Wait for me please.

90 Undead Priest
Why do people fill the need to rush in LFG? Tanks just running mob to mob by themselves, not even DPS are around them either. DPS pulling mobs. I want to setup and heal, not be put at a disadvantage. Regain some mana. I even stopped looting just to stay up. I will leave, but I don't have all the time in the world to be sitting around waiting for my cooldown on LFG.

The instance will be completed with a better success rate, if you just SLOW DOWN.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
people want to rush because leveling is boring, so they want to be as efficient as possible.

try keeping up, i get upset when healers can't keep up with me.

also define 'setup' as in 'i want to setup and heal' :\
Edited by Noxnzee on 1/24/2013 3:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
01/24/2013 03:43 AMPosted by Noxnzee
also define 'setup' as in 'i want to setup and heal' :\

I like to setup my lightsprings, holy word: sanctuary before a boss fight. But I am not even near and they are running right at the boss. Sometimes I get locked out before I even get in there. I'm not a bad healer and dont go OOM the majority of the time.

I don't mind failing if its my fault, or we are uncoordinated. But just wait a little. People even leave after the first boss because they didnt get the gear they wanted?
Reply Quote
Get faster.

I dont want to be harsh but there's really no reason why you can't keep up and can't cast lightspring, sanc, whatever right after the fight begins.

Get a run speed enchant for your boots or switch to Inner Will, remember to use your body and soul bubbles talent to speed boost yourself. Keeping up with tanks is very easy.

Also don't forget to use your mana return abilities VERY frequently. You can switch to mindbender, you can even macro it in with a frequently used spell if you really can't keep track of hitting it and don't forget to hymn of hope early. At 86 you shouldn't need to stop EVER unless you have a very ver VERY squishy group.

A tank that doesn't keep their pace up is liable to get dps pulling for them and that's much worse to heal through than a zippy tank. Plus 86 dungeons are primarily round-up-aoe fests so they don't really have much reason to stop.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I guess you guys are right, if everyone is in such a rush then I will start pulling. Everyone being in a grind fest. What difference does it make as long as we complete it as fast as possible. Since it is my job to keep to group alive, as long as I do that, no worries.

If i fail then I will just leave before I die.

Just changing the pace and making everyone keep up with me.

Thanks for the help.
Reply Quote
You know what - ignore those that responded to you. Honestly, bad advice is bad advice and you also look like a newer player. Of course, in the World of Grindcraft that hardly matters anymore.

As someone who has tanked for a long time I can tell you that quick, concise, small pulls go a hell of a lot faster then this nonsense I see tanks doing at times of pulling huge amounts and hoping I can keep them up. Sure, if they're raid geared I pretty much consider them on their own and keep the group up. But at level players in at level gear? Yeah...no It's rare for me to lose someone or have a wipe but it's been close at times and I don't think tanks realize anymore how much it can take to keep them up when they are barely geared to be there.

I can tell you that when I tank and the healer needs mana I'm by the healer. If you're running ahead of us - you're wrong. If you pull something - good luck with that. I honestly have developed a thick skin (at least enough of one) where I don't let my healers feel terrified.

As a healer I don't mind fast tanks at all as long as they watch my mana and are actually able to tank. If I need mana (as in I'm OOM and my stuff is on CD) and they run ahead, I sit and drink and then run to them.

I would recommend growing a thick skin. Really, most of my groups are fine but it helps with the ones that mouth off. If you need a minute at the start say it (in fact I would make a macro you can just hit so it tells people without you having to type) and get stuff situated real fast. A minute or two at the start is fine. Healers often are out in other specs to get things done and need to swap and good players know this. Jaded players tell you to go faster.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
01/24/2013 06:07 AMPosted by Calamai
you also look like a newer player. Of course, in the World of Grindcraft that hardly matters anymore.

I quit after BC and just came back. I was not prepared for changed dynamics of this game. I don't remember everyone just trying to blow everything over as fast as they can.

I am not against taking things down fast, but wait a couple more seconds until we are grouped properly. It imbalances my healing, and if I just let one person die trying to keep the tank up ,because I had to catch up, it just wastes more time rezzing.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 06:24 AMPosted by Healustrious
you also look like a newer player. Of course, in the World of Grindcraft that hardly matters anymore.

I quit after BC and just came back. I was not prepared for changed dynamics of this game. I don't remember everyone just trying to blow everything over as fast as they can.

I am not against taking things down fast, but wait a couple more seconds until we are grouped properly. It imbalances my healing, and if I just let one person die trying to keep the tank up ,because I had to catch up, it just wastes more time rezzing.

Ah okay. I started back in BC and yeah it is different isn't it? I took a 6 month break in Wrath and came back in time to see the great unveiling of LFG and the start of the 'gogogogogo' attitude.

Honestly, if you need 60 seconds then take it. If they want to run off, let them. If they want to complain ignore them. If they die well, maybe they learned to wait.

I wouldn't worry about time lost rezzing - it's on them not you. And there are times when the tank is so...erm....'dull' that I actually just let them die and keep the DPS up. When I rez the tank in that situation I tell them why they died. Some learn, some don't but you can only control what you do. So take control and don't let them get to you. :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I enjoy a fast pace to a dungeon but I agree that in many cases its actually "faster" to wait a few seconds than blindly charge ahead.

