HPlay or Shaman - most FUN healer?

86 Orc Shaman
What do you find fun about playing your shaman healer or paladin healer? What has the more fluid mechanics, playstyle, etc, that makes you really love that spec?

Really torn between my healer choice, I have 85 paladin and 84.99% shaman. ANy input to help me decide is great.

For what it's worth, this would be my alt and 10 man raiding is the size of raid we roll.
Reply Quote
I played a HPally in Wrath and switched to Priest then RShaman in Cata due to the changes to paladins. I liked the Shaman style of healing. They have a little bit of everything and it's a simple uncomplicated healing style. No gimmicks (i.e. Holy Power, Chakra dancing) which felt smoother to me. I'd suggest q'ing up as heals on both and see which play style suits you. :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
You're really wanting to compare apples to apples here, the heal style and basic tools are the same. You just need to pick wether you like the awesome totems and mana issues or all the shiny crap paladins get and staying power with all the free heals. I chose totems, but I do have my pally alt for when i want to shoot light at people.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well, I love H Pally healing, but I do more PvP than I raid, but I did some normal 10 mans in Cata and I enjoyed raid healing too. So I'm biased to a point but I've always loved Pally healing, just so powerful. But smooth... not as smooth as a resto druid or shaman. To me a druid is really fluid and smooth with the HoT's and such (also have an 86 R druid, 86 R shaman, and 86 Mistweaver Monk so I have a lot of healers).

But shamans are really smooth and to me they combine aspects of Pally and druid healing, but I'll always think of my shaman as an off-brand pally healer, but I still love their healing!

Just play whichever you like more, you got them both up to 85, you should know which one fits your style more. Or be like me and play them all :D
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Both are the most fun in 10 man scenarios, really can't decide which one I like more. Holy paladins are really fun to play with the holy power and divine light, while resto shams are a lot of fun with the riptide/greater healing wave rotation. In 25's they're both probably near the most boring classes, but in 10's they're both great.

I'd go with shaman because chain heal and healing rain can be fun to play with too, but that's just me
Reply Quote
86 Orc Shaman
Thanks for some input. I've queued a little bit at 85 as paladin and the instances are so easy to heal at that point that I pretty much just go with Holy shock. Then we hit a couple bosses that pushed me a bit, and I was like, okay, not bad.

I have to get my ilvl up a bit more on the shaman to try him out.

In terms of which I like best myself, I leveled them both so dang long ago and there have been so many mechanic changes since I last healed on Paladin, that it's hard to say. I think I healed in Wrath on the shaman and in BC for PvP for the paladin.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I think the shammy is a little more fun than paladin, but at the same time, paladins are badass.

There is definitely more to do on a R Shammy though. Turning into a big elemental super soaker, throwing totems, and making people go berserk is awesome.

Just depends on what you wanna do. Since it's an alt, I would go with the choice that's fun for you>all.
Reply Quote
15 Human Mage
If you find you like things about both make your decision based on what transmog sets look better instead. It's always more fun when you have a better mog set. For example, my monk has moose antlers.

I would also forget about your BC paladin experience. BC pally healing isn't remotely similar to what paladins are like now. You spammed one spell for the most part in BC. I do kind of miss the old BC version of blessing (hand) of sacrifice sometimes (in PvP at least)... It was very useful against cc. The newer one is too... but you can't have it up all the time.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Play the one you enjoy the most in my opinion. I've never played a Holy pally so i can't comment on them, but i've been addicted to shamans for a while now, fire hose healing, elementals to cause havoc, throwing lightning and lava, totems to drop, and taking wolf form made it for me.

you also might want to think about OS as well, some raid guilds expect you to have a good DPS spec/gear as well, which of the two classes OS do you enjoy to play as well?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I have more fun with my shaman but my Paladin is quite a blast as well, I just don't like the reduced mobility that I feel like I'm missing from my Shaman.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]