5.2 Priest's new passive skill (The Bench)?

90 Worgen Priest
Well after reading through quite a bit of the stuff changing in 5.2 I think blizzard might possibly adding "The Bench" passive buff for us for this patch with some of the changes/nerf's I am wondering if priest will still be viable. Also still curious if they will fix shadow apparitions now that there is a whole tier set based on them other wise its worthless. Sorta love the DP and Halo nerf all for pure pvp balance. Thanks Blizzard been loving your priest patches since vanilla! Discuss.
Edited by Wolfiè on 1/24/2013 3:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Stupid thread is stupid.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
DP is going to do the same amount of damage in PvE, in PvP it might not considering dispels. Blizzard felt shadow burst and healing was a little too high in PvP so the heals are being nerfed, again no really going to affect PvE in most circumstances. Halo is not getting any damage nerfs it's only going to not be a stealth break, again not a PvE nerf. Are shadowy apparitions being looked at, yes, it was stated so several times, and the upper limit on apparitions will also see a substantial increase. The only change I see as pointless is the change to Body and Soul and Angelic Feather. Personally, as someone who moves with the mouse I can't use this spell effectively because I can't aim it at my character while moving out of something whereas I can cast PW:S on myself while moving. I'm not going to change my whole playstyle just for one lousy utility spell so I'm just f@#$ed, I guess.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
01/25/2013 03:23 AMPosted by Taheraliel
DP is going to do the same amount of damage in PvE, in PvP it might not considering dispels. Blizzard felt shadow burst and healing was a little too high in PvP so the heals are being nerfed, again no really going to affect PvE in most circumstances. Halo is not getting any damage nerfs it's only going to not be a stealth break, again not a PvE nerf. Are shadowy apparitions being looked at, yes, it was stated so several times, and the upper limit on apparitions will also see a substantial increase. The only change I see as pointless is the change to Body and Soul and Angelic Feather. Personally, as someone who moves with the mouse I can't use this spell effectively because I can't aim it at my character while moving out of something whereas I can cast PW:S on myself while moving. I'm not going to change my whole playstyle just for one lousy utility spell so I'm just f@#$ed, I guess.

flawless post is flawless
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I'd like to see spriest buffed for PvE. I know there's some stuff in the works with PW:I and MF, but they look like bandaids to me.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
taking away phantasm's target drop is just going too far... Spriest burst is not too high.. my god i walk in my roommates room and see his frost DK go 11-0 in WSG in 2-3 minutes hitting people consistently for over 100k. Spriest have no mobility... how do they expect you to do dmg with a warrior,dk,hunter,rogue(patch) on you. Show me how you cast Mindblast and VT and how it makes little to no impact when a melee class is hitting you for 50k a swipe while being interupted. We don't heal as good as these other classes do.. for example Warrior,Lock,DK,Druid self healing, Monk absorb its out of control..My flash heal without MS crits for 70k, heals for 30-40k, renew ticks for 7k.. this is outside of arena without MS.. and when do you get a chance to blow all your mana and spam flash heal.. when the other team is cc'ed and your behind a pillar...???? VE is crap on too long of a cooldown.. The dots don't tick for nearly enough to pose a threat against other classes.. mainly Hunter,Warrior,Mage,DK....... Dispersion locked out for spriest now whenever shadow is locked.. Mindspike gets you locked out of shadow if your using it. FIX THE PRIEST CLASS ITS NOT HARD.... they seriously cant be playing a priest and playing the other classes.. they cant.

all in all... Devouring plague and shadow word pain should both exert DMG on contact.. VT needs to be harsher to dispel such as 25% passive shadow dot dmg increase for x sec's.. Phantasms target drop was the only way I could compete with certain classes like MAGE... Mindblast is on too long of a cool down.......... why does it cost shadow orbs to use devouring plague and our weak disarm when the only way we can get shadow orbs is via an attack we can only use (SWD) when their below 25%hp or mindblast on a 8 sec cd...

and no one can dispute this.. I dare anyone to log on a well geared spriest... go against well geared competent players of the classes Warrior, Frost DK, Hunter, Lock, Mage, Feral, Rogue come patch and see how that goes for you.. see how difficult it is for you to apply dmg while they rip through you and when you try and heal it fails.. Than see how hard it is to kill them through their DMG,CC and self healing... rediclous.... Its like blizzard cant figure out how to boil the water even though they have fire.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
priests are getting nerf a lot for pvp. disc is already mediocre and shadow will become mediocre.

as far as pve goes....priests are nowhere near about to get benched considering shadow is a middle of the line dps now and everyone around is getting pve nerfs but us, so shadow can only go up. disc is way too strong atm and theyre getting a slight nerf to how they would use spirit shell, which will make them even with like shamans and monks now. we may even see more holy priests in raids now.

in any case....pve priests are in no danger of getting benched lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
01/25/2013 05:43 AMPosted by Zethrax

Except that it's not flawless. Shadow healing is not getting nerfed, but rebalanced.

