Open Libram LXV: A Fury Divine

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sony stopped doing backwards compatibility to save money because they want to improve the graphics of old ps2 games like FFX (can't wait btw) and put them on the playstation store.

Had so much fun with my gameboy pocket, I remember a bunch of kids standing behind me trying to watch me play only to tell them to scram because they were blocking out the light. Only thing that pisses me off with the DSlite and the other variations are the crappy L&R buttons. Demolished 2-3 of them because of the crappy buttons. Still love my PSP.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Stupid game keeps disconnecting me tonight. -.-
100 Draenei Paladin
01/22/2013 05:17 PMPosted by Elidra
Older Nintendo stuff was made of Nintendium, it's true. Unfortunately, supplies seem to be running low.

Oh they're still durable little buggers, Nintendo itself has just changed over the years. The Wii saw an abandonment of their core fans for the more profitable casual crowd.

Although I have nothing against that, gaming needs to broaden it's horizon's if it's going to evolve and move forward and look how fast Sony and Microsoft tried to jump on that train.

But they could have kept some love for their die hard fans from the days of old.

They actually said once that they wouldn't release some games in America slated for release in Japan because they didn't view the Wii as a hardcore gaming console here.

Simply stupid, although I think the titles were eventually released here anyway. That Chrono game was one of them.

Maybe the WiiU will be different, I don't know. My days of console gaming are mostly done. I may try to scrounge up the cash for a WiiU when the next Zelda title hits it.

I also hate how Nintendo keeps popping out new handhelds like they're Iphones or something.

01/22/2013 07:08 PMPosted by Aglaea
Still love my PSP.

I bought one of the original PSP's ages ago just so I could play the remake of Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete.

Probably my favorite and most cherished RPG when I was younger, but we all know how that goes. I couldn't get through more then a couple hours of Lunar this time around, some things just aren't the same when you get older.

I still have a copy of Lunar 2: Eternal Blue that's never been played either, that was actually why I got the old Lunar 1 to replay it in preparation for tackling Lunar 2 after finding a copy.

/nostalgia
Edited by Cadenbrie on 1/22/2013 7:19 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/22/2013 07:16 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Maybe the WiiU will be different, I don't know. My days of console gaming are mostly done. I may try to scrounge up the cash for a WiiU when the next Zelda title hits it.

Won't be worth it for me until Metroid, F-Zero, or Smash Bros.

Hoping for Baten Kaitos may be too much.
100 Draenei Paladin
Screw you Will of the Emperor I did not want your freaking pants with my bonus roll!!

Although I guess I could switch out to Tier Gloves and put the pants on but still it's a very minor side grade.

Normal Trinket want!

01/22/2013 08:05 PMPosted by Elidra
or Smash Bros.

Ooooooh. Forgot about that one, that will be worth it too.

Never played much F-Zero but I love a well done fun racing game. Mario Kart will be another seller as always.

I have yet to really play the Metroid games, although I want too. I need to get on that sometime.

But Zelda is the real deal maker for me on any Nintendo console.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 1/22/2013 10:16 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They've said one of the reasons they haven't made another F-Zero is that they can't improve on perfection.

However, if the WiiU can't play GCN games, that excuse no longer holds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NykwMrJuDyw
100 Human Paladin
so while i was sleeping on sunday my raid cleared mogushan vaults, and we cleared it again tonight while i was there! so probably after this week or next week we'll just not do it any more, which is just fine for me because i hate the place. ;p
90 Dwarf Paladin
DP could work baseline, but not as a chance proc; if it were PPM more like Killing Machine or Rime (at least how they used to be), it'd average out a lot better, I think.

Still, pain the neck, though.
100 Blood Elf Paladin

Also, I feel like I have to make a big post about why baseline DP is a bad idea. I haven't heard a good argument for it yet and I hate some of these people who keep pushing it like it's some incredible and obvious change, not realizing what it would actually do to our DPS. There's this thought that more procs = more DPS!!1! and it's simple as that, but it just doesn't work that way.

I like how they all bandwagon onto the new change that's gonna save rets from being a broken spec and will turn them into better players

But at least the Inq threads are dying out with this new DP jazz.

I haven't seen Angi in a while. Perhaps she'll show up and claim that baseline DP is a miracle sparked from her own complaints of rets low sustain.
100 Draenei Paladin
Leveling my Frost DK, I had forgotten how simple and powerful their AoE damage is, by comparison it does make Ret's feel almost lacking.

