Any love for Archaeology this 5.2?

100 Blood Elf Priest
Time consuming or not, I do love discovering stuffs through archaeology. Are you guys planning on adding any goodies for this upcoming patch? <3
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I doubt it. They updated it once in Cata and it was a new feature then.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Haven't heard any news for 5.2 but maybe in 5.3 they'll add one or two new gears
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
There's an Archaeology Gun Icon that was added on the PTR recently.

Don't know if it will make 5.2, but it's mantid-style, probably because there was no mantid-based BoA weapon for hunters. xD

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2013/january/INV_Firearm_2H_Rifle_Archaeology_D_01_1.png

Notice the icon name.

http://i.imgur.com/PPvfZ.jpg

Clearly mantid-themed gun.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Honestly felt archaeology got the short end of the stick this expansion :( I was really expecting a handful of new things to discover, LoL... Ah well. Heres hoping for better news! :D
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
But that gets overshadowed with the treasures scattered all over Pandaria... The BoA gears....
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Don't know if it will make 5.2, but it's mantid-style, probably because there was no mantid-based BoA weapon for hunters. xD

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2013/january/INV_Firearm_2H_Rifle_Archaeology_D_01_1.png

Notice the icon name.

Oo, that's sexy. It might even inspire me to do something with my poor, neglected Orc hunter.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest

Notice the icon name.

Oo, that's sexy. It might even inspire me to do something with my poor, neglected Orc hunter.

Or, or.... Another archaeology pet ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
01/21/2013 12:00 AMPosted by Christus
Honestly felt archaeology got the short end of the stick this expansion :( I was really expecting a handful of new things to discover, LoL... Ah well. Heres hoping for better news! :D

You know that warp stone you can get? I thought it would be for any arch dig site.

It would have been very, very useful for old world arch. :(
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/21/2013 12:20 AMPosted by Christus
Or, or.... Another archaeology pet ^_^

>.>

<.<

My dear Blood Elf, I never turn down a chance for an Arch pet. I think I have all the current ones, actually.

01/21/2013 12:02 AMPosted by Reznov
Really? They came out with a few awesome weapons in arch, such as the Spear of Xeun (my weapon), the umbrella off-hand, and I wanna say staff or shield for some reason too.

The spear and umbrella are nice... and will useless by the end of the xpac. Pretty much like those lovely purples from the beginning of Cata.

Not that it's stopping me from looking for them. Although it looks like I might be grinding out arch on this toon too.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'd like a strength polearm that uses that Mogu polearm model.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/21/2013 12:22 AMPosted by Killercaitie

You know that warp stone you can get? I thought it would be for any arch dig site.

It would have been very, very useful for old world arch. :(

Come on, we all know how much you love all those nightgowns the hippies keep leaving all over the place.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
01/21/2013 12:24 AMPosted by Chegoatvera
Come on, we all know how much you love all those nightgowns the hippies keep leaving all over the place.

I would if I could actually wear them dammit!

Same goes for the Orcish whip.

I'd Indiana Jones all around the dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/21/2013 12:39 AMPosted by Killercaitie

I would if I could actually wear them dammit!

Same goes for the Orcish whip.

I'd Indiana Jones all around the dailies.

You'll scar the children for life.

So let's hope they become moggable at some point. >.>
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
01/21/2013 12:41 AMPosted by Chegoatvera
You'll scar the children for life.

Do... do I not scar them for life as I currently am?

01/21/2013 12:41 AMPosted by Chegoatvera
So let's hope they become moggable at some point. >.>

Equippable first... I'm waiting on my mask to be transmoggable still after all. :[
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/21/2013 12:47 AMPosted by Killercaitie
Do... do I not scar them for life as I currently am?

Eh, needs more spikes to be scarier. Kids are jaded these days.

01/21/2013 12:47 AMPosted by Killercaitie
Equippable first... I'm waiting on my mask to be transmoggable still after all. :[

Point taken. There are still white and grey items I want to mog >.>
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I think Archaeology needs an intellectual overhaul. It's just too brainless and random. There needs to be some thought required. I like the Lorewalkers and the Seat of knowledge stuff.
Edited by Grapthar on 1/21/2013 4:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/21/2013 12:00 AMPosted by Christus

Are you kidding? Arch got amazing things in MoP! Just ask my druid about his shiny new spear!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I've always thought Blizz would actually put some effort into Archaeology at some point. Particularly after 4.3 released transmog, I was sure they'd get the bright idea to use Archaeology as a way to resurrect old art for transmoggers by having us run around digging for BoA items that look cool but aren't in the game anymore.

There's certainly enough of those out there, that there's a real opportunity to make that stuff available. It would be easy enough to stat the stuff like they did with Queen Azshara's Dressing Gown so that it's useful for a few levels while grinding up an alt and don't have heirlooms.

Right now, there are so few items within the database for archaeology and they're almost universally flavor items so it's a bit disheartening. I suspect their hesitation is that they don't want people just filling their bags with the stuff and complaining about no bag space.

A tab similar to the pet and mount tabs might be an idea to address this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]