The Elder Scrolls Online

90 Troll Shaman
I hope it absolutely OBLITERATES World of Warcraft. Blizzard has kept the "King" position in gaming for far too long. WoW is no longer challenging period. There no longer communities of players, now that is what I LOVED about WoW in BC and WotLK.(Started in BC). LFR ruined server pugs, (pugs weren't always successful, but they were fun for some of us.) Another thing I loved about wow was the exploration. I know there was the recent thread of removing flying mounts. I don't 100% agree with that, but Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms flying was a HORRID idea. The game is TOO FAST. Ever go to the dancing Troll village in Darkshore mountains? Oh you didn't? You didn't get to climb to invisible wall in Winterspring? You didn't get to die from that cliff jump? Oh so you didn't get rezed by the shaman with an anhk? You missed out. BUT DON'T WORRY YOU CAN FLY THERE NOW AND SEE NIGHT ELVES TAKING IT OVER. No the mystical Trolls that never stopped dancing. *dont troll me about exploits on forums blah blah blah* I don't know how to explain it to express my feelings, but ground mounts were fun. Look at the grand changes for pvp Blizzard decides to throw out. You only played for elite PVP? Sorry. I'm a Christian man, but not just Christians know that greed is evil. Yes Blizzard can't make us all happy, but when it's clear they're doing things to make the majority happy and leave the minority in the dust, that's a bit wrong. That brings up another question, how do we know that either holds that position?
01/16/2013 10:52 AMPosted by Elrith
All I see are whiny brats and morons who are angry and cranky that Blizzard disagrees with them and won't tolerate your fallacious and manipulative "arguments". You are over entitled and spoiled and seem to think Blizzard is a service industry here to serve you.
( From Elrith) I expect to see a response like this. But since we(I) are the minority wanting difference changes from the majority that makes us the "whiny brats and morons who are angry and cranky"? CRZ works as intended. To add more people in the world. But from LFR(hurt communities) to dumb expansion(Cata(hurt servers)) then to CRZ. Are they doing it on purpose? Is Blizzard killing servers on purpose? I don't even care about dailies. I've did maybe 5 dailies in MOP. Only time I seriously did dailies was wrath. Then in Cata my guild broke up so I was pretty much done with raiding. I don't even want to start the headache of raiding in MOP. I've probably missed several great topics to be "whiny brats and morons who are angry and cranky" with but that's OK. I haven't even started with my topic yet :D. But here is where I stop and say http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/

Explore it.
Understand it.
Give Blizzard a reason to change or be dethroned.

I did like to play wow. I know I could still like to play it, but not the way its going south for me. TESO is a new adventure, more freedom, and a reason to stop playing WoW.

Dun DUn DUNN.

Cody- A valued customer.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Upset about background scenery losing its importance?

Huh.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Rogue
Lets not turn ESO into another "wow killer" and over hype it so that it ruins the experience when it turns out that it isn't going to kill WoW like people have done with every other mmo that has come out in the last 8 years. It does nothing useful and I dare say it is the main reason most mmos end up not doing as well as they could because people expect perfection from day one.

Also, stop complaining about WoW. It's pointless. The majority of the players like the way WoW is. Blizzard is not going to overhaul the game to please the %5 of the players that don't like the casualness of WoW. If you don't like it being casual, which it has been for the last 4 years, go and play something isn't. It's really as simple as that.
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Warrior
Nothing will kill WOW.
WOW did not kill Everquest 1.
WOW did not kill Ultima Online.

That's not how the world works.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
What have I learned about the OP today? :D

His name is Cody.
Is probably just tired of playing the same game for so long.
He likes his games slow.
Is a christian man!
A very cliché sort.
Quick to hop onto the bandwagon before obtaining information!
Doesn't like daily quests.
Attention seeking.
Doesn't like flying mounts.
Dislikes Cross Realm Zones.
Feels to be a valued customer, but chased out of the game from the developers themselves!
Edited by Nevintsha on 1/19/2013 10:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
28 Undead Mage
01/19/2013 08:01 AMPosted by Razaka
I hope it absolutely OBLITERATES World of Warcraft.

Good luck with that.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
The MMO market isn't a zero-sum game.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Rogue

His name is Cody.
He likes his games slow.
Is a christian man!
A very cliché sort.
Attention seeking.
Feels to be a valued customer, but chased out of the game from the developers themselves!

Not sure why, but this made me giggle like a little school girl.
Reply Quote
15 Goblin Shaman
01/19/2013 02:01 PMPosted by Kassiel
The MMO market isn't a zero-sum game.

There can be only one!
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
I actually half-agree with you. I really hope Elder Scrolls Online is a smashing success. I don't necessarily hope it kills WoW, but I DO hope it manages to be popular enough to actually have a chance of competing, even if the two coexist.

Primarily, I don't want to see Bethesda/Zenimax die. They've got two amazing RPG series under their belts that have had a profound impact on modern gaming. It'd be a shame to see Blizzard cut them in two just because they started encroaching on territory that, logically, shouldn't have been undisputedly held for as long as it has.

