as a part of the rotation in PvE they create a complex priority system that limits our DPS gains from energy generation (at least, moreso than without). This is fine, and I actually enjoy the complex PvE rotation. However in PvP this doesn't work out since there's no mechanics to base your dps uptime around. In these regards Savage Roar isn't so much a piece of the puzzle to dealing damage as feral as it is just a flat 23% damage reduction we get slapped with.

As far as melee "range" bugs. Well, it's not the first time we've ever had to deal with it. Though it might be the first time that it couldn't be solved with an Arrakoa or Nogginfogger. The outlook doesn't look good. It's not especially bleak; and it's hardly enough to get me to quit. But I'm certainly not looking forward to 5.2. =/
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
Good, more nerfs to classes that need it. A class that needs speed increase back is elemental and enhance. But red headed step child classes will never have needed changes.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Feral druid speed is gone....... Aaand its back!

http://www.memecreator.org/meme/feral-druid-speed-is-gone..-aaaand-its-back/

Feral Druid PvP 2-piece bonus to 15% movement speed while outdoors for Druids in Bear Form, Cat Form, or Travel Form no longer stacks with the Druid talent Feline Swiftness.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Feral Druid PvP 2-piece bonus to 15% movement speed while outdoors for Druids in Bear Form, Cat Form, or Travel Form no longer stacks with the Druid talent Feline Swiftness.

Nice, to see blizzard give even more reason not to take Feline Swiftness.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
I guess I'm one of the few who likes Feline Swiftness. But if it won't stack with the set bonus in 5.2, there's no reason to take it :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]