Limited Edition Pets

100 Pandaren Monk
Any idea if there's plans to re-create or offer any of the limited edition pets? (Frosty, Netherwhelp, ect.) I just ask, because I started at the tail end of Cata, and saw a Frosty the other day. I want one. :(
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Not likely. Look at it this way... if you did have one of these rare pets, how would you feel if bliz started giving them out again?

It does kinda suck that perhaps many people passed up on getting these pets when they had the chance, because they were just companions... and now they're so much more. At least we can be comforted by the fact that there will probably be more in the future that we will have a chance to get.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Personally? I'd be fine with it. I'd also like to see the country-restricted ones sold on the store too.

I collect them because it's fun to collect them, and I use the ones I find useful. I don't really care if it's ultra rare unless I can sell it to get more pets. :c)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
if they allowed the existing ones to be caged and sold for high prices that would be okay. that way people still get to feel like a special snowflake or can make some bank if they don't care about the pet. no increase in supply and people have the option to get the collectors editions and such for ingame gold instead of 1k on ebay.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
... if you did have one of these rare pets, how would you feel if bliz started giving them out again?

The same way I felt when they made onyxian whelplings capturable. -_-
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
You did something special to get it. Why would they take that away from you? That would be lame
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Speaking as someone with some of the collector's/limited edition pets...I think I would be okay if they re-released the models to allow people a chance at them and the special movesets they bring. Several of them have alternate skin colors in the game.

ie: I have a Netherwhelp (TBC Collector's Edition). If they allowed a purple Netherwhelp (which exists as a skin color) to be captured in the wild, I'd be okay with that.

I don't think they should re-release the collector's/limited edition pets period, though. I mean, they're limited edition for a reason! But...I think allowing the movesets and/or the model under a different skin color would be fine compromise.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Not likely. Look at it this way... if you did have one of these rare pets, how would you feel if bliz started giving them out again?

I honestly wouldn't mind, I didn't care when they made the battle bot available and I wouldn't mind if the golden dragon from the Chinese Olympics was available : /

I can understand though, and I think the best course of action would be to rerelease them with an alternate color (And give me an in-game murloc pet damnit!)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
I think the BMAH would be a great way to make super rare pets available in-game. I think some pets have a specialness to them not because of they way they look, but because of their rarity. Some of the most unique pet models in the game are quite common. You don't see many people running around with a willy, oracle hatchling, eggbert, or wolpertinger summoned; yet, those are some of the most interesting models in the game. There is a certain allure or rare pets and it should be preserved. No one would want a murloc or mini diablo so badly if there was a vendor in dalaran that sold them for 50g. I do think that for the very dedicated pet collector, there should always be an alternative way to get those crazy expensive pets.

All CE/Promo/Retired pets should go into the BMAH table of possibilities.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
01/21/2013 01:41 PMPosted by Shadowsedict
You did something special to get it. Why would they take that away from you? That would be lame

There's nothing special about spending more money and ordering something early. The lamest pets though have to be the country restricted ones only second to unobtainable ones (both seem to go hand in hand though).
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
It's bad enough they've re used the Hippogryph Hatchling skin, and they're planning on re using the Spectral cub as well.

I have both & not happy about it, they've lost their rarity & specialness.

As much as I'd love to have the rarer Asian realm pets, I can see why we don't have access to them. They'd lose their originality. Even though the 2 above mentioned have been copied.
Reply Quote
It's bad enough they've re used the Hippogryph Hatchling skin, and they're planning on re using the Spectral cub as well.

As much as I'd love to have the rarer Asian realm pets, I can see why we don't have access to them. They'd lose their originality. Even though the 2 above mentioned have been copied.

The spectral cub was already reused. It was a swag bag gift at the giant PvP event held in china a few months back. The reused spectral kitten is region restricted.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Maybe like... a limited run of them in the Blizz Store? That way they still stay rare, and the people who paid money wouldn't feel gyped.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue

The spectral cub was already reused. It was a swag bag gift at the giant PvP event held in china a few months back. The reused spectral kitten is region restricted.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=90953#comments Is that the one you're talking about? I thought it was going to be a future Blizz Store pet? To me, I don't mind if it's re skinned for another country, but to reskin it in the states it's a kick in the nuts (not that I have nuts, but you know lol)

If i remember a couple of weeks back, seeing you're a Mini Tyrael owner, I'm pretty sure you'd feel the same as I would, seeing them bring it back for anyone to own wouldn't make it all that special as it is now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue

The same way I felt when they made onyxian whelplings capturable. -_-

Pretty much this. It's only fair to make them all have a cloned version you can capture.

People who already have the "collectors" version get an automatic rare, people who have to capture it still have to find and pray it's a rare (or waste a 9k gold stone on it). Or get lucky enough to get the exact type stone they need.

The Ony pets were an anniversary gift to us from Blizz, they weren't a collectors edition (version), so to speak.
Reply Quote

http://www.wowhead.com/item=90953#comments Is that the one you're talking about? I thought it was going to be a future Blizz Store pet? To me, I don't mind if it's re skinned for another country, but to reskin it in the states it's a kick in the nuts (not that I have nuts, but you know lol)

If i remember a couple of weeks back, seeing you're a Mini Tyrael owner, I'm pretty sure you'd feel the same as I would, seeing them bring it back for anyone to own wouldn't make it all that special as it is now.

Yeah, it was confirmed by mumper to be mislabeled, It was never meant to be labeled as a blizz store pet.

I would not mind if mini tyrael and similar pets were put on the BMAH every so often. It would help retain the rarity as well as giving really dedicated pet collectors a shot at getting one.
Edited by Visage on 1/21/2013 8:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
88 Dwarf Hunter
I've never been one to feel more special because I have something someone else doesn't. I like to collect things, it doesn't make it any less enjoyable if someone else has good stuff in their collection, too. /shrug
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
01/21/2013 09:38 PMPosted by Safari
I've never been one to feel more special because I have something someone else doesn't. I like to collect things, it doesn't make it any less enjoyable if someone else has good stuff in their collection, too. /shrug

Even though you picked the wrong side, I gotta agree with you. I like seeing other Rusted Proto-Drakes, because I know it takes effort and they most likely earned it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
01/21/2013 09:38 PMPosted by Safari

Same logic can be applied to the other side of the argument. It shouldn't be an issue if you can't have a pet because it was released in limited quanities. If you want a collection to be proud of, you'll work towards it. Don't expect to have it handed to you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]