"Flash Heal and Binding Heal will heal for 30% less when cast by Shadow Priests."

"Balance, Feral, Windwalker, Retribution, Shadow, Enhancement and Elemental now gain 25% of the bonus healing provided by PvP Power, up from 0"

So the flash heal/binding heal is more of a balance to the pvp bonus heal of those two. In the end, our renew/PoM are getting a pvp buff. Of course this all depends on your current PvP Power, but you see the point.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
What !@#$ing burst? When did we get a burst CD? It'd be okay if DP was changed and we finally got a burst CD. It's bad enough my burst consists of pretty much dots and a 60k initial DP followed by a few 10k dot hits from DP.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/02/2013 03:09 PMPosted by Catnîp

Except that it's not flawless. Shadow healing is not getting nerfed, but rebalanced.

"Flash Heal and Binding Heal will heal for 30% less when cast by Shadow Priests."

"Balance, Feral, Windwalker, Retribution, Shadow, Enhancement and Elemental now gain 25% of the bonus healing provided by PvP Power, up from 0"

So the flash heal/binding heal is more of a balance to the pvp bonus heal of those two. In the end, our renew/PoM are getting a pvp buff. Of course this all depends on your current PvP Power, but you see the point.

You haven't done the math here. Lets say I have 60% PVP power, which means that it's a 15% healing increase under the 5.2 change. Flash went down by 30%, then up by 15% leaving it at about 80% (70% * 115%) of it was before. Ie yes, this is a ~20% nerf.

And no, it's not a buff to renew/pom etc, those are getting nerfed too. That change isn't in this PTR build though so no numbers yet.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

You haven't done the math here. Lets say I have 60% PVP power, which means that it's a 15% healing increase under the 5.2 change. Flash went down by 30%, then up by 15% leaving it at about 80% (70% * 115%) of it was before. Ie yes, this is a ~20% nerf.

And no, it's not a buff to renew/pom etc, those are getting nerfed too. That change isn't in this PTR build though so no numbers yet.

I did do the math. 80% of flash/binding versus 125% renew/PoM. Referring to an OVERALL nerf versus balanced healing... it is not a "All shadow healing" nerf, but IS a rebalancing. If what you say about the renew/pom nerfs (that are not on the PTR and that is not in the patch notes) are true then I could be wrong. But yes I did the math, you just misinterpreted or as you said based your info on a change that isn't on the PTR nor notes yet. Which would lead me to ask, for personal knowledge, where does that info come from?
Edited by Catnîp on 2/2/2013 3:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

I did do the math. 80% of flash/binding versus 125% renew/PoM. Referring to an OVERALL nerf versus balanced healing... it is not a "All shadow healing" nerf, but IS a rebalancing. If what you say about the renew/pom nerfs (that are not on the PTR and that is not in the patch notes) are true then I could be wrong. But yes I did the math, you just misinterpreted or as you said based your info on a change that isn't on the PTR nor notes yet. Which would lead me to ask, for personal knowledge, where does that info come from?

Where are you pulling 25% more on PoM/renew from? Hybrids get 25% of THEIR PVP POWER, not a flat 25% boost. For it to be an actual 25% increase in healing you'd need to have 100% pvp power which needless to say, you won't. At very high but possible levels, it'll be about 15%. With more realistic gearing decisions, about 12.5% or so.

As for the source? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7593740975?page=68#1345

- We are expanding the Shadow healing nerf to most of the priest healing toolkit. This means Holy and Discipline will have a passive that increases all of their healing by 25% as do most other healing classes. Holy and Discipline should see no change as a result, but Shadow's heals will be weaker. Remember that this will be partially offset relative to 5.1 because Shadow does get some healing benefit from PvP Power. (This note replaces earlier notes about Flash Heal and Binding Heal being nerfed for Shadow).

