Needed BG change in 5.2 or 5.3

60 Undead Death Knight
OK ill try this again, since the new 5.2 changes are gonna make mid season BGs a complete nightmare for all fresh 90s.

Sure BGs are already a generally a massive pain for fresh 90s but after 5.2 with the implementation of the 27000 conquest unlock to buy all gear with honor, the Mid season BGs are now gonna be full of tier 3-4 PVP Tyrannical glads 2 shotting everything under-geared.

The regular BG imbalance is now going to be just silly! I've tried in several forums to bring up the "real" solution to this for EVERY bracket including 90 but it gets no traction with blizz....

"heroic" and "normal" BGs divided by Item lvl is the long term solution.

Its programming that is already in the game for dungeons and therefore has to be extremely simple to add to the BG que system. At the same time all "xp on" and "xp off" divisions would be removed from the system to add players to the "heroic" que populations for ALL brackets.

so basically, you are a lvl 32 "xp milker" hitting bgs in your oh so horrible gear (and i cant blame you cuz leveling is so fast there is no way to keep your gear updated) u find your self in the "NORMAL" que with many lvling like minded similar item lvl players, now L2P cuz you cant blame the gear.

Similarly, a lvl 39 twink (i have none this is just an example) turns off his xp and ques up for the "HEROIC" BG que and finds himself in a bg with other twinks on the opposite team and also many well enchanted full (and i do mean "FULL") BoA geared players. Enjoy the game u have some real competition now for both participants.

At 90 this becomes extremely important by mid season, you ding 90 in your last dungeon and run to the auction house to load up on contender pvp gear... you que "NORMAL" BGs; Good News! everybody in there is BELOW a certain Item lvl and you have a real shot at being viable vs the other similar geared team.

Now you are a mid season tyrannical gladiator who just unlocked your 27k conquest to go farm honor and you que up for "HEROIC" BGs because "NORMAL" is unavailable to you, Good News! you are gonna have a real fight on your hands because the other team is geared too, GL in there.

anyway, if something like this doesnt happen in 5.2 or 5.3.... GL being a fresh 90 in bgs at mid season 5.2... u r gonna get smashed and GY farmed... oh joy.

and last bit on the proposed "normalizing" of character lvl in the lower brackets so every bg is all 34s or all 49s or all 89s, i read that in some PTR notes or something.... IT WONT FIX THE ISSUE and i guarantee it will be exploited somehow (ill be first in line to try). Heroic and Normal ques are the real answer long term.
Reply Quote
60 Undead Death Knight
why such resistance to this obvious solution?
Reply Quote
70 Human Rogue
Similarly, a lvl 39 twink (i have none this is just an example) turns off his xp and ques up for the "HEROIC" BG que and finds himself in a bg with other twinks on the opposite team and also many well enchanted full (and i do mean "FULL") BoA geared players. Enjoy the game u have some real competition now for both participants.

35-39 twink bracket is pretty much dead. They never get queues unless they plan it for a specific queue. Just saying.
Edited by Nightstrikè on 2/20/2013 4:23 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]