Ret right now

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Idk maybe I suck but Im pretty sure I don't, my healing sucks If I get stuck finishing off a war I dont win due to second wind just healing through everything and I cant heal myself for crap. Ret was better in Cata...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I've found ret/spriest and ret/war to be the best combos so far.

But then again what class isn't good paired with one of those?

Ret is looking a little better for 5.2. I'm optimistic.

p.s. I've fought the op in 2s and 3s.

He's bad. :p
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
I stopped gearing my ret about a month ago, don't know why I didn't just go holy to begin with... Was forced into holy spec during cata, should have stuck with it ^.^
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I agree we are weak when it comes to rbgs and 3s, but its easy enough to do 2s in low rating

We are all about burst and hard switches, so pair up with another bursty class (warrior, spriest, etc) and its easy wins

Hell, I've even gone 20-6 with a resto sham getting 2s conq cap these past 2 weeks, and thats entirely from pally burst

If you want to push into competitive PvP, then either you need to be one of the best retadins out there, or you need to reroll, but for 2s? rets roll over ppl, just pop all cds and go balls deep w/ bubble up, and they are down to 20% easy solo
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
NMB
got 10-0 with a ret when we capped, he had pretty good gear but he put out more pressure than a war i played with that had equal gear the following week.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Wouldnt be so bad if we were not the go to kill target every time. Even if my team wins a match i am always dead by the end since we are soooooo easily trained down.

Hopefully the 5.2 self heal buff will fix this somewhat..... we shall see.
Reply Quote
71 Gnome Monk
Realistically, he's not saying rets are unplayable.. I'm sure you could kill somebody in 2s
But what he's saying is there is really no point in being ret anymore when there's other classes that can do what we do but 5x better.

Why I quit my paladin.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]