Why remove Path of Blossoms?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
We look at these new patch notes and some of the items just make you think... Why? Why would they do that?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8226552/Patch_52_PTR_and_Patch_Notes_-_January_17-1_17_2013

"Path of Blossoms has been removed."

So really, what was so bad or OP about path of blossoms to remove it? OP would be the only good reason to ever remove it. Why take out a neat unique spell that gives a class more character? If it's weak, just leave it, not like it's causing any problems. Worst case it's just a cool spell to play with.

edit: link
Edited by Razgrad on 1/25/2013 11:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
No one used it. There was always a better choice. Likely the same reason they are removing the Chi cost from touch of death (?), as no one bothered to glyph for it.

Unlike DKs, Blizzard is trying extremely hard to keep monks balanced, and attempt to error on the side of too little rather then too much.
Edited by Jozie on 1/25/2013 12:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
I don't see a use for it... the damage is horrid and there's always something better to use.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I used it because I thought it was amusing to poop out flowers for a short time. I never actually used it in a PvE environment. There *might* be a smidge of pvp usage if you're being chased around, but then you're using 30 energy that could be used elsewhere to generate chi.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
in the case of touch of death they should change it to *when the target is below 35% life*
then people would use it more
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
this is an amazing spell maybe not good for damage but i thought it was pretty to use now and then just for fun
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I liked dropping flowers all over the place, but the spell was pretty useless other than for fun.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I use it to kite Master Kistane up the stairs, but that's about it.
Reply Quote
71 Gnome Monk
01/25/2013 12:52 PMPosted by Leblue
I used it because I thought it was amusing to poop out flowers for a short time. I never actually used it in a PvE environment. There *might* be a smidge of pvp usage if you're being chased around, but then you're using 30 energy that could be used elsewhere to generate chi.

This ^^
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So basically it's just a cool thing, very little practical application. Under that logic, we should remove path of frost, water walking, unending breath, crusader aura, mind vision, far sight, Eye of Kilrogg, Feline grace, and all those other neat spells we love that have no application in pvp or pve.

But again, why? These are cool spells.

They've already removed so many, sentry totem, underwater breathing (shaman), mind soothe (the priest pull range shortener, forgot the name of it), Divine Intevention, Soul Harvest (active, from cata) and many others that I'm sure I'm missing from the past.
All of these were really neat and fun to play with, but they're gone now, and why?
Edited by Razgrad on 1/25/2013 2:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I popped a rogue out of stealth once; it was pretty cool. xD
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
So basically it's just a cool thing, very little practical application. Under that logic, we should remove path of frost, water walking, unending breath, crusader aura, mind vision, far sight, Feline grace, and all those other neat spells we love that have no application in pvp or pve.

All of those spells have pvp (and some pve) usefulness. In fact, in your list, I am amazed you put some of them on there. Feline grace? WTF. You have obviously never played a rogue or druid. Path of Frost/Water walking? Wow. Mind Vision/Far sight is very useful for scouting in bgs. I have used them to win games many times. With them, I can scout an entire AB (or other) map in seconds and use that information to best direct the team.

Poop of Blossoms is just shy of zero usefulness. Certainly less than every single one of the abilities you listed. Its basically a poor mans Flare (and by poor, I mean, sleeping in the gutter because you couldn't find a bridge to live under, poor). Getting rid of it is like removing a cancerous growth; sure, its a part of you, but all it does is take up space that is better used for something else.
Edited by Chunliqt on 1/25/2013 5:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I use them when running up AV towers, just incase a stealth is following me.

Sometimes I catch them, and I guess I got a Blizz dev and now he is trying to remove that.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The best description of Path of Blossoms use I've ever seen was something like this:

Path of Blossoms is great. If you are running up the tunnel in Warsong Gulch, and someone is chasing you, and they have, like, 9000 health, and you can't be bothered to turn around hit them, it's perfect.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
n the case of touch of death they should change it to *when the target is below 35% life*

Yeah... no, unless they change Touch of Death into an execute type of skill instead of the insta death that it is now, having it being usable on a target below 35% health would be beyond OP unless you put it on a 1 week or 1 month cooldown or something.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The answer to the original question is simple, Because its sucks horribly. 3 anecdotes does not a good skill make.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It is such a pretty spell, not everything has to be useful 100% of the time in every situation, geesh.

Did I read or imagine somewhere that all specs get that improved WW version of it that spell, the one that roots a target if it hits them? I couldn't find it in my spellbook on the PTR but I thought I read it somewhere?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
n the case of touch of death they should change it to *when the target is below 35% life*

Yeah... no, unless they change Touch of Death into an execute type of skill instead of the insta death that it is now, having it being usable on a target below 35% health would be beyond OP unless you put it on a 1 week or 1 month cooldown or something.

So, we could use it once a month when we're really angry?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
in the case of touch of death they should change it to *when the target is below 35% life*

Good one.
Reply Quote
Crappy rogues and druids walk into blossoms constantly in arenas/bgs/world pvp. I will miss them much.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]