In many runs I don't even have enough time to get off a Symbiosis cast before someone puts the group in-combat.

Mana is another issue. I don't generally have mana issues much anymore, but I still prefer to drink and fill my mana bar back up between fights. It bugs me when a tank feels he can decide for me that I still have half my mana bar and that is "enough" for him to keep pulling. It might be "enough" but I personally like to have my mana bar full as sort of an insurance policy in case something goes wrong. There is absolutely nothing more frustrating than running out of mana during a difficult pull all because I started the fight with low mana in the first place.

Sometimes I don't even have the option to drink. People seem intent on saving 5 seconds by skipping certain mobs or obstacles, which in many cases get pulled anyway and keep the group stuck in combat for the rest of the instance.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I agree with Calmai - ignore the people saying, "You should just be faster" or "quit complaining."

Unfortunately, the tanks that need to be reading your plea aren't here. I will tell you that I've been so annoyed with tanks in lower level dungeons recently that I've started questing instead of doing dungeons. xD

I really hate tanks who do the "I have to pull the entire instance because I only have 5 minutes to do the instance" crap. You have my sympathies.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Don't listen to the people saying "get faster", that's just dumb. I mean nobody likes twiddling their thumbs, but that "problem" pales in comparison to tanks who run two rooms ahead of everyone. You are correct, there quite frequently isn't time to loot. I ran one recently where I swear, we weren't out of combat for like 5 full minutes.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Why do people fill the need to rush in LFG? Tanks just running mob to mob by themselves, not even DPS are around them either. DPS pulling mobs. I want to setup and heal, not be put at a disadvantage. Regain some mana. I even stopped looting just to stay up. I will leave, but I don't have all the time in the world to be sitting around waiting for my cooldown on LFG.

The instance will be completed with a better success rate, if you just SLOW DOWN.

Agreed. I have a WeakAura that goes off when the healer's mana is at 25% because I'm usually too busy looking at other stuff to really pay attention to healer's mana.

As far as DPS pulling/speed tanks, in my experience it's most likely done by raid-geared/epicced-out players that can solo the dungeon, yet decide to inflict themselves on everyone else. Like Feyranna said, not every tank that does this is on crack. It's often because if they don't pull the extra, the raidtarded DPSers often will.

My advice to you: Tough it out until you hit level 89, when you will be able to do quests in Dread Wastes, which will eventually open up some of the dailies there (at honored I think). This will give you some kind of out whenever you get left behind by everyone else; just drop and run dailies and get VP that way. F*** em. At 90 you get even more dailies to do ie even less reason to have to put up with their s***.
Edited by Joewarrior on 1/24/2013 11:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
Tanks don't really need healers while leveling. 5-mans are so easy / under-tuned, Blizzard should have just made them scenarios.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I guess you guys are right, if everyone is in such a rush then I will start pulling. Everyone being in a grind fest. What difference does it make as long as we complete it as fast as possible. Since it is my job to keep to group alive, as long as I do that, no worries.

If i fail then I will just leave before I die.

Just changing the pace and making everyone keep up with me.

Thanks for the help.

The GoGoGo era of Wrath really helped me become a better healer, I feel. I tested my ability to heal on the move, maximize my regen and finding the best moments to Plea and use other tricks, forced me to understand my utility and how to apply it, and (probably most important) how to save a wipe when things inevitably go sideways.
Reply Quote
A monk tank told me to go sit in a corner cause he didn't need me. I didn't heal for the rest of the instance. He didn't need me. :(
Edited by Hylt on 1/24/2013 3:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I don't get why some of you guys are coddling him - it won't help him become a better player. You need to recognize your own flaws. If you're slow, speed up. If you're going oom, be more efficient.

All you guys are doing is breeding another healer to think they're the most important person in the group which in turn makes them annoying to group with.

You could argue that not everyone plays this game to be as fast as possible and some people want to 'enjoy their time' (I've heard this one plenty). But on the flip side, how is it fair that you're holding 4 people back because you feel like taking your time?

If you really don't want them to speed ahead, just say something at the start of the instance. It's not that hard and it'll actually make a difference unlike making a post on the forums...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

Honestly, if you need 60 seconds then take it. If they want to run off, let them. If they want to complain ignore them. If they die well, maybe they learned to wait.

Best ^

It wouldn't hurt, though, to get used to moving a little faster. As you get more used to how your character is (priests are vastly different now compared to how they were in BC), you will become more comfortable with speed.

I suggest a macro:

/p Hey guys! I just got back to WoW from a long break, so I might be a little slow or rusty. Let me know if any of the bosses here do something I need to know about.

Post this at the beginning of every run.
Edited by Fluffy on 1/24/2013 4:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/24/2013 03:31 PMPosted by Hylt
A monk tank told me to go sit in a corner cause he didn't need me. I didn't heal for the rest of the instance. He didn't need me. :(

The set of tanks who *say* this is not the same as the set of tanks who can actually *do* this. Personally if they say something like this I usually shrug my shoulders and let them go. If they die and blame me I'll just repeat their words back to them. If they don't die I just concentrate on spamming my Denounce button.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
LFG is super easy and thus boring. The only way to make it a little bit interesting at least is rush through it as fast as possible. The end.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]