Low population servers - CG answers questions

90 Human Death Knight
Blame goes everywhere.

"This is the best battlegroup to pvp in"
"This is the best pve pvp server"
"I have alts that'll cost $150 dollars to move"

Get a 2nd job slacker!
100 Night Elf Hunter
the name excuse is a pathetic cop out. first of all, its a weak argument. that's the biggest hurdle? actually it's the only one theyve ever mentioned. so there is one blockade

to make it fair is simple. tack on " - oldservername" to the toons, just like what we see in battlegrounds.

there is no legitimate reason they dont do this other than they like $25 * 1000s of players, and they want to save face.

problem is they are so smug they will save face at the cost of customers. i am one who theyve lost. i know i wont be missed, but add me up to many others and we will.
90 Human Death Knight
Blame goes everywhere.

"This is the best battlegroup to pvp in"
"This is the best pve pvp server"
"I have alts that'll cost $150 dollars to move"

Get a 2nd job slacker!

I don't think you read anything in this thread.

Your post doesn't even make sense.
I don't think you understand why people stay on the server they pick.
90 Draenei Death Knight

I don't think you read anything in this thread.

Your post doesn't even make sense.
I don't think you understand why people stay on the server they pick.

The people I talk to is cause they don't want to give up their hard work nor can they afford to move all their toons.
100 Pandaren Monk
Liliana you say the name thing is not a big deal so let's use an example shall we ?

Going to use your name as it is a popular name and this could (and probably will maybe not with your name or you but due to the number of people that play this game it probably will) happen.

Liliana is well liked on her low population server. Everyone loves her and knows her and knows that she is there to help everyone anytime. Need a hunter for something everyone on the low population server will point you at this BE.

Liliana (on another server) is (for lack of a better word) a complete troll. Everyone hates her and considers her the BE hunter that everyone should always avoid. She is on everyone's ignore list due to the obscenities she throws out and the fact that she is just plain mean and she loves the bad rep.

Both of those servers get merged and the first Liliana gets to keep the name and the second one is forced to change their name.

First thing the new arrival does is say 'hi' in chat to check out how her new realm is and she is instantly hit with 'WTF ??? I thought I had that <insert bad word here> on ignore, there fixed' and is shunned by the whole horde population of the server she was merged to. Not due to any fault of her own but just because of her name.

Our names are our reputations on our servers. Losing them and having someone else have them can tarnish that reputation forever. Nobody will ever know you are the nice one if they for 8 years have been used to the mean one.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]