5.2 Patch of Declining Priests?

90 Human Warrior
I've heard this many times. I recently just hit my priest 90 and want to make him my main. I have no clue if i should make him my main in 5.2 as SHADOW because i heard shadow isn't going to be the same because shadow priests aren't good. Should i just make my monk my main or what.

I play a 2150 priest in cata and i know in 5.2 they are making it more skill>gear sort of thing. So I'm not a random.

Just looking for some help not trolls.
Thanks everyone!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Shadow is very strong in pvp and looks like it's staying strong after 5.2.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Shadow will still be one of the best specs in the game in 5.2 (PvP wise)
Disc will still be struggling, but it should be a lot better since there will be more spirit on gear than this patches Malev gear and rapture is getting buffed
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Whats the verdict on that DP nerf?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
TnC
Its hardly a nerf since now DP will benefit from our mastery and heal more per tick. Shadow will be just as viable as it is now, especially with the pvp power buff that all hybrids are getting.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Eyes... bleeding... owww...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
01/20/2013 04:05 AMPosted by Shiftonyòu
Its hardly a nerf since now DP will benefit from our mastery and heal more per tick. Shadow will be just as viable as it is now, especially with the pvp power buff that all hybrids are getting.

This.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Priest has some buffs in 5.2. Though it doesn't look like enough to take down the all mighty Resto Shaman. The good new is we might be able to get into RBG groups if we are lucky. as of now RBG groups would rather take anything but a healing priest.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I like the changes, whenever warriors cant beat me im happy.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Sp will be mince meat with nerfs to survivability. Can't do any dps when your dead.

Ghostcrawler is out of touch
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
The problem with posting here is none of the mods really cole to the class forums. And when you post about your changes and how you dont like them on the ptr forums they get deleted. But whatever I guess they want all shadow priests to either heal or play warlock or mage now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's also very likely that if you Necro old threads you'll get reported and get a forum ban.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
There is a portion of the priest population that will quit playing priest when hell freezes over.
Edited by Dreamskull on 2/15/2013 3:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/15/2013 03:12 AMPosted by Dreamskull
There is a portion of the priest population that will quit playing priest when hell freezes over.

The same portion that wanted to play shadow when you'd be benched on some fights because in tBC there was hybrid tax.
The same people who played shadow when our DoTs didn't benefit from Haste or Crit.
The same people who played shadow when Inner Fire had stacks that would fall off when hit until eventually melee could render you armourless.

If you sit back and take a good look at things the fact that we're so Hard in PvP now that they're nerfing stuff means we have reached the mountaintop, and now y'all are just complaining about how cold the wind is up here, or that the arcane mages and affliction warlocks are allowed to climb the lightning rod up here.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/15/2013 03:18 AMPosted by Taheraliel

The same portion that wanted to play shadow when you'd be benched on some fights because in tBC there was hybrid tax.
The same people who played shadow when our DoTs didn't benefit from Haste or Crit.
The same people who played shadow when Inner Fire had stacks that would fall off when hit until eventually melee could render you armourless.

If you sit back and take a good look at things the fact that we're so Hard in PvP now that they're nerfing stuff means we have reached the mountaintop, and now y'all are just complaining about how cold the wind is up here, or that the arcane mages and affliction warlocks are allowed to climb the lightning rod up here.

there are specs that have always been on top in pvp like frost mage. so what is your point exactly?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
The real story is that people that really enjoys playing priest will keep playing priest and still do very well with it. Disc is getting interesting changes, shadow is being more of a target now, but it also means that playing with my mage friend will be easier since a frost-mage free casting is quite dangerous.

People over-reacts to class changes and create some sort of popular opinion on forums that might lead people to change classes/spec without any reason.

Overall, it's just a game, if you put too much emphasis on class changes in a game, you should reconsider your life priorities.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

there are specs that have always been on top in pvp like frost mage. so what is your point exactly?

My point was that Shadow priests have had rising levels of power over the last 4 expansions moving from obscure to the mainstream, from niche to necessary (see Heroic Madness 10 player 1 tank strat), and that far from 5.2 marking a decline it should be embraced as a challenge for us to prove that we love our spec and are not just fair-weather players who a the smallest sign of nerfs jump ship to the next flavour of the month.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]