Patch 5.2 Ret healing

90 Human Paladin
Okay, so they finally added in the flash of light buff into the PTR and im comparing it to live atm.

Live with Seal of Insight= 34k FoL

PTR with Seal of Insight= 58-60k

So as you see thats quite a decent increase, especially if you can manage to get 2 flash of lights back to back. I havent been able to test Selfless Healer yet but I probably can later today. =)

I cant wait to test this in Arenas and BGS!

FYI I copied this toon to PTR so its all same gear and whatnot.
Edited by Tuslaw on 1/24/2013 9:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd actually prefer a WoG buff, but that's pretty insane.

I think we'd all prefer WoG buffs.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Id like WoG to not be bugged anymore, thats all I ask for to buff WoG... the new Flash of Light sounds great :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Do you always pvp with seal of insight?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/24/2013 12:16 PMPosted by Luvok

No, I was just using it for a test, kinda make it similar to situations where your being burned and your trying to spam heals.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/24/2013 12:23 PMPosted by Tuslaw

No, I was just using it for a test, kinda make it similar to situations where your being burned and your trying to spam heals.

Maybe I'm just bad but I rarely ever switch seals for heals. With how bursty pvP is the GCD cost is just too high.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I'd like to see the numbers ran with SoT active instead. I agree with Luvok that the GCD is too costly if we're that close to dying. Would like to see your SH numbers as well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
A WoG buff would be supersweet. Keeping in mind wogs max at 3 hp, add a ret/prot talent that doubles the wog crit chance when used with 5 hp pooled. Lol, Would that be too much considering most ret have less then 15 crit? Its pretty rng.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well not for prot, momentarily forgot about Prot mastery in the heatof the moment. That could be very op for prots. Lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/24/2013 10:52 PMPosted by Covahredro
Maybe I'm just bad but I rarely ever switch seals for heals. With how bursty pvP is the GCD cost is just too high.

No its worth switch to Seal of Insight, its just when you do thats the trick, its saved me plenty of times in both arenas and NBGs using it. I do wish seals where off the GCD, they were in the beta for awhile, IDK why they change it back. Do warrior have waste a GCD to swap stances?

Hey man, you can play however you like. But to the paladins who read this, he is incorrect. It is most def not worth the switch. Don't start doing this. It's really, really, bad.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/24/2013 10:52 PMPosted by Covahredro

No its worth switch to Seal of Insight, its just when you do thats the trick, its saved me plenty of times in both arenas and NBGs using it. I do wish seals where off the GCD, they were in the beta for awhile, IDK why they change it back. Do warrior have waste a GCD to swap stances?

The 5% extra healing is not worth the gcd cost.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Switching to a healing seal takes once GCD and then another to switch back to SoT. So much damage is from SoT that it doesn't seem to make sense except in rare circumstances.

The devs don't like taking things off of GCD because they just get macro'd. It'd be easy to macro all heals with SoI and all DPS moves with SoT.

I agree that seals are pretty worthless because a switch is rarely ever needed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Switching to a healing seal takes once GCD and then another to switch back to SoT. So much damage is from SoT that it doesn't seem to make sense except in rare circumstances.

The devs don't like taking things off of GCD because they just get macro'd. It'd be easy to macro all heals with SoI and all DPS moves with SoT.

I agree that seals are pretty worthless because a switch is rarely ever needed.

I usually switch when I'm running away and not getting a chance into melee while I'm being the target. I find it worthwhile.

Especially if you swap when most things are on CD.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]