5.2 Priest's new passive skill (The Bench)?

I'll just say, Phantasm is now pretty much a useless talent for my gnome now.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
02/03/2013 10:46 AMPosted by Barthom
PoH, CoH, PoM, and Cascade (for me personally), don't forget divine inspiration for back to back PoMs, we simply have an amount of aoe heals that other classes drool over.

Divine Hymn, Holy Word: Sanctuary, Chakra: Sanctuary.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
01/24/2013 04:00 PMPosted by Staan
Stupid thread is stupid.

Yes, let's presuppose and what-if and make up all kinds of useless rumors and crap and scare people into a screaming frothing frenzy.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/02/2013 06:57 PMPosted by Mahourai
Glyphs are not supposed to be strict DPS/HPS increases anymore, pretty much. The few that are will be worked out eventually. Also the math in another thread demonstrated that the glyph change was an 0.78% DPS loss, or in other words something you will never notice outside of a spreadsheet.

That is understandable, but taking away the glyph of mind spike is kinda bad for pve. Spriests are pretty weak in the mobility department compared to most classes. I'd like to see more mobility for priests, at least in pve. What good is the arsenal of CC in pve during a boss fight? It is rarely used.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Where are you pulling 25% more on PoM/renew from? Hybrids get 25% of THEIR PVP POWER, not a flat 25% boost. For it to be an actual 25% increase in healing you'd need to have 100% pvp power which needless to say, you won't. At very high but possible levels, it'll be about 15%. With more realistic gearing decisions, about 12.5% or so.

As for the source? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7593740975?page=68#1345

- We are expanding the Shadow healing nerf to most of the priest healing toolkit. This means Holy and Discipline will have a passive that increases all of their healing by 25% as do most other healing classes. Holy and Discipline should see no change as a result, but Shadow's heals will be weaker. Remember that this will be partially offset relative to 5.1 because Shadow does get some healing benefit from PvP Power. (This note replaces earlier notes about Flash Heal and Binding Heal being nerfed for Shadow).

If they stick to 25% here, intend to exactly counterbalance this for holy/disc and revert the FH change, it'll be a 20% flat reduction, which will mean this is about an 8-10% healing nerf to basically every healing spell shadow has. That's speculation though as it's not on the PTR yet.

I'm guessing you didn't even read my whole post. I specifically said 25% of their pvp power., I cut&paste quoted it from the blizz link. And since the guy I first quoted said "Blizzard felt shadow burst and healing was a little too high in PvP so the heals are being nerfed" I'm obviously only referring to a pvp situation, not a blanket 25%. Didn't think I had to clarify that much. But since I do, when I say/said 125% that meant 100% base +25% of pvp power, which is variable per character. It could be 100% [0 geared] to 125% [someone with up to +100% pvp power]. and you can get 60% pvp power [you're equivilent 15%] at mid, not very high, gear levels without procs.

Yeah I read your post, but what you meant and what you said are two different things, particularly in the context you've used it. Ie comparing 125% PoM, which apparently means pom gets 25% of pvp power to 80% flash, which was flash does ~80% of the healing it does now next patch - surely you can see that's not exactly clear if that's indeed what you meant?

As for 60% pvp power - you wont get close without gemming it, and that's not a good idea for most classes, particularly for shadow priests. With normal gemming you're at about 50% with everything 2/2 upgraded, a bit more if human. There's no way anyone has anywhere near 100% pvp power, even with the silly world pvp only trinket.
Edited by Nathyria on 2/5/2013 12:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Vex
01/25/2013 03:23 AMPosted by Taheraliel
The only change I see as pointless is the change to Body and Soul and Angelic Feather.

People like B&S more than Angelic Feather and for some very obscure reason, if talents are not used 33/33/33, Blizzard feels the need to mess with them. Buffing AF wouldn't be enough to get people to use it so they decided they also had to get people to like B&S less by nerfing it after being a 4s speed buff for so many years.

I've been using B&S since the days of Ulduar and like you, having to stop moving to drop a feather in front of me or the person I want to speed up is a no-no. They could buff AF to 10s and nerf B&S to 2s and I'd still use B&S.

Just another pointless nerf.

Edit: AF, not AS.
Edited by Loreena on 2/5/2013 8:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
People like B&S more than Angelic Feather and for some very obscure reason, if talents are not used 33/33/33, Blizzard feels the need to mess with them. Buffing AS wouldn't be enough to get people to use it so they decided they also had to get people to like B&S less by nerfing it after being a 4s speed buff for so many years.

I've been using B&S since the days of Ulduar and like you, having to stop moving to drop a feather in front of me or the person I want to speed up is a no-no. They could buff AS to 10s and nerf B&S to 2s and I'd still use B&S.

