Hpally

90 Tauren Paladin
Alright so ive been playing this guy since cata and i was a much better healer then. But anyway whats the new Hpally stat priorities, gemming stuff? normally id do research but i figure asking you guys might be fun, so let me know whats up, ill get in my holy gear when i get home in a couple hours too so you guys can check it out
Edited by Taurseye on 1/25/2013 9:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Spirit > Int > Mastery > Crit=Haste (some favor haste, some favor crit.)

For gems, for the most part you will be using the following to start out:
Meta: Revitalizing Primal Diamond
Blue: Sparkling River's Heart or Perfect Sparkling Lapis Lazuli
Red: Purified Imperial Amethyst or Perfect Purified Roguestone
Yellow: Zen Wild Jade or Perfect Zen Alexandrite

Just price check between the two gems listed for blue, red and yellow sockets.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/paladin/holy

My favorite quick guide website
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Alright ill check out noxxic and work on my gems, Is there anything else you can tell me as far as PvE raid healing at this point? Feel free to check gems, reforge, enchant. I got tore down hardcore the other night for not chanting properly and id like to make sure im on the right track
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
01/29/2013 09:05 AMPosted by Taurseye
Alright ill check out noxxic and work on my gems, Is there anything else you can tell me as far as PvE raid healing at this point? Feel free to check gems, reforge, enchant. I got tore down hardcore the other night for not chanting properly and id like to make sure im on the right track

Are you gemming for PvP?

Your gems are not optimal and you have yet to reforge.
Just to be clear, stat priority is:

Spirit(to comfort) >Intellect > Mastery> Haste (1952) > Crit > Haste

Reforge, reforge, reforge everything into Mastery.
Reforge out of your haste. You have so much haste on your gear and its doing absolutely nothing for you. You actually reforged out of mastery for haste, which is soooo last xpac.

Replace your Misty Wild Jade with a Zen Wild Jade
Replace your Reckless with an Artful or a Zen Wild Jade
Replace your Potent with a Purified

Also to be clear, Noxxic is only a basic guide and generally only useful for stats, reforging and gemming. For healing strategy there are plenty of guides available including Moar Light by Tailias stickied right here in the Paladin forums.
Edited by Ceresc on 1/29/2013 9:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Thank you, i knew i was doing something else wrong, i was gearing up how i would for last xpac instead of the new stuff. Before you wanted your holy light to be a 2.00 - 2.15 sec cast and that made your heals hit fast enough to be competative. Now what changed to make mastery so much better now then it was before, can anyone tell me? Just curious btw not trying to argue the point
Edited by Taurseye on 1/29/2013 10:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Your direct healing spells also place an absorb shield on your target for 12% of the amount healed lasting 15 sec. That's the base.

Raid buffed I'm at nearly 35% mastery. That means that if I hit someone for a 100k heal, a 35k shield is placed on them. This shield also stacks, insanely high. At your gear level, you aren't going to reach any significant haste breakpoint and the throughput from Illuminated Healing far outweighs any benefit from haste. Especially considering that your mana pool will not support it, now that it has become a fixed mana pool.

In this fight
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-disunz72a7twb51s/sum/healingDone/?s=4737&e=5045

You can see where my Illuminated Healing did 27% of all my healing. Not bad for a passive ability.
Edited by Ceresc on 1/29/2013 9:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
oh wow thats a significant gain. Well thanks for the imput i think im chanted and (mostly) gemmed correctly, ill start looking a Msv tonight so wish me luck
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]