01/22/2013 10:48 PMPosted by Elidra
However, if the WiiU can't play GCN games

That's a good question, I wonder if it can....

01/22/2013 10:55 PMPosted by Martana
so probably after this week or next week we'll just not do it any more

We were going to wait and drop Vaults from our raid schedule when we had HoF on full farm but it may end up being sooner. I'm one of the few people left who can take an upgrade out of there and that's just an upgraded form of my current trinket.

01/22/2013 11:43 PMPosted by Lobster
I'll have to post pictures soon. :P

I was wondering where you vanished too, trying to pull an Art or something.

Pics, post, do.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 1/23/2013 1:07 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
To play devil's advocate, the reason why a baseline DP could theoretically work in today's environment is that instead of being procced off everything, it only procs off finishers, resulting in a much smoother rotation and DP being more of a bonus and less a "Daw, shii, I GOTTA hit TV or else."

Now, only problem is, it'd still be something they'd have to balance around including the talents available in that tier, and the RNG coupled with that as well as Exo procs? Ngeh.

I do love the talent for tanking though. DP always feels like good times, and I like how I can decide what to use the streaks on with WoG or SotR; call me a witch, but I prefer it over HA for that reason.
100 Draenei Paladin
01/22/2013 10:15 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Screw you Will of the Emperor I did not want your freaking pants with my bonus roll!!

Heh, I think I've gotten those pants the last two bonus rolls I've done on Will. It's like, "it's rolling! it's rolling! oh yeah I got loot! ... @#$%, pants again."

01/23/2013 03:26 AMPosted by Jackishi
To play devil's advocate, the reason why a baseline DP could theoretically work in today's environment is that instead of being procced off everything, it only procs off finishers, resulting in a much smoother rotation and DP being more of a bonus and less a "Daw, shii, I GOTTA hit TV or else."

Eh. Even the current incarnation of DP is incredibly streaky. Which seems to be the biggest complaint about it. I think it's in a fairly good place at the moment, as a choice. Although numerically it's not a particularly great choice.
Edited by Snozberries on 1/23/2013 6:40 AM PST
90 Tauren Paladin
So are these threads just used as a personal blog?

What's even the point of them?
90 Dwarf Paladin
01/23/2013 12:19 AMPosted by Lobster
@Grog: If DP were reworked into something like that it would be a better idea. At the same time, I don't think ret needs a baseline mechanic to adjust its DPS. If they wanted to up our sustained damage they could EASILY tweak some our current abilities instead of wreck our fluid rotation. Ret's gone through enough drastic changes for a while...

I agree we don't need DP to go baseline; I'm just thinking that a PPM system would be the best way of reintegrating it into the spec if it were to happen.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So are these threads just used as a personal blog?

What's even the point of them?

It's the General chat of the Paladin forums, without the awfulness of General Chat nor the awfulness (usually) of the Paladin forums.

Also, ran 2nd part of Nightmare of Shek'Zeer...AND FINALLY GOT MY TIER GLOVES I'M FULL 4 PIECE YAAAY. No helm off Sha for transmog or trinket, so I'm still stuck with Chromium (grr), but at least I've finally gotten that blasted four piece.

You know, I just realized I'm a week away from completing the Valor part of the legendary chain, and we have a group ready to complete the rest of it. With the Prismatic socket in the equation, is N Starshatter fully upgraded still superior to a fully upgraded LFR Shin'ka with Sha and Str gem?
Edited by Jackishi on 1/23/2013 7:50 AM PST
100 Human Paladin
Morning Pally Crew

Also, I feel like I have to make a big post about why baseline DP is a bad idea. I haven't heard a good argument for it yet and I hate some of these people who keep pushing it like it's some incredible and obvious change, not realizing what it would actually do to our DPS. There's this thought that more procs = more DPS!!1! and it's simple as that, but it just doesn't work that way.

WB Lobster. Dont know how this current kick of "DP will magicaly fix us" got off to a star, but its pretty irritating. RNG never solved anything

BTW Lobster http://comic-con.org/wca , you should go.

Signed up for Elder Scrolls Online Beta, chances of getting in were "Excellent". We'll see if thats true or if everyone gets that.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]