Open Libram LXV: A Fury Divine

90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/25/2013 08:03 PMPosted by Jackishi
As long as they found some way to keep the shiny GoAK model around for something, I'd be fine with that. But eh, looks like next expansion for something like that..

01/25/2013 08:19 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
don't want Guardian to go though, he's retarded but he looks awesome.

You guys are crazy. I think GoAK looks ultra derpy. :P
90 Blood Elf Paladin
He's dopey, but his wings are glorious.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh god "Batman & Robin" was such a bad movie...
90 Draenei Paladin
I haven't seen it since way back near when it first came out.

I bet rewatching it would be painful but I don't have any bad memories of it at the time.
Eugh... I hate upgrading for gear... change the Valor Point system already.
90 Draenei Paladin
Shado-Pan Monastery is such a freaking long run. Would have easily gotten silver, but after wiping twice on the third boss, we simply ran too long into the night to reset again.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What I'm really concerned about is Blizzard made an honest effort to make next season better.... and then reversed a huge chunk of their progress, seemingly on a whim. Those nerfs were supposed to indirectly buff ret among other specs.

I miss PVP a lot but it's just not fun. They've made too many mistakes and (apparently) they would rather not do what needs to be done in order to fix them...

To make a parallel: A man has a deep wound that's heavily infected and needs serious treatment. He knows he has to go to the hospital but he won't because he's afraid the treatment will be more painful and stressful than the wound itself. The man would rather try to fix his festering wound with bandaids than handle it the right way.

That's how Blizzard is handling PVP right now.

I've considered myself beyond patient with Blizzard this season but this news feels like a punch to the face. It's not fair to ask players to wait till next expansion for legitimate attempts at balance.

We had some back and forth with him in that PTR thread. Felt good to express some of the anger. We're not even halfway through MoP and now we're being told we have to wait until the next expansion for them to unravel the mistakes they made in this one. /mindboggle
90 Dwarf Paladin
http://www.wowhead.com/news=210156/5-2-crafted-vanity-items-lightning-forged-weapons-engineering-pet

So, cool? Looked at one, and it was BoE. Not sure I like that, especially not for the mats involved and the fact that they're mere 463s. REally should've left them BS only, as we don't get any cool toys like other professions - no mounts, no pets, no dohicky tinkers.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh boy, GC's reason for reverting the nerfs

"If you played a Holy paladin and found your Holy Shock had a longer cooldown, and found Word of Glory had been replaced with (making this up) "Phrase of Glory" with a 2.5 sec cast time, and found that Devotion Aura no longer prevented player Silence, you might find yourself a little disoriented. Those are the kinds of changes we think would be necessary to allow interrupts to sufficiently serve as a counter to healing at this point in time.

While it might seem impossible to the forum-posting contingent of our player base, we lose more players to frustration at constant class design changes than we do to perceived balance problems. We have to keep that in mind when considering any changes, even those that are ultimately better for the game in the long run."
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/26/2013 10:38 AMPosted by Aglaea
"If you played a Holy paladin and found your Holy Shock had a longer cooldown, and found Word of Glory had been replaced with (making this up) "Phrase of Glory" with a 2.5 sec cast time, and found that Devotion Aura no longer prevented player Silence, you might find yourself a little disoriented. Those are the kinds of changes we think would be necessary to allow interrupts to sufficiently serve as a counter to healing at this point in time.

I'd actually love to see that, lol.

While it might seem impossible to the forum-posting contingent of our player base, we lose more players to frustration at constant class design changes than we do to perceived balance problems. We have to keep that in mind when considering any changes, even those that are ultimately better for the game in the long run."

Step A: Blizzard screws up.
Step B: Blizzard won't risk alienating casual players.
Step C: Blizzard royally screws us.
Step D: We wait for 6.0 to fix it.
Step E: 6.0 does indeed fix it!
Step F: A new problem arises.

Rinse and repeat for the rest of WoW's existence.
90 Human Paladin
it makes sense, and it's probably really frustrating from a design standpoint to know that you can't fix things in your game that are broken because huge chunks of your playerbase would quit as a result simply because change occurred, regardless of what those changes are.

i still think it's stupid to keep pre-emptive blanket silence in the game as a way to score kills, but i guess that's what we'll have to deal with so that players don't get scared off by change.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
it makes sense, and it's probably really frustrating from a design standpoint to know that you can't fix things in your game that are broken because huge chunks of your playerbase would quit as a result simply because change occurred, regardless of what those changes are.

i still think it's stupid to keep pre-emptive blanket silence in the game as a way to score kills, but i guess that's what we'll have to deal with so that players don't get scared off by change.

The problem is casual players are more likely to quit than more invested players, and that they probably outnumber us. So game balance gets thrown to the wolves and the people who truly care don't get what they want. I guess it's all about the bottom line: keep as many players as possible happy.
Edited by Hafleur on 1/26/2013 11:24 AM PST
90 Draenei Paladin
01/26/2013 11:22 AMPosted by Hafleur
keep as many players as possible happy.

That seems to be the big drive with MoP. I suspect the sub loss during last summer's wait for MoP really scared the Blizz execs and stock-holders.

So now we get the repetitive casual stuff and grindy hardcore stuff, and little focus on the in-between. At least they seem to be getting better about drawing out content. Although the proof of that will really be in 5.2 and 5.4.
Edited by Snozberries on 1/26/2013 11:32 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's a shame that this game doesn't measure success like other MMOs. Holding at 300k~ subs is considered a success. This game has millions...

I wish they'd stop appeasing people and just get to making a good game. I'd approve of them alienating half the subs if it made this game better. But, Activision can't have that. They really lucked out with Blizzard. So much so, that they will milk this cow til it's a flabby husk of teet and leather. So unfortunately, the majority ( no matter how stupid ) rules.

Thanks for making this game accessible to so many people, but !@#$ you Blizz.
90 Draenei Paladin
01/26/2013 10:28 AMPosted by Grôgnárd
So, cool?

30 Living Steel for the Engineering mount, but what a mount. Got to level my engineer faster!

While it might seem impossible to the forum-posting contingent of our player base, we lose more players to frustration at constant class design changes than we do to perceived balance problems.

I simply do not buy this, I just don't. There is no way they loose significant numbers of players due to simple balancing changes.

Being told to wait until the next expansion is endlessly stupid and frustrating and I'm not even a serious PVPer.

If this same logic were applied to major PVE problems I would blow a gasket, and I don't see why Blizzard wouldn't apply the same there.

01/26/2013 11:35 AMPosted by Vlada
But, Activision can't have that.

I used to think people who rallied that Activision was ruining Blizzard and all that were just silly but now I'm starting to wonder.

Cataclysm should have taught them some things, not made them terrified of actually balancing the game for fear of sub numbers.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 1/26/2013 11:56 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]