I think your main quarrel, whether you realize it or not, is just an overall quarrel with change itself. Unfortunately, the only thing constant about life is change itself. Over the past 8 years, I'm sure that at least half (if not many more) of the people that worked on Vanilla WoW have since left Blizzard, and I'm sure that a vast majority of the people at Blizzard now, weren't there for Vanilla. With a team of devs so vastly different, the end result is also going to be vastly different. Variety is the spice of life; I guarantee you that no matter how great Vanilla was, if it was still the same Vanilla now as it was 8 years ago, WoW would be dead.

I would like to address one thing you said, however.

01/19/2013 08:01 AMPosted by Razaka
Yes Blizzard can't make us all happy, but when it's clear they're doing things to make the majority happy and leave the minority in the dust, that's a bit wrong.

As an educated guess, this was said in a "rant mode". It contradicts itself.

You are correct; it is impossible to please everyone. However, the only thing Blizzard CAN do is please the majority; this will inherently displease the minority. The alternative is the other way around: Please the minority and displease the majority. Obviously, the former option is the better one for Blizzard.

I guess the bottom line is this: If WoW is no longer fun because of some game element that most people believe is fine as-is, stop playing. On the other hand, if you believe that it would be in the community and Blizzard's best interest to change that game element, by all means, speak up!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
His name is Cody.
He likes his games slow.
Is a christian man!
A very cliché sort.
Attention seeking.

nice.

I woke up this morning feeling like I needed to type a rant. I think it went well, thanks for the responses.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
In order for a game to be successful it doesn't need to "kill wow". Just because a game doesn't beat wow into the ground doesn't mean it won't be successful.

My Fiance plays GW2, and while it didn't kill WoW, it still has a rather large player base that's still thriving. Same with Rift.

I personally will beleaving wowfor ESO, but that's only because the Elder Scrolls is in my top 3, and the lore is much more close to my heart than wow's will ever be. However I would never hope it'd kill wow, because wow is a great game but like someone said before, a little competition never hurt anyone.

We'll see where it goes, I personally think they're overhyping it. Making it out to be so much bigger than it should, if you hype something that much you will only be let down.I hope ESO is successfull and I imagine WoW will continue to be successfull when other MMOs come out.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
You say WoW has no challenge. If you play ESO the same way you do WoW, ESO wont be challenging either.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
i hope it does blizzard have a monopoly and instead of improving the game to get the maximum exponential they kept us playing it if ESO exploits bettter MMO games it will definitely beat wow and I hope it happens
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior

His name is Cody.
He likes his games slow.
Is a christian man!
A very cliché sort.
Attention seeking.

Feels that because someone who isnt him has beaten content. That makes it too easy.
Reply Quote
94 Night Elf Hunter
In order for a game to be successful it doesn't need to "kill wow". Just because a game doesn't beat wow into the ground doesn't mean it won't be successful.

My Fiance plays GW2, and while it didn't kill WoW, it still has a rather large player base that's still thriving. Same with Rift.

I personally will beleaving wowfor ESO, but that's only because the Elder Scrolls is in my top 3, and the lore is much more close to my heart than wow's will ever be. However I would never hope it'd kill wow, because wow is a great game but like someone said before, a little competition never hurt anyone.

We'll see where it goes, I personally think they're overhyping it. Making it out to be so much bigger than it should, if you hype something that much you will only be let down.I hope ESO is successfull and I imagine WoW will continue to be successfull when other MMOs come out.

Today's MMO market has adopted this Highlander mentality of "There can only be ONE!"
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I've played Skyrim, on the xbox 360.

I played DAOC, on the PC.

I don't see Elderscrolls Online, headed up by a guy from DAOC, as beating World of Warcraft. I don't see it even lasting very long.

I've been here eight years; Every mmorpg that was supposed to beat Wow is gone, or free to play (or barely existing.)

I saw the same thing in Everquest, during the six years I played that. DAOC was one of the games that was supposed to "beat" it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I still enjoy WoW. And now for the true, but over used statement: I've been playing since Vanilla. Lends some to the opinion. Distracts others from the point of the post.

However, I'll say Kybeorie your statements aren't accurate. The "WoW killers" aren't all gone or free to play. Some are like SWTOR(still have to sub to get full experience or really do much of anything) and AoC. Others like RIFT are still alive and doing decently well. They found a niche and will hold that niche until another MMO does it better.

The goal for me isn't to see WoW killed. No MMO will do that. However, people will crown the largest MMO the day WoW servers close "The WoW Killer". The goals is to push Blizzard. Competition brings out the best in most companies. But to have competition a game must stay longer on the "map" than most have. So I will probably try ESO, but unless it draws me in(more drawn to WoW lore due to my timing in the two) with its lore it'll be nothing more than a trial of the game.

EQ wasn't beaten by WoW. EQ still lives on. I won't play it anymore though...
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
I've played Skyrim, on the xbox 360.

Found the problem
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Warrior
02/05/2013 11:34 PMPosted by Kybeorie
I don't see Elderscrolls Online, headed up by a guy from DAOC, as beating World of Warcraft. I don't see it even lasting very long.

With a continuing survival time of 12 years DAOC is one of the most successful MMOs around.
Edited by Corrock on 2/6/2013 12:45 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]