Looking for reforge help.

90 Human Paladin
Just asking what you use to calculate how to get and optimal reforge... I just don't feel like any of the sites are all that accurate, so any addons would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
For a Retribution Paladin I think it was:

1.Strength
2.Hit Rating
3.Expertise
4.Mastery
5.Haste
6.Critical Strike

1. Strength

Strength is what gives us attack power and increases our damage. This will be a important stat for determining DPS and damage output, so this will be our main stat throughout MoP. I am placing this above hit and everything else because it is the only major stat on this list. Everything below is a secondary stat that can be capped and Reforged.

2. Hit Rating

Hit affects your hit %, or ability to hit mobs and bosses. At level 80 and 85 and also 90, Paladins need a total of 8% hit to be capped at 100%, meaning they never miss. Normal melee swings, including Crusader’s Strike, Templar’s Verdict, Judgement, and Divine Storm are all affected by this. Reaching the hit cap should be your number one priority. It is largest DPS increase you will get from secondary stats.

3. Expertise

Capping expertise removes a mob’s/boss’s ability to dodge our attacks. To cap this, you need 26 expertise, or 6.5%. It is recommended to maximize DPS, you have both hit and expertise capped.

4. Mastery

Mastery is the stat that allows our moves such as Crusader’s Strike, Templar’s Verdict, Judgement, and Divine Storm to do more damage that is holy damage. For me, I have 31% mastery so my Holy moves do 37% more damage but its put as Holy damage not just melee damage.

5. Haste

Haste has changed from Wrath to Cataclysm, and right up until launch of Mist of Pandaria. Before we used to reach the soft cap of Haste by stacking enough to get Crusader Strike to a 3 second cooldown. At level 85 and 90 with equivalent gear, this is no longer possible. Haste is a heavier stat now, and falls under crit in terms of importance.

6. Critical Strike

Critical Strike comes very close to Haste in terms of importance. It’s DPS weight just barely beats out haste, so it is a good idea to try and stack both stats equally, as best as you can.

Edit: Hope this helped you out as much as possible :]
Edited by Tyraelius on 1/22/2013 9:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
^ don't listen to this reforge order.

For ret its

Hit to 7.5
exp to 7.5
Haste
Mastery
Crit

Get reforgelite for an addon and it reforges everything optimally.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
I haven't touched this guy in a while...Like since before Mists hit...(That's why I'm at the forums, looking up my own info.

However, On the characters I do play, and with this guy as soon as I get my info...

I use an add-on called Reforginator.
Just throwing that one out there for you.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
^ don't listen to this reforge order.

For ret its

Hit to 7.5
exp to 7.5
Haste
Mastery
Crit

This.

Reforgelite has an accurate preset for Retribution and if you want to personalize it you can sim your weights and put them in the addon manually.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
What this guy (Tyraelius) said above is one of the worse posts I have ever seen for a Ret Pally! He is wrong on MOST of his post. Haste is better than Mastery AND Crit by a longshot! Hit and Exp caps should be 7.5%, after you reach that, reforge everything into haste.
Strength - Hit - Exp - Haste - Mastery - Crit.
The easiest way to reforge your character without an addon, is go to wowreforge,com and it will optimize your character. AskMrRobot.com works too, but you will need to check the box (Max Hit & Exp caps) or it will only get you close, which is NOT GOOD for ret pallys. We MUST be Hit & Exp capped, it is needed for maximizing our dps.
I hope this helps!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/23/2013 08:52 AMPosted by Maxximus
What this guy (Tyraelius) said above is one of the worse posts I have ever seen for a Ret Pally! He is wrong on MOST of his post.

Given that he mentions 26 expertise, which doesn't exist anymore, he's probably just copy/pasting something from Cataclysm.
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
For the expertise part, yes. The rest? No.
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
I am wrong on most of my posts? Really now. This is probably one out of five of my posts, and I have only made one thread entirely. You have nothing to prove all of my posts are incorrect kid.

Edit: Grammar.

P.S If you have a problem with the reforge then quit !@#$%ing about it, just say that its wrong and correct my mistakes not criticize about it, since that proves no help to the one asking.

Plus addons are never always truly correct. Personally reforging is more of a personal choice and there is no BEST reforge order. Good day, sir.
Edited by Tyraelius on 1/23/2013 12:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
01/23/2013 12:13 PMPosted by Tyraelius
Personally reforging is more of a personal choice and there is no BEST reforge order.

Yes there is, you can sim your character to see what your best reforge order is, that is not a personal choice that is mathematical facts.

You were wrong, people were a bit rough with you for being wrong, but you were still wrong.

Misinforming players looking for help isn't something to be taken lightly.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 1/23/2013 12:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
Yes there is, you can sim your character to see what your best reforge order is, that is not a personal choice that is mathematical facts.You were wrong, people were a bit rough with you for being wrong, but you were still wrong. Misinforming players looking for help isn't something to be taken lightly.

People can do whatever they please with Reforging. If a mage wants to stack Critical Strike, go ahead. There's nothing in-game that says you cannot.

I apologize for misinforming a player on what I thought would be best, however it was an opinion and not once did I say "This is the best, you need it now."
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/22/2013 09:50 PMPosted by Jval

Sorry should have clarified that I knew the priority system Hit/Exp to 2550 (exp to 2210 for sword/mace racial) etc....

I was just looking for the name of an addon to calculate it for me sorry. But thank you for all the posts, hopefully it will help someone else looking for the info.

And that addon works wonders thank you, I won't be able to live without it now haha.
Edited by Hurrakane on 1/23/2013 12:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
People can do whatever they please with Reforging. If a mage wants to stack Critical Strike, go ahead. There's nothing in-game that says you cannot.

I apologize for misinforming a player on what I thought would be best, however it was an opinion and not once did I say "This is the best, you need it now."

You can reforge what you want to, but that doesn't make it the right choice.

When someone asks for an answer on a question that has a mathematically correct answer, an opinion is not a correct answer unless it's also the mathematically correct answer. If you answer such a question incorrectly, yes, people will jump on you for it (and rightfully so--being mean isn't necessary, but we do want to quell misinformation as soon as possible).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
@Tyraelius - First off, you did not comprehend my comment correctly. I never said you are wrong on most of your postS! I said you were wrong in most of THAT post! Please reread my comment and you will understand. Singular "post" not plural. To make it more simple, I said that most of what you wrote, as far as your "opinion" on reforging, was incorrect.
And to back what others have said, yes, you may reforge secondary stats to whatever you would like, but there is a correct, mathematical answer, especially for Ret Pallys. I apologize to you Tyraelius, I was not meaning to be rude about it. I just did not want Hurrikane to spend his money on reforging when he would just have to reforge again. Haste is HUGE for Ret Pallys in MoP. As a matter of fact, in tier gear, it is better to gem for haste, even above strength. If YOU, Tyraelius, need some help with Ret Pallys as well, you might want to check out Elitistjerks.com. They have some very useful information, also information that will lead you to other sites that can even further your gameplay with Ret Pallys.
I hope this helps!

As I ride off on my Shado-Pan tiger, I turn and yell - "STAY HOLY MY FRIENDS, STAY HOLY, WE WILL PREVAILLLLLLLL!"
Reply Quote
Using Simcraft to get your stat weights is the best idea. In fact, you can still use the stat-weights on AskMrRobot to make gemming sand the like easier.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]