Justify your raid spot.

90 Troll Druid
Your GM tells you your about to start working on Boss X, X does average AOE damage and strong Tank damage with Burst AOE damage every couple of minuets.

Justify your raid spot, why should the raid leader bring you class to heal this fight.

(Couple of minuets was meant to be ambiguous.) (assume it doesn't line up perfectly with your cool down)
Edited by Rusek on 1/19/2013 10:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Holy Priests are great at stance dancing, which would be perfect for the minuets. :3
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 10:28 PMPosted by Elethia
Holy Priests are great at stance dancing, which would be perfect for the minuets. :3

<3
Reply Quote
My RL should bring me because I know what I'm freaking doing. What does my class have to do with it?
Edited by Heartsings on 1/19/2013 10:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
Your GM tells you your about to start working on Boss X, X does average AOE damage and strong Tank damage with Burst AOE damage every couple of minuets.

Justify your raid spot, why should the raid leader bring you class to heal this fight.

(Couple of minuets was meant to be ambiguous.) (assume it doesn't line up perfectly with your cool down)

Because I'm a good enough player to bring, regardless of class.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/19/2013 10:34 PMPosted by Heartsings
What does my class have to do with it?

I assume it's an academic exercise.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Pft, I am the GM and the RL. I don't justify nothing to nobody!

But in general, my priorities are: guildies playing whatever makes them happy, then raid comp, then having an enchanter to DE stuff, then who remembered to bring feasts, then which hunter has the prettiest pet, then not having too many Blood Elves, then getting a warlock for 'porting people back who forgot something in Org, then which tank feels the least cranky that day, then what class my healers are.

Yeah, casual guild is casual. :D
Reply Quote
I like how pretty hunter pets and warlock ports are both more important than cranky tanks.

Thanks. :<
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'd just tell them to look at whatever runs in the past we have done and judge for themselves. I'm not gonna kiss their boots for a raid spot. And to be honest if I prob would quit the guild or not even been in it as justifying myself weekly for a raid spot isnt my idea of a good time. I'd rather people want my healing talents because of what theyv seen and we go in and have fun.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
So in a scenario that's kind of like 1-tanking dogs when jade is active.

First, going to echo the 'skill' comment. As far as mechanics go:

Lifebloom helps stabilize the tank.
WG is great throughput.
Swiftmend can also help with one or the other (or both, if it's a stack fight).
Symbiosis provides a tank with another cooldown.
Ironbark provides an external mitigation cd on 2min timer (30s timer if using 4pc pvp).

And this can all be done with incredible mana efficiency and it can all be done while moving. Rejuv blanketing can provide good burst healing when required, if it can be anticipated.
Tranq's not amazing, but it's still a raid cd.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
was just curious of peoples responses i like em all! however @ frozen i would comment that monks bring same mobility and higher hps if your going off pure class viability
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Spirit Shell

#YOLO
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
01/20/2013 05:26 AMPosted by Rusek
was just curious of peoples responses i like em all! however @ frozen i would comment that monks bring same mobility and higher hps if your going off pure class viability

Yes and no. Monks have good mobility but in general our healing output decreases dramatically if we have to move constantly, unlike a resto druid. Occasional movement or getting from point a to point b monks are great at, healing while constantly dodging ground piles of goo not as much as some other classes/specs. He also left off his battle res as a possible reason to take him over another class (such as monks).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Well I'd assume my group already knows what I could do and I'd be insulted at the question. But besides that, doing damage while automatically throwing out smart heals? Pre-shielding damage? Yeah thanks I know it's awesome.
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Druid
01/19/2013 10:25 PMPosted by Rusek
minuets

The raid leader is bringing me, not my class. They are bringing me because I know my role, whatever class I am playing and how to get the most out of everything so I get the job done.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I like how pretty hunter pets and warlock ports are both more important than cranky tanks.

Thanks. :<

All our tanks are cranky. Sometimes it's just a matter of slight differences in crankiness. ;)

Right now, the only time they perk up is when they get to play "I'm a football!" before Elegon.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Sounds like H. Feng, which is about the closest thing I've seen this tier to an ideal resto shaman fight.

Then again, it depends on raid size. I don't play any other healers but I know as a shaman I heal 25s completely differently than I heal 10s.
Edited by Kessiaan on 1/20/2013 9:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'd say that a lot of people here obviously aren't hardcore raiders, which makes sense we're a minority and also explains why they are reacting so negatively to thinking their class actually makes a difference in their ability to heal fights.

Anywho as a monk I'd say he's crazy if he wants me for tank healing, I can help save from intense spike damage with HS (though most tank gibs happen before I could even start using HS so...) and I'd recommend taking a hpal or disc for hand of sac/pain suppression before taking a MW for the tank healing. MW are amazing at healing burst with some of the highest raw throughput (I can burst almost as hard as rsham's if my TFT hits the right targets), especially if it happens in around 1.5min intervals (TFT+chi brew), however at that point it's also just better to bring disc since pre-empting damage is always better.

I think you see a trend here right now. For Heroic 25m, bring disc for anything. Bring Holy paladins for tank heals. Bring rshams for CD throughput (reliable, and MTT/SLT). Bring MW for raw blanket healing throughput (unreliable, sometimes we'll get unlucky ReM and not be able to heal the right people). Bring holy priests....no, just don't, they should be disc because disc is retarded OP. Bring druids because....you want to gear them up incase their OP in the future?

There, I answered your question from a min-max point of view for every class in current patch/content.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest

Justify your raid spot, why should the raid leader bring you race to heal this fight.

I am a gnome. I am small and I don't have a tail that other raiders could trip over, nor do i have grotesque facial tentacles that could easily become entangled in someone else's gear. I also do not have super pointy ears that could easily poke someone's eye out at the most critical moment.

Pick me, Coach!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Bring me because you don't already have one of (insert my spec.) I'll work well with your other healers, I won't compete with them for gear, and I'll bring utility that you wouldn't have otherwise. You'll want to make sure you have at least one (insert my spec) in case it becomes the next tier's flavor-of-the-week, because otherwise you might be at a progression disadvantage. And if my healing spec is ever broken, I have (insert my best DPS spec), and I know how to play it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]