Just another pointless nerf.

^ Agreed. Sometimes I wonder if the dev's have ever tried playing a spriest...Spriest mobile dps is complete garbage and breaking glyph of mind spike only adds to this problem. Our burst is also well below other classes, so "fixing" devouring plague by removing it's fantastic burst capability also seems to fall well short of fixing our issues. Mind Flay has always been the lowest spell on our priority list, I don't know why they'd attempt to sway us into using it more with SW:I but that's their choice and I respect it.

Even with SW:I I don't see Mind Flay moving up on the priority list. Since you have to have all your dots on a target for SW:I to work, MB to gather orbs for DP and redotting will still be a higher priority. All this does is make you apprehensive to use your DP when you gather your 3 orbs because "oh what if the boss moves and my 6 seconds of uber MF goes to waste?" So basically you refrain from using your DP when it's up in favor of saving it for that 6 seconds of channeling mind flay time. Having a dot class that refrains from constantly dotting seems redundant to me...

I feel like shadowy apparitions needs the most attention and a buff not only to AI, but also to movement speed/pathing. I'm excited that in 5.2 my shadowy apparitions will no longer randomly "get lost" on their slow journey to the boss but the fact that they were doing this in the first place is just shameful. I feel like they should just change the shadowy apparitions from a slow moving shadow clone of the player to a fast moving shadow bolt so that way if one procs on a trash pull it very quickly deals its damage instead of slowly wandering back to me because the trash mob died too quickly.

If they keep the SA's as is with movement speed, I feel like they're basically trying to make us a mele class, because we'll have to sit on the boss for our SA's to have a chance of dealing damage. With the movement involved with a lot of boss fights, there are frequent occasions where SA's just never make it to the boss before they despawn (grand vizier platform change?). I really hope they do more than just make the SA's "smarter" especially since both of our tier 15 bonuses revolve around them....

EDIT: spelling :(
Edited by Treiz on 2/5/2013 8:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
-snip- Spriest have no mobility... how do they expect you to do dmg with a warrior,dk,hunter,rogue(patch) on you. Show me how you cast Mindblast and VT and how it makes little to no impact when a melee class is hitting you for 50k a swipe while being interupted. - snip -

Ever consider using stop casting macros to force a pummel/kick before the MB?
Its quite an easy thing to accomplish using Mind Spike or something similar.
Start casting it and immediately stop casting 2-3 times, They waste their interrupt
and you apply dots.

SPriests are strong in PvP if the player has a bit of skill and smarts.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/06/2013 06:06 AMPosted by Gvn
-snip- Spriest have no mobility... how do they expect you to do dmg with a warrior,dk,hunter,rogue(patch) on you. Show me how you cast Mindblast and VT and how it makes little to no impact when a melee class is hitting you for 50k a swipe while being interupted. - snip -

Ever consider using stop casting macros to force a pummel/kick before the MB?
Its quite an easy thing to accomplish using Mind Spike or something similar.
Start casting it and immediately stop casting 2-3 times, They waste their interrupt
and you apply dots.

SPriests are strong in PvP if the player has a bit of skill and smarts.

Having played an S.Priest for a little while now, I'm now never losing to S.Priests on my Feral. I just save Skull Bash, Bash, or Incarnation:Stealth for VT casts. After dozens of matches I found that VT/FDCL accounted for 40% of my damage.

And I love it when people stop/cast spam. They almost always clip it at like 10-25% cast. But once they hit 50%, I know it's either for real, or I'm likely to clip the cast from lag anyway.

Also, using Mindspike to stopcast is a terrible suggestion. It has the same cast time as Mind Blast, without any DoT removal, double the damage, and builds orbs; Plus because it's shadowfrost, even if you do get shadow-locked, you still have access to M.Spike, but if you got shadowfrost-locked, you wouldn't.

If I saw a S.Priest trying to juke me with a spike I'm likely to just let him remove his DoTs for me.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
sounds like stopping a blast at 25% into a spike would fool most people.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/02/2013 03:15 PMPosted by Fadinglîght
What !@#$ing burst? When did we get a burst CD? It'd be okay if DP was changed and we finally got a burst CD. It's bad enough my burst consists of pretty much dots and a 60k initial DP followed by a few 10k dot hits from DP.

As far as i know spriest are the only class without a burst cd.
Unless you count you're shadowfiend as a burst cooldown. gg
That is all.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Tainted, stop bumping old threads.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/20/2013 04:56 PMPosted by Woadens
Tainted, stop bumping old threads.

I bump what i want.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]