Open Libram LXV: A Fury Divine

100 Blood Elf Paladin
Faction games are overdone and boring as hell.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Precisely. Vive Guild Wars 2!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Anyone know if 1/2 H starshatter beats 2/2N Sha axe w/ legendary gems? Or do I have to wait for next week to upgrade it again and use it?
90 Dwarf Paladin
What's the weapon damage between them? If the axe's is higher, probably stick with it until fully upgrading the sword.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Starshatter 1/2 beats it on weapon damage by a bit.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
01/23/2013 07:49 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
Precisely. Vive Guild Wars 2!

It's more the artificial balancing of factions by giving them all three races when some of them just don't make sense.
100 Draenei Paladin
Helping a Shadow Priest friend get their Legendary Staff, got Rags Firehawk mount tonight. >_>

Bittersweet because I wasn't able to earn one back when it was current, but still, very purty mount.

Now I just need a belt and I'll have my Heroic Tier 12 mog all set too, well a H Sulfuras would be nice too. Or that one random boss drop sword from normal.

Tier 12 is one of the few Tier Armor's that looks far better in Heroic IMO.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hm. Hey Grog, you seem good with numbers, got a question.

Simcraft calculated my stat weights with Str at 2.92 and Haste at 1.39. Since that means 2 haste is still < 1 Str, I'm still at that point where I should be gemming Str correct? Should I be gemming full Str, or doing hybrid Str/Haste gems in prismatic sockets? I'm not sure how things work with hybrid gems..
90 Dwarf Paladin
What were the normallized weights (I usually look solely at those as they're easier to compare at a glance, though the non-normallized are more accurate)? If haste is .47~.49, haste is probably still fine and either preference won't change your output noticeably.

I think your normallized haste weight should be at ~.47, which means haste should still be fine. I've played with it in SimC before, and swapping even to hybrids can potentially swing the haste weight to way over the .5 mark.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Normalized it should be .476

You can/should gem strength, but it's also only something like a 22 dps difference between the gems so regemming isn't really something to write home about.

You have odd gear for that to happen.. like, really odd. Your haste is really low and it's still weighing it under strength. Maybe it's from your talents, or Ironbelly might skew it that much. Out of curiosity, what does it rate crit and mastery at? For me, it rates haste well over strength, with crit notably ahead of mastery.
Edited by Cayse on 1/23/2013 10:12 PM PST
90 Dwarf Paladin
In actually looking at him, I think there're a number of culprits for his odd weights - mostly strength-centric gemming, lack of multiple enchants, the fact he still has to forge into so much hit, and his awful trinkets.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Strength-centric gemming should eventually push the value of strength lower. With pretty similar AP and way lower haste compared to my values, the only significant difference is the wok and talents. I know when I was simming the LFR vortex it was giving me strange results.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
SimC is quite vehement that I should gem strength, but I don't care to. Crit and mastery it's given nearly identical weights to.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
And you have vortex.. it must have something to do with having a proc-haste trinket.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/23/2013 10:09 PMPosted by Cayse
You have odd gear for that to happen.. like, really odd. Your haste is really low and it's still weighing it under strength.

In actually looking at him, I think there're a number of culprits for his odd weights - mostly strength-centric gemming, lack of multiple enchants, the fact he still has to forge into so much hit, and his awful trinkets.

Right in one. I had horrible luck with trinkets this expansion, and I'm loathe to get the on use trinket from Dominance Offensive. Still saving up on some enchants, namely since I got new gloves yesterday (only just started regemming everything afterwards ><) and waiting for that expensive !@# Dancing Steel enchant. Also I just realized I put an expertise/stamina gem in my bracers - that was a relic from when I was double-dipping my ret haste gear for tanking and prioritizing Prot. I need to replace that pronto. <_<

Out of curiosity, what does it rate crit and mastery at? For me, it rates haste well over strength, with crit notably ahead of mastery

They rate it pretty close to each other, with Crit edging out Mastery. Here's my stat weights for comparison:

Str -2.92
Agi-0.08
AP-1.29
Exp-2.18
Hit-2.54
Crit-1.10
Haste-1.39
Mastery-1.04
Wdps-6.11
Wspeed-566.55

And here's normalized:

Str - 1.00
Agi-0.03
AP-0.44
Exp-0.75
Hit-0.87
Crit-0.38
Haste-0.48
Mastery-0.36
Wdps-2.09
Wspeed-193.98

My normalized haste is actually >.47, so I guess I should just stick to gemming Haste? Although Grog, when you say I have to forge into so much hit (and yeah, ReforgeLite's had a field day with me), do you mean that I should focus on hit/haste or hit, or prioritize hit plate gear?
Edited by Jackishi on 1/24/2013 5:15 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Last night was interesting. It started out really well with us going to terrace 1st to try out what appeared to be an "ok" bug on h lei shi. It didn't work, but we got the kill on the 1st attempt of the night anyway. :D plus we also got a bunch of tier pieces from bonus coins. After that though, things went downhill. We went to HoF, set to heroic, go in, and because we have a recent transfer who's got zorlock down on normal for the week, (he didn't go in the raid, was just in the group) when we went in, it was his lockout. I and most of the raid declined the prompt and exited, but our main tank just pressed yes because he wasnt really thinking about it. He gets locked, and we can't fix it in any way to get the raid in the right fresh instance. We sent a ticket in and the GM just gives us the usual bs answer "sorry, we can't do that."

We spent the rest of the night in h msv and we're hoping soft reset might at least fix the instance split enough for us to be able to grab a pug or something to fill the locked tank's spot for the week.
100 Human Paladin
Morning Pally Crew

Its raining here, its nice.
90 Dwarf Paladin
01/24/2013 03:19 AMPosted by Jackishi
Although Grog, when you say I have to forge into so much hit (and yeah, ReforgeLite's had a field day with me), do you mean that I should focus on hit/haste or hit, or prioritize hit plate gear?

It was merely a comment about the relative quality of your gear. You're still forging into over 1000 points of hit, where I'm forging for slightly over 800; for added example, Chaz isn't forging into it at all. It's just something that's going to solve itself naturally over time as you get better gear but not something you should be worried about for prioritizing loot; just keep looking to the haste pieces first. And only gem hit with hybrid gems to match blue sockets. If you want to free up a bit of ratings, though, there is a hit enchant for cloaks that you could get (dunno if you're using it yet or not, as you're now logged in PvP gear).
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Whoops, here's my PvE set. Relogged for a bit while I was grabbing mats for a Living Steel belt.

So earlier, ran a LFD to tank Scholo, and queued up with three players from Tanaris who asked if we could do achievements. They were polite about it, so I figured, why not? Long story short, got them the ones they needed, they helped me get the last boss's achievement that I needed, and I guess karma paid off, because Lessons of the Darkmaster finally dropped! /happy dance

I got so happy I deleted Coren's without a thought, but now I'm kinda sad. Still, at least I finally have trinkets that aren't too horrible. :D LFR was less kind, but right now simming my char again with the new stuff before I reforge.

But seriously, I love it when I find good groups like that. It's what my Vanilla memories were made of. By the way, Grog, really appreciate the help! <3 I've been focusing on my Prot almost exclusively and kinda ignoring my Ret gear except for PvP, so all this info has been helping tons.
100 Human Paladin
So found out that the melee legendary meta proc is a lightning damage proc that equals an extra auto attack in power.

So not to bad.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]