Music that just makes you cry

90 Blood Elf Warlock
01/28/2013 03:18 PMPosted by Nevintsha
Mwahaha take that! Oh... uh-oh... oh no. :''(

I said emo. Not horrendously over played garbage that makes people more sympathetic to lesser creatures rather then their own species.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
01/28/2013 03:30 PMPosted by Rosenivy
Mwahaha take that! Oh... uh-oh... oh no. :''(

I said emo. Not horrendously over played garbage that makes people more sympathetic to lesser creatures rather then their own species.

I like you, so I won't commence with trolling nonsense. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
01/28/2013 03:30 PMPosted by Rosenivy

Yeah..

Opposing animal cruelty is less about "lesser" and "greater" species and more about having enough of a heart to care about sentient beings in suffering.

I don't see how caring about non-human animals makes someone care less about their own species, but if faulty logic is the kind of thing you're into..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Yeah..

Opposing animal cruelty is less about "lesser" and "greater" species and more about having enough of a heart to care about sentient beings in suffering.

I don't see how caring about non-human animals makes someone care less about their own species, but if faulty logic is the kind of thing you're into..

I'm all for helping animals. I just find it a little odd that humans sound more sympathetic to them rather then their own kind. I see "save a animal tip jar" full more then say if it was a human charity.

And no donating ugly clothes you don't want anymore doesn't count as charity to me. While your intentions are good if you do that. It just seems more like you'd rather get rid of some clothes rather then actually give away something worthwhile. But those are just my own thoughts.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
01/28/2013 07:43 PMPosted by Rosenivy
I just find it a little odd that humans sound more sympathetic to them rather then their own kind.

Maybe it has something to do with the animals not being able to protect themselves?

And no donating ugly clothes you don't want anymore doesn't count as charity to me. While your intentions are good if you do that. It just seems more like you'd rather get rid of some clothes rather then actually give away something worthwhile.

Shocking news, but people living on the street in the cold will find that old ugly coat worthwhile. You may have the luxury of looking down on old used clothing, but I doubt most people on the street feel the same way. But feel free to only donate new things if that makes you feel better.
Reply Quote
Eminem - When Im Gone
Rise Against - Hero of War
Reply Quote
88 Pandaren Priest
I'm all for helping animals. I just find it a little odd that humans sound more sympathetic to them rather then their own kind. I see "save a animal tip jar" full more then say if it was a human charity.

Humans commit horrible atrocities on all levels, from bullying and humiliating their peers to genocide and hate crimes. People recognise animals as sinless, because they kill only for food and never have those human foibles of jealousy, rage, hatred or bigotry.

And...

01/28/2013 09:06 PMPosted by Nunepi
Maybe it has something to do with the animals not being able to protect themselves?

Bingo.

As for music that makes me cry... Can't Go Back Now by The Weepies. And Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen... But for completely different reasons.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

And no donating ugly clothes you don't want anymore doesn't count as charity to me. While your intentions are good if you do that. It just seems more like you'd rather get rid of some clothes rather then actually give away something worthwhile. But those are just my own thoughts.

I see your point, but I don't like the line of reasoning "such and such is getting help, but you should really be giving that help to this cause."

To me, every cause is important and every wrong deserves to be righted. But I don't think it's moral for them to be ranked. Like I said, the most important thing for animal rights activists is sentience and the ability to feel pain and suffering. Sentience alone makes every cause equal in my mind.

Anyway, though my tone is harsh, I'm not looking to start an argument. Just wanted to share my point of view. And now I have!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
01/28/2013 09:06 PMPosted by Nunepi

Neither can starving children

01/29/2013 05:48 AMPosted by Frankiedee
Humans commit horrible atrocities on all levels, from bullying and humiliating their peers to genocide and hate crimes. People recognise animals as sinless, because they kill only for food and never have those human foibles of jealousy, rage, hatred or bigotry.

*points at Dolphins* Animals are not pure. Or the lion who kills cubs. Or crocodiles who eat their own young. Or baboons who eat gazelle alive. Or Chimpanzees who try to kill each other just because they're bored.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbSEbF4-pAU

Got a new one to try and veer the topic from going somewhere stupid.

"Grief" From The Devils Carnival. Didn't know Sean Patrick Flannery could sing.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
01/30/2013 03:02 PMPosted by Rosenivy
Neither can starving children

Probably why you don't see people here saying they don't understand why you would want to donate to the red cross more than aspca.

You are on the wrong side here judging people because they are donating to a charity you don't support, or their charity isn't "real" charity to you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
01/30/2013 06:47 PMPosted by Nunepi
You are on the wrong side here judging people because they are donating to a charity you don't support, or their charity isn't "real" charity to you.

There is no wrong or right way when opinions are involved. Let's just drop it.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
01/30/2013 08:39 PMPosted by Rosenivy
There is no wrong or right way when opinions are involved.

I am of the opinion that 1+2=5. I am not wrong, all opinions are valid!
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I just don't think i'll ever get over you - Colin Hay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5J-DtKldpE

i think almost everyone has a long lost love somewhere, this is for them
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftV4hKnN280
Really good one man.
Gets goin round 1:25. lemme kno

this is the only song by this dude i like and youll know who and why when u hear it. made me cry when my dad died
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZHpMAeC0ME
Edited by Dromonk on 2/2/2013 6:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
This song is so beautiful and spiritual that it makes me cry tears of pure joy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=671AgW9xSiA
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Have A Nice Life
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Time of Your Life by Green Day.

Fix You by Coldplay.

Like You by Evanescence.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]