If they stick to 25% here, intend to exactly counterbalance this for holy/disc and revert the FH change, it'll be a 20% flat reduction, which will mean this is about an 8-10% healing nerf to basically every healing spell shadow has. That's speculation though as it's not on the PTR yet.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

Um... yeah. Not saying you didn't do 'math', but it's safe to say you didn't do good math.

You need to reread how that extra 25% your tacking onto everything is actually working. I mean, you've been told twice in this thread alone, so I'm not going to repeat it, but you really should take a step back, breathe, and reread; Before you post again.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Where are you pulling 25% more on PoM/renew from? Hybrids get 25% of THEIR PVP POWER, not a flat 25% boost. For it to be an actual 25% increase in healing you'd need to have 100% pvp power which needless to say, you won't. At very high but possible levels, it'll be about 15%. With more realistic gearing decisions, about 12.5% or so.

As for the source? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7593740975?page=68#1345

- We are expanding the Shadow healing nerf to most of the priest healing toolkit. This means Holy and Discipline will have a passive that increases all of their healing by 25% as do most other healing classes. Holy and Discipline should see no change as a result, but Shadow's heals will be weaker. Remember that this will be partially offset relative to 5.1 because Shadow does get some healing benefit from PvP Power. (This note replaces earlier notes about Flash Heal and Binding Heal being nerfed for Shadow).

If they stick to 25% here, intend to exactly counterbalance this for holy/disc and revert the FH change, it'll be a 20% flat reduction, which will mean this is about an 8-10% healing nerf to basically every healing spell shadow has. That's speculation though as it's not on the PTR yet.

I'm guessing you didn't even read my whole post. I specifically said 25% of their pvp power., I cut&paste quoted it from the blizz link. And since the guy I first quoted said "Blizzard felt shadow burst and healing was a little too high in PvP so the heals are being nerfed" I'm obviously only referring to a pvp situation, not a blanket 25%. Didn't think I had to clarify that much. But since I do, when I say/said 125% that meant 100% base +25% of pvp power, which is variable per character. It could be 100% [0 geared] to 125% [someone with up to +100% pvp power]. and you can get 60% pvp power [you're equivilent 15%] at mid, not very high, gear levels without procs.

Um... yeah. Not saying you didn't do 'math', but it's safe to say you didn't do good math.

You need to reread how that extra 25% your tacking onto everything is actually working. I mean, you've been told twice in this thread alone, so I'm not going to repeat it, but you really should take a step back, breathe, and reread; Before you post again.

You should prolly reread yourself. I'm not tacking on 25% to everything. It's +25% of your pvp power towards healing. Just like Nathy, I quoted it from the blizz page. I would assume if you read my post then everything after that quote is referencing only that pvp power. I also said it would depend on the individuals pvp power, so there's no "Good math" to it. It's estimation, with no equation. Not sure why you're getting emotional with the step back n breathe. Perhaps you should not take it so serious hardcore zomg?

In the future I'll remember to spell everything out letter by letter. Didn't realize the priests forums were so anal in their understanding.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Oh and thanks for the link! Makes the whole thing moot anyways. Appreciated!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm just mad about the Mind spike glyph nerf. So stupid and makes it pretty much useless now
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I really dont see the point of using the glyph at all since the nerf. I dont pvp but do Shadow priests really use mind spike that much in pvp even when it removes the dots?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Glyphs are not supposed to be strict DPS/HPS increases anymore, pretty much. The few that are will be worked out eventually. Also the math in another thread demonstrated that the glyph change was an 0.78% DPS loss, or in other words something you will never notice outside of a spreadsheet.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/02/2013 06:57 PMPosted by Mahourai
Glyphs are not supposed to be strict DPS/HPS increases anymore, pretty much. The few that are will be worked out eventually. Also the math in another thread demonstrated that the glyph change was an 0.78% DPS loss, or in other words something you will never notice outside of a spreadsheet.

Except PvP wise it was nice boost to our non-existent "on the move" dmg. Now, we are back to spamming SW:P when we need to move.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

You should prolly reread yourself. I'm not tacking on 25% to everything. It's +25% of your pvp power towards healing. Just like Nathy, I quoted it from the blizz page. I would assume if you read my post then everything after that quote is referencing only that pvp power. I also said it would depend on the individuals pvp power, so there's no "Good math" to it. It's estimation, with no equation. Not sure why you're getting emotional with the step back n breathe. Perhaps you should not take it so serious hardcore zomg?

In the future I'll remember to spell everything out letter by letter. Didn't realize the priests forums were so anal in their understanding.

You said 125% Renew/PoM.

The people rest.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]