Open Libram LXV: A Fury Divine

90 Dwarf Paladin
01/28/2013 01:00 PMPosted by Snozberries
Screw people

Well, that is how you generally make more people.

So what you're saying is that we need to kill people, yes? 'Cause I'll totally use that as my defense at trial. "The Internet! It told me to kill - and here's the proof! Blame the Paladins!"
90 Draenei Paladin
01/28/2013 01:07 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
The Internet! It told me to kill

There are already enough idiots trying to censor and control the internet, don't you dare give them another excuse.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 1/28/2013 1:10 PM PST
90 Draenei Paladin
So what you're saying is that we need to kill people, yes? 'Cause I'll totally use that as my defense at trial. "The Internet! It told me to kill - and here's the proof! Blame the Paladins!"

http://n00bfu.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/dont-believe-everything-you-see-on-the-internet.jpeg
90 Human Paladin
They're cancelling Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series

I am sad.
90 Draenei Paladin
01/28/2013 01:27 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
They're cancelling Young Justice

Where did you see this?

Figures, nothing good lasts.
90 Human Paladin
Was on IGN
90 Draenei Paladin
01/28/2013 01:45 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
Was on IGN

I has a sad.
90 Human Paladin
What made it worse, was the list of new shows for CN, they're all incredibly terrible.
90 Draenei Paladin
01/28/2013 02:07 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
What made it worse, was the list of new shows for CN, they're all incredibly terrible.

I don't really watch much T.V. anymore, but CN has been in decline for years. I expect Toonami to die again soon.

As for their new list I didn't look at it, but I saw that a new Teen Titans is coming and I'll certainly give that a gander.

Also a new Batman, they just need to stop. They're never going to make anything that compares to the 90's Batman the Animated Series.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 1/28/2013 2:11 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
01/28/2013 02:10 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
As for their new list I didn't look at it, but I saw that a new Teen Titans is coming and I'll certainly give that a gander.

Its not like the old show, its like those super deformed shorts they have with the characters that focuses on comedy.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
01/28/2013 02:14 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
Its not like the old show, its like those super deformed shorts they have with the characters that focuses on comedy.

they need to stop trying to make super heros funny. super heros are srs bsns. yes i know that sounds silly
and they need to stop thinking that kids will only like stuff if its comedy.
Edited by Idoma on 1/28/2013 2:29 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
Lobster, you must join me at Wondercon, protesting if there is a Cartoon Network booth.
90 Human Paladin
i think companies are trying to make superhero cartoons funny because they are desperate to attract new generations of fans to their franchises, and they are finding it difficult because every character is burdened with decades of backstory and literal weeks of 'required reading' to really get into the stories.

either way, it's going to be really jarring for these kids once they get to be teenagers and start reading the actual comics and realize that they are full with hideous, pointless violence, mistreatment of women for shock value, shoddy writing and other despicable things! ;p
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Nothing beats the old Batman and Superman TAS.

01/28/2013 02:45 PMPosted by Martana
reading the actual comics and realize that they are full with hideous, pointless violence, mistreatment of women for shock value, shoddy writing and other despicable things! ;p

You mean pure awesomeness?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
realize that they are full with hideous, pointless violence, mistreatment of women for shock value, shoddy writing and other despicable things! ;p

Sounds like the Internet to me.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
full with hideous, pointless violence, mistreatment of women for shock value, shoddy writing and other despicable things! ;p

lies and slander. serious super heros are legitimate american literary creations with all the merit of serious works of fiction. it is the public perception that they are for children and immature teenagers that has given rise this self fulfilling prophecy.
90 Human Paladin
erious super heros are legitimate american literary creations with all the merit of serious works of fiction. it is the public perception that they are for children and immature teenagers that has given rise this self fulfilling prophecy.

Example: Watchmen (the graphic novel, not the movie)
90 Blood Elf Warrior
sometimes i think i take comics waaaaay to seriously :D
90 Draenei Paladin
01/28/2013 01:27 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
They're cancelling Young Justice

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Feels like Spectacular Spiderman getting canned all over again. I really wish they'd start making shows like those aimed primarily at adults and young adults, and less of the super grim and gritty stuff that DC has been cranking out in the past few years.

lies and slander. serious super heros are legitimate american literary creations with all the merit of serious works of fiction. it is the public perception that they are for children and immature teenagers that has given rise this self fulfilling prophecy.

Eh. Most comic book stuff has about the same literary merit as romance novelas. Most of the content is purely fan-bait or publicity stunts.

Not that comics can't crank out some awesome story lines. But the characters tend to get held in the same kind of stasis that stagnates soap operas.
90 Draenei Paladin
01/28/2013 02:24 PMPosted by Idoma

they need to stop trying to make super heros funny. super heros are srs bsns. yes i know that sounds silly
and they need to stop thinking that kids will only like stuff if its comedy.

Most of the cartoons I use to watch really didn't have a comedic theme to them, and were quite a bit more serious.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]