Open Libram LXV: A Fury Divine

90 Tauren Paladin
I just spent about an hour or two trying to kill the Ornstein and Smough boss in Dark Souls.

Holy hell is that boss battle tough. To think before I was just cruising through many boss battles and beating them in 1-3 tries.

How is that game anyway? I have a gift card to use for an online game download site and it's on my list as one of the games I've considered getting.

The PC port is pretty awful, but still very manageable. (Especially if you can use your PS3/Xbox controler on your computer.)

Besides that? It's an extremely fun RPG, but not something you'd get if you're going for a more relaxed experience. Even regular mobs can kill you pretty easily if you're not paying attention.
Edited by Shiralia on 1/27/2013 8:27 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin

How is that game anyway? I have a gift card to use for an online game download site and it's on my list as one of the games I've considered getting.

The PC port is pretty awful, but still very manageable. (Especially if you can use your PS3/Xbox controler on your computer.)

Besides that? It's an extremely fun RPG, but not something you'd get if you're going for a more relaxed experience. Even regular mobs can kill you pretty easily if you're not paying attention.

When you say the port is bad, do you mean just the mouse and keyboard controls? Or are there other problems like bugs?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Direct ports don't always translate terribly well. I've been playing I Am Alive for a bit, but due to the way the controls work on keyboard/mouse, it's a little frustrating. Not as much as Indigo Prophecy, but frustrating. Running along somewhere and having the camera switch and even though you didn't change directions, SUDDENLY RUNNING THE OTHER WAY! Ubisoft ports are really bad for that.
90 Draenei Paladin
Many grats! It took us ~2 weeks. Getting enough people into the amber thing to get a feel for what to do and not wipe the raid was a huge pita.

It was a pain, that is probably my least favorite fight in this Tier. Although I may end up hating Queen more.

I just don't like HoF in general really, which is a shame because it has some really good lore behind it all.

01/27/2013 04:23 AMPosted by Snozberries
Rabble rabble rabble!

Rabble!!!
90 Tauren Paladin

When you say the port is bad, do you mean just the mouse and keyboard controls? Or are there other problems like bugs?

Mainly mouse and keyboard controls, though there are a few performance issues here and there.

What's especially annoying is target-locking with keyboard and mouse. It's far too sensitive and 50% of the time I'm about to attack an enemy with another enemy nearby it suddenly switches targets mid-swing and I hit the air. Oh yeah, and the cursor still shows even when you're not accessing the menu. Now that's just lazy.

Almost forgot, Dark Souls uses GFWL even if you get it on steam.
Edited by Shiralia on 1/27/2013 12:02 PM PST
90 Pandaren Monk
Well .. definitely love my Monk.

Q) should I buy 280% flying?
A) oh hell yes!
Q) should I buy 310% flying?
A) oh hell yes!

Other characters that answer is "nah, not really worth it" but there has been no hesitation on the Monk. I think Blizzard have done one hell of a good job with Monks. I'm really really enjoying it.
90 Draenei Paladin
Scarlet Halls Challenge Mode Bronze accomplished!

Now that is a five man. Fun, fun, fun. The bosses were actually quite easy compared to the trash, in fact we never wiped to a boss. Just trash.....

We all know the difficulty curve now so should get better, I just need to touch up my Tank set a good bit. Some good trinkets and Tier bonuses would be nice.

Looks like this will be a weekly thing for my little group, although right now Gold really does look impossible. lol.

Although like I said I'm in these for the fun of experiencing them more then the rewards, right now our goal is to get bronze in each one.

01/27/2013 02:22 PMPosted by Pandani
I'm really really enjoying it.

I really should get to work on my monk.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 1/27/2013 4:10 PM PST
90 Draenei Paladin
Now you know the secret of CMs: trash >>> bosses. Grats on your run!

Scarlet Halls in particular seems to have some of the worst single packs of trash. But trash is definitely the biggest obstacle.
90 Tauren Paladin
I just got killed in seconds a BG ago.

By a holy paladin.

That's bloody ridiculous.
Edited by Shiralia on 1/27/2013 7:11 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Holy can burst harder than a lot of dps if they know what they're doing, but it's absolutely tied to them taking holy avenger.
90 Draenei Paladin
Soon I will have to venture into BG's for the Wrathion questline, with my ramshackle assortment of crafted PVP Blues, honor gear and random Sha drops.

It will be painful, and hilarious.

Now you know the secret of CMs: trash >>> bosses. Grats on your run!

Thanks, it was fun.

Yeah in away it's kinda silly that the trash takes more coordination then the bosses.

01/27/2013 06:28 PMPosted by Snozberries
Scarlet Halls in particular seems to have some of the worst single packs of trash.

So I have seen the worst trash CM's have to offer?
90 Tauren Paladin
01/27/2013 07:38 PMPosted by Lobster

/hysterical laughter

I can see Lobster grew a twirly mustache.
90 Draenei Paladin
01/27/2013 07:38 PMPosted by Lobster

/hysterical laughter

I actually heard the male belf laugh while reading that, how appropriate.
90 Draenei Paladin
01/27/2013 07:28 PMPosted by Cadenbrie

Not really. Most CMs require chain pulling in order to meet the timers. SH just has some of the worst single pulls.
Edited by Snozberries on 1/27/2013 7:50 PM PST
90 Draenei Paladin
Not really. Most CMs require chain pulling in order to meet the timers.

Well since I'm only shooting for bronzes at the moment that's not really a problem for me.
90 Pandaren Monk
So .. heroic Windlord down. Now at 4/6H, 2/6H, 0/4H. Getting there slowly. We always seem to start off slowly and pick up speed as we go.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm interested in how you guys execute your initial burst.
When do you use execution sentence during AW?
How does your priority change?

I was saving ES for the lest 10 seconds, but now I don't think it's a good idea because it doesn't line up well with my str procs. I may end up tracking all my procs on the side and using ES when it fits best with them?

I've also started using judgement over cs when HoW is available for use. TV mostly gets used at 4 HoPo to allow more HoW uses.

seeing as how weighted our damage is on our burst CDs, this would help a lot.

Thanks
90 Human Paladin
Morning Pally Crew

Another Monday blegh.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]