Is BT soloable

90 Gnome Monk
By a Brewmaster Monk at 90?

I would think so, but the Illidari Council and Phase 2 of Illidan I've only been able to solo on my Blood DK.

I was just wondering if it was possible to do.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I've done it on my WW monk before. Those are the only two fights that gave me trouble, I think I was pulling about 10k hps as a WW monk. BM is easily soloable.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
jk
You will need WW for certain dps race fights (eg. gorefiend) but it was pretty easy, I did the whole thing as WW.

WW is just flat out better imo. You kill things at least twice as fast. The only reason to use BM is if you are having trouble staying alive.
Edited by Iol on 1/19/2013 4:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
01/19/2013 04:17 PMPosted by Vèstis
I've done it on my WW monk before. Those are the only two fights that gave me trouble, I think I was pulling about 10k hps as a WW monk. BM is easily soloable.

I actually think Illidan would be easier for a WW. Cause if you can burn down one of the adds you'll take a lot less damaage. I'll try it out when I hit 90.

Thanks though
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I was able to solo everything on my shadow priest.

On council just be smart about interrupts and not standing in stuff and you should be fine.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
01/19/2013 04:20 PMPosted by Iol
You will need WW for certain dps race fights (eg. gorefiend) but it was pretty easy, I did the whole thing as WW.

Since when is Gorefiend a dps race?

I have never had a problem killing him solo
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
I was able to solo everything on my shadow priest.

On council just be smart about interrupts and not standing in stuff and you should be fine.

Awh hell, if a shadow priest can do it, a BM monk can do it...

If i'm not a monk baddie that is
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
jk
01/19/2013 04:22 PMPosted by Showsumleg

Doesn't he have an auto kill? Well maybe thats with a pet or something. I solo bt on multiple toons.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I can solo BT pretty well, Council I burst them down as fast as I can if I'm in my DPS spec

Illidan I have to do him as Prot, the 2nd Phase does to much Damage.

Brewmaster? If you got enough DPS do down both 2nd phase adds and have some good self heals then it shouldn't be a problem.

/HighPaw
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
01/19/2013 04:24 PMPosted by Iol

Doesn't he have an auto kill? Well maybe thats with a pet or something. I solo bt on multiple toons.

Yeah he will auto kill you if you have a pet or something, but if it's just you and him you can't lose pretty much
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Yes you can solo BT as brewmaster completely, I did it on my monk. Though it did take a bit longer
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
I can solo BT pretty well, Council I burst them down as fast as I can if I'm in my DPS spec

Illidan I have to do him as Prot, the 2nd Phase does to much Damage.

Brewmaster? If you got enough DPS do down both 2nd phase adds and have some good self heals then it shouldn't be a problem.

/HighPaw

Yeah thats what I was thinking.

I figure thats when I wanna pop xuen
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Easy Solo, council was the only one I had issues with due to interrupts and trying to juggle not standing in stuff on top of it.

Second phase of Illidan was quite easy imo.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Easy Solo, council was the only one I had issues with due to interrupts and trying to juggle not standing in stuff on top of it.

As a monk or a DK?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight

As a monk or a DK?

As a Brewmaster Monk my good gnome.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Groovy.

Thanks a bunch guys
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

As a monk or a DK?

I found 2nd phase Illidan easy too.

Just make sure you don't enrage the elementals by crossing them over too much, stand on the grate in the middle and dps one down quickly, then kill the other. Make sure you don't stand in Illidan's blue pew pew laser either.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk

As a monk or a DK?

I found 2nd phase Illidan easy too.

Just make sure you don't enrage the elementals by crossing them over too much, stand on the grate in the middle and dps one down quickly, then kill the other. Make sure you don't stand in Illidan's blue pew pew laser either.

Yeah I normally pop army at that time. I solo BT every week on my dk, so I know what to avoid. Ty though.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Priest
Only thing i ever found hard was that crazy face boss that kept fearing. everything else I was soloing at 85 on my ret pally...
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
01/19/2013 04:43 PMPosted by Píkachu
Only thing i ever found hard was that crazy face boss that kept fearing. everything else I was soloing at 85 on my ret pally...

hey nerfed that
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]