10- & 25-Player Raid Loot Changes – Patch 5.2

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/23/2013 09:09 AMPosted by Hoveround
No. Please no. LFR is a way to see content, not get geared.

What didn't you see the first 11 times you cleared LFR, stop being a hater.
90 Human Warrior
still dont matter ppl are still going 2 complain
100 Pandaren Warrior
01/23/2013 09:07 AMPosted by Daerioz
This will not help bring back 25s.

Agreed, but not sharing the raid lockout may

Wyrm
8 Human Priest
Who really gives a damn? I still do NOT have my bow from LFR or from dragging my bones repeatedly through* Gates*. The loot is total fail. I have given up on even thinking about real raids anymore due to it being a weekly waste of time. Actually I have a hard time thinking of reasons to continue playing as it is since Ive got all the rares.
90 Night Elf Hunter
I have played this game for 7 years so I have seen nearly all of the changes from the beginning. I guess I am a more casual player that can only devote a certain amount of time to the game as REAL life does have to take precedence. The LFR concept was a good one as many of us do not have time to raid seriously but still want to see the content. LFR allows for that. I felt that drops in Cataclysm were about right. It might have taken awhile but you could equip after a fashion and get fairly decent gear to allow you to compete in a 10 man normal.

To a Hunter like myself the weapon is the most important. Dropping a pole arm was a reasonable idea but making the LFR ranged so difficult to get is one of the more stupid ideas that Blizzard has had. SO WHAT if every hunter has the LFR bow or gun- make it easier to get and more players might be interested in normal raiding to upgrade. I have played in LFR from the time that my gear qualified. I have extra rolled every time the bow or gun drop was available. I still don't have a purple gun and after all this time that is not only discouraging but unsatisfactory for me as a player and a source of revenue for Blizzard.

The fact that the last bow or gun I don't remember went for 120,000G is really sad and indicative of the stupidity of the current situation. If this issue is not resolved in the forthcoming patch, Blizzard will not see me for a 8th year. Sometimes the only thing big companies can "hear" is the sound of money leaving their revenue stream. I am, at this point, seriously disappointed in the game.
100 Undead Priest
I am completely dumbfounded that Blizzard is going forward with this when nearly all 25man guild leaders think this is a bad change due to the lack of actual incentive it brings along with the additional administrative costs.
90 Troll Warlock
02/26/2013 08:41 AMPosted by Poena
I am completely dumbfounded that Blizzard is going forward with this when nearly all 25man guild leaders think this is a bad change due to the lack of actual incentive it brings along with the additional administrative costs.

"Hey, 25's seem to be suffering. What should we do?"

"Make the officers of those guilds put in MORE effort and have to deal with MORE bull!@#$!"

"Great work Tim, have a promotion."
100 Undead Priest
So none of the previews for 5.2 from Blizzard include any mention of "Thunderforged", and this topic has been de-stickied meaning with no further Blue posts.

Seems to me the idea has been scrapped. I am not complaining - at least insofar as this idea not being done - but I note once again we are in "don't talk about it" mode with all the blues.

I fear should any changes actually occur, they are not going to happen this expansion and it feels like Blizzard is hoping that the problem will just magically go away.

We can only hope... yet the link to this thread is still in the PTR notes.
86 Undead Rogue
01/23/2013 09:04 AMPosted by Nightsbane
I like it, throw in some thunderforged LFR pieces in - why not it'll be lower ilevel than normal anyways.

I am pretty sure you have been quoted with a similar response a few times in the past 81 pages but let me reinforce it.

PISS OFF
90 Orc Shaman
02/26/2013 06:34 AMPosted by Soarineagle

I am pretty sure this debate is dead in the water since the #1 10 man guild in the world said 10 mans were significantly easier then 25's. AND if for some reason 10's were harder then 25's you would see all the top guilds playing 10 man... but they aren't.

Please leave this debate alone..

Yet only 6 out of the top 40 are 10 man guilds...yeh 10 must be easier.

At that level the guilds don't care what's "easier" but rather what has more prestige. 25 man has more prestige, therefore most top guilds do that. They may also have a roster of people they like and are unwilling to just show the majority of them the door.
90 Night Elf Rogue
01/23/2013 09:09 AMPosted by Hoveround
I like it, throw in some thunderforged LFR pieces in - why not it'll be lower ilevel than normal anyways.

How do you expect people to get prepared for raids outside of LFR? People take that stuff way too seriously, and if they get someone who's undergeared, people are going to complain. Give those people a chance at getting better gear BEFORE they get into real raids. Getting yourself acquainted with the raid is NOT the only reason people do LFR... you are sorely mistaken with that assumption.
90 Orc Shaman
02/26/2013 10:39 AMPosted by Luxeon

How do you expect people to get prepared for raids outside of LFR? People take that stuff way too seriously, and if they get someone who's undergeared, people are going to complain. Give those people a chance at getting better gear BEFORE they get into real raids. Getting yourself acquainted with the raid is NOT the only reason people do LFR... you are sorely mistaken with that assumption.

You don't need LFR gear to do Normal modes.
90 Human Warlock
10 man is harder cuz you cant have 5-10 noobs getting carried! you can only carry 1 bad dps in 10 man, no heals, no tanks
100 Human Warrior
You can't have 5-10 people getting carried in 25s either, at least not during progression.
Edited by Arterius on 2/26/2013 11:20 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Mage
Great, more stuff that will never drop for me.

Way to go Blizzard.
The reason imo you don't see top rated guilds doing 25 mans is the logistics of forming that many humans with skill enough to compete at the level it takes at the beging of content. you just don't trip over uber geared players at that time. but once content has become played by more n more people, lots easier to get 10-15 uber geared people n carry the rest thro 25. As the mechanics are with 10vs25 Identical , its merely a matter of having the people who are willing to commit the time and have skill to down bosses before anyone else and not a matter of if 10 and 25s are harder content wise.
90 Orc Shaman
02/26/2013 12:33 PMPosted by Raoúlduke
The reason imo you don't see top rated guilds doing 25 mans is the logistics of forming that many humans with skill enough to compete at the level it takes at the beging of content. you just don't trip over uber geared players at that time. but once content has become played by more n more people, lots easier to get 10-15 uber geared people n carry the rest thro 25. As the mechanics are with 10vs25 Identical , its merely a matter of having the people who are willing to commit the time and have skill to down bosses before anyone else and not a matter of if 10 and 25s are harder content wise.

Uh, you do see top rated guilds doing 25s. In fact, top ranked is where you find the most 25 man guilds.
Edited by Hyjinx on 2/26/2013 12:37 PM PST
I think that this is just a band aid solution to a bigger problem, and that is Blizz is spending less resources to come out with content.

If they really wanted to fix 25s then they should do it in a way that rewards Guilds of the same faction to work together to accomplish a big task by that you have to have all 25 players as top geared/skilled on a given server to accomplish the fights. be that it harder mechanics compared to 10man heroics (which could be daunting and not work well with design and shipping content as fast) or maybe use same mechanics ,adjust boss health and have one "secret boss" that drops these types of gears with insane hard mechanics that intelligently use all 25 peoples resources. and a similar boss in 10s and LFR versions that may only have a chance to drop so everyone can "feel" like they have experinced it.

i could elaborate on this but don't want to make a huge wall of text.
Edited by Raoúlduke on 2/26/2013 12:54 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]