Open Libram LXV: A Fury Divine

100 Draenei Paladin
01/21/2013 04:13 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
The hell guys.

To be honest, I haven't logged in for days, cause, well...

http://imgur.com/ARnAiBh

http://imgur.com/UdDIXMO

:D
100 Blood Elf Paladin
teh snows
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm finally a Scout in RBGs! About damn time, we don't run RBGs, like, ever. :(

So enough Conquest to replace some of my honor gear...do I prioritize the trinkets, or get rings/bracers/belt/boot/whatever?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
...Correction. Sergeant now.

Some team just ended up getting their warrior to queue up against us. It was very quick, very brutal.
100 Draenei Paladin
01/21/2013 09:01 PMPosted by Cayse
Though I'm doing a max all the skills thing again. Whole bunch of fully enchanted archery armor, and I'm running around hitting things with a base-level sword to level one-handed and block. >.>

It's really annoying being a jack-of-all-trades in that game due to required perks. (+x% one-handed damage and stuff like that.)

The perk system is done a lot better in the Fallout games then in Skyrim, in my opinion.
90 Dwarf Paladin
That's because Skyrim's system is a bastard hybridization of Fallout 3's/New Vegas' perk system and the more traditional skill systems of previous Elder Scrolls titles. It's a very inelegant marriage of the two and has, sadly, prevented me really getting into it. One of these days, when I'm not busy, maybe...Possibly on a Tuesday.
100 Draenei Paladin
01/21/2013 09:59 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
That's because Skyrim's system is a bastard hybridization of Fallout 3's/New Vegas' perk system and the more traditional skill systems of previous Elder Scrolls titles. It's a very inelegant marriage of the two and has, sadly, prevented me really getting into it. One of these days, when I'm not busy, maybe...Possibly on a Tuesday.

Oddly enough, they wanted people to experiment with different weapons and stuff rather then roll a new character. (Which is why they got rid of classes.)

The current perk system just makes rerolling a lot more tempting.
100 Draenei Paladin
Windlord down wooo, one shotted tonight ironically.

And I got Tier gloves to tinker with, eh.

So any tips on Amber Shaper for anyone who has done it? We made it to phase two, our Tanks are kinda fail in phase 1 and in Phase 2 you really do have to be careful you have a strike to interrupt the big Amber Blob guy with.

Fun fight though.

Haha! Welcome to the club :D

Bleh, my talents are wasted Tanking. :P

Of the grand total of three that I've ever done so far, Jade Temple was probably the most straight forward. The pulls for a timed run can easily get hairy, but the biggest danger seems to be the silence going out from the little sha.

Scarlet Halls is supposed to be one of the easier ones, but has some pretty ridiculous pulls and technical shenanigans with the buckets that can easily cause problems.

Cools, I'll look more into it. I think the group of wrangled will get to go this weekend.

01/21/2013 09:01 PMPosted by Cayse
or seeing who can eat more spiders in 60 seconds!

Wat!

D:

Spiders are adorable and eat annoying things.

01/21/2013 09:10 PMPosted by Graywalker
To be honest, I haven't logged in for days, cause, well...

Very jelly.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 1/21/2013 10:23 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
Windlord down wooo, one shotted tonight ironically.

And I got Tier gloves to tinker with, eh.

So any tips on Amber Shaper for anyone who has done it? We made it to phase two, our Tanks are kinda fail in phase 1 and in Phase 2 you really do have to be careful you have a strike to interrupt the big Amber Blob guy with.

Fun fight though.

Pray that one guy who can't tell his one key from his two key doesn't get amber shaped. The guy with latency issues is also on the list of people you don't want shaped.

Your tanks should be able to get to phase two after the second amber shaping, if the first one gets at least 7 stacks of the debuff up the second tank should be able to continue it and be popping out right as the add comes up. DPS needs to STOP when the player's at 20% health, a percent or two earlier if there's a lot of dots, shaped player needs to always know where their will power is.

designate one range to kill oozes, tank the encounter towards the middle of the room so as to keep the oozes in the middle for phase 3

Yell at people until they learn how to be the add, you cannot interrupt the big add if you are also exploding at the same time, priority is always interrupting your own explosion. The cast times are plenty long enough to interrupt both, this is one of those fights where you get a chance to access the brainpower of your raid since everyone eventually gets ambershaped.

Don't be afraid to have someone eat a puddle if the timers aren't matching up very well for the big add's explosion. Also don't be afraid to pop a raid cooldown if you can't interrupt one, its survivable, need to have someone keeping a close eye on timers

Fling wipes threat, whichever tanks gets flinged needs to taunt the add back to him, the tank tanking the boss also needs to keep threat on the add so the add doesn't wail on a melee after flinging the other tank.

balls to the wall in phase 3, anyone whose an add needs to be mashing their one key every time its off cooldown, that debuff stack needs to break 30, eat an ooze when willpower is around 40ish. Use raid cooldowns early, never know if they'll be up later. Tanks use personals if the fight goes on a bit longer

collect loot
Edited by Retsu on 1/21/2013 10:59 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
So two fun story times from this week.

Wind Lord, goes normally till people start screwing up around 7%ish, think they hit a wind bomb or something, but long story short I kited that mother(all the range died, so it was me and like 2 or 3 melee, which meant I was getting wind bombs placed on me) and we still killed him.

THEN THAT SAME NIGHT

Heroic Guardians. Its a bad attempt, third painting was horribly short of what we usually do, and again everyone starts dying, including the off tank around 4 or 5%, so I get all three dogs, which is typically a insta wipe on heroic. BUT NOT THIS TIME. I pop Guardian and Avenger and start wailing on them with more Vengeance than should be allowed and kill them with one Warlock still alive.

Fun times. Also I got to talk soooo much !@#$ to my raid that night. Screw Healers I don't need em!
Edited by Retsu on 1/21/2013 11:11 PM PST
GL (Guild Mama) said I can do what I want. Yayz!
100 Draenei Paladin
01/21/2013 10:52 PMPosted by Retsu
priority is always interrupting your own explosion.

I was under the impression that the Monstrosities explosion did more damage?
100 Human Paladin
i might have to buy myself a sun-lute of the phoenix king at some point - if i'm going to be stuck with a 2h axe for a while, it might as well be xmogged into something righteous.
90 Dwarf Paladin
01/22/2013 12:57 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
priority is always interrupting your own explosion.

I was under the impression that the Monstrosities explosion did more damage?

While it may do more damage to the boss, it also damages the raid, which is the bigger issue. At least from what I've seen in LFR, morons driving those things were the biggest cause of wipes. Get too many monsters running around that can't interrupt themselves and healers are gonna have a hell of a time keeping the raid alive long enough to kill the boss.
100 Human Paladin
Morning Pally Crew

Dat starcraft trailer

Why hasnt Blizz made a CGI movie yet?
90 Dwarf Paladin
Because they're far too busy finding new and interesting ways in which to nerf Paladins?
100 Human Paladin
Clearly their spite for our class trumps all other things.
90 Dwarf Paladin
It's a full time job to keep up with, keeping the Paladins down.
Edited by Grôgnárd on 1/22/2013 8:47 AM PST
100 Human Paladin
I know, its tough for one man to do alone, GC had to get the rest of Blizzard to help him
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/22/2013 08:22 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
Dat starcraft trailer

They have a new trailer?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]