Justify your raid spot.

90 Pandaren Shaman
Because I'm better than the other healers in the guild. Also I have all healers (save a druid) at max level so, with a little notice, I can have anything ready to go come raid night. Unless a fight desperately calls for every healer to be a druid there is no reason not to bring me.

Bring the player, for she has all the classes.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
01/20/2013 10:09 AMPosted by Yumako
Unless a fight desperately calls for every healer to be a druid there is no reason not to bring me.

Oh man, that would be funny.

I'd like to see a fight that desperately calls for any healer to be a Druid. That would be a nice change for my mossy brethren.
Edited by Tailias on 1/20/2013 10:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/20/2013 09:36 AMPosted by Astråios
There, I answered your question from a min-max point of view for every class in current patch/content.

He gets it.

01/20/2013 09:56 AMPosted by Kaels
You'll want to make sure you have at least one (insert my spec) in case it becomes the next tier's flavor-of-the-week

You wouldn't bring it in for progression. You'd bring it in a few weeks later perhaps.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Because I'm better.
Reply Quote
1) I know the fights.

2) I'm gemmed/enchanted/reforged properly.

3) I bring my own consumables.

4) I don't suck at what I do.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Because I make funny noises over vent under times of distress.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Because the alternative is 2-healing it with our less experienced healers.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
#1 I'm better than any alternative.

#2 I know fights. And this is a very distant #2. Ones performance justifies raid spot. Nothing else.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Some fights are easier with certain healing classes than others. It's just how it is. Monks used to always have an "in" for Garalon and similar fights but that was nerfed. Disc priests are amazing on just about every right (holy honestly is probably too good too) which is causing them to get nerfed. Shamans are great for Empress with all the AoE damage + fear totem.

Killing Empress on 10 man is harder with Resto Druid, Paladin, Monk and it is Disc Priest, Paladin and Monk. It is how it is.
Edited by Battlehippy on 1/20/2013 4:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I can do it, coach!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Well, I'm disc.

/flex

*accepts raid invite*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/20/2013 01:08 PMPosted by Qùess
Because I make funny noises over vent under times of distress.

What -kind- of funny noises? o_O
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Your GM tells you your about to start working on Boss X, X does average AOE damage and strong Tank damage with Burst AOE damage every couple of minuets.

Justify your raid spot, why should the raid leader bring you class to heal this fight.

(Couple of minuets was meant to be ambiguous.) (assume it doesn't line up perfectly with your cool down)

Healing Tide totem, spirit link totem, ascendance.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/20/2013 08:46 PMPosted by Tiriél
What -kind- of funny noises? o_O

Effeminate screams of terror. As if dying in game will kill me IRL. Usually only happens during Spirit Kings or Blade Lord.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/20/2013 09:32 PMPosted by Qùess
Effeminate screams of terror. As if dying in game will kill me IRL. Usually only happens during Spirit Kings or Blade Lord.

Now that sounds entertaining.

The real question, though, is why you have water fountains on your shoulders. :(
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Mine would be, "Hey, remember that expansion where I provided 90% of the flasks needed for cauldrons and 90% of the fish for feasts?"

JK

Well, I have HTT and I can heal more when its down.
I have healing rain if we need to stack. That does some nice healing along with a bonus to health.
I have SLT.
I rock a spirit heavy build so I can be your mana battery.
I don't die to mechanics very often.
Oh, and I can drop 300k heal bombs into the tank every 1.2 seconds thanks to too much haste and 4pc.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I research fights.

I don't stand in bad stuff.

I'm reliable and rarely ever miss a raid.

I challange myself, I like to solo heal fights if I think I can.

I'm a girl IRL, every raid group needs a girl!

Bring the player not the class, sure Druids are a bit blah right now but I play my Druid to the best of my ability.

I don't let people die - if they die it's almost always their fault.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
If you're a good player, you shouldn't have to justify your spot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Disc priests aren't bad enough to outweigh the fact that I'm experienced at healing with them.

As a matter of fact, they're actually not bad at all, considering the tank heals I can lay down. Don't expect me to help with aoe too much though.

Also, if we're not quite beating enrage timer, I could whip up some atonement...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]