Open Libram LXV: A Fury Divine

90 Draenei Paladin
Only from people jumping to conclusions without reading the whole thing. 25 mans dieing is a problem.

I certainly agree, but it'll still spawn a bunch of vitriolic knee-jerk reactions.

It's basically elite gear like off the first boss in TES, except as an rng drop. I wonder if bonus rolls will aslo have a chance for the stuff. Would make rolling on bosses you already have normal gear from more attractive at least.
90 Human Paladin
01/23/2013 11:37 AMPosted by Ravicana
502 makes it a pretty small upgrade over current 496 normal-mode drops, and not an upgrade at all for 2/2 upgraded items. So a Normal-mode raider should feel very little pressure to do LFR, unless there's an item much better itemized than its t14 counterpart and they have bad luck with drops in their guild raids. A Heroic-mode raider will find no upgrades at all in LFR, which seems appropriate.

Set bonuses! Always the set bonuses.
90 Draenei Paladin
01/23/2013 11:32 AMPosted by Jackishi
But yeah. It's gonna be reaaaaaly dumb if you do all that work just to have an outdated gem and socket

Yep, but that will likely be the case.

01/23/2013 11:32 AMPosted by Jackishi
(which is gonna make Jewelcrafters real happy, I'm sure).

So the Legendary Meta replaces the standard meta then? I was kinda hoping it would be a bonus meta, not a replacement.

Yeah they're just reaming JC's this expansion, Meta's are our only profitable product and now that's out the window. Partially at least.

Grab your umbrellas, pallies. We're in for a !@#$storm.

I was hoping this would stay out of the Libram...
Edited by Cadenbrie on 1/23/2013 11:51 AM PST
90 Human Paladin
One day I'll be a good tank.

One day.
90 Draenei Paladin
How have I not listened to this awesome music until now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6mU7wCWGQ0

One day I'll be a good tank.

One day.

Not with that tabard, Karob.

The Scarlet Crusade is dead!
Edited by Astaeri on 1/23/2013 12:00 PM PST
90 Draenei Paladin
01/23/2013 11:57 AMPosted by Astaeri
The Scarlet Crusade is dead!

I don't know, every time we think it's dead it kinda spasms and twitches back into the game for one more dungeon/questline or something.

Sad really, the very original Scarlet Crusade before it was essentially taken over by a Dreadlord was quite the noble and awesome affair.

Like an Argent Crusade with balIs.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 1/23/2013 12:03 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
01/23/2013 11:38 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
Set bonuses! Always the set bonuses.

True, but that was gonna happen no matter what ilvl they put the LFR t15 at.
90 Human Paladin
01/23/2013 12:02 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Like an Argent Crusade with balIs.

Indeed, if they wernt crazy, they would have taken care of the Undercity a while ago
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/23/2013 11:27 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
Outdated gear is outdated gear, what does it matter?

Because 5.0 content may not be outdated with 5.2.. with the ilvl progression, we may need to keep doing this content in order to have the gear for T15 raids.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/23/2013 11:33 AMPosted by Snozberries
You’ll now see a 5.2 raid item of LFR quality at item level 502, the same item in Normal quality at item level 522, the item in Normal Thunderforged quality at item level 528, the Heroic version of the item at level 535, and the Heroic Thunderforged version of the item at level 541.

It seems pretty excessive to have one tier span 39 ilvls. They keep complaining about stat inflation and then they pull this !@#$. A heroic Thunderforged weapon will be almost twice as good as a LFR one.
90 Human Paladin
01/23/2013 12:56 PMPosted by Elidra
It seems pretty excessive to have one tier span 39 ilvls. They keep complaining about stat inflation and then they pull this !@#$. A heroic Thunderforged weapon will be almost twice as good as a LFR one.

Well, our current tier spans 41 ilvls. 476 MSV LFR -> 517 upgraded heroic HoF/ToES.

The Thunderforged thing looks to be a different approach to the idea of item upgrading. You can get slightly better versions of the same items by playing more, but luck-based (and normal/heroic raid gear only) rather than point-based.

I dunno about the Thunderforged stuff, though. That sounds like a really great way to make people hate random drops even more.
Edited by Ravicana on 1/23/2013 1:08 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
Indeed

"Woo we got X to drop, but its not Thunderforged, boooo"
90 Blood Elf Paladin
39 levels is normal, post-hardmode introduction. Every difficulty is one tier jump, and a tier has been 13 levels for a pretty long time now, which is part of the problem. (along with the random couple ilvl that tends to be tacked onto tier-ending bosses)

With ilvl so high, a tier jump has to be fairly decent to make it worth changing for the average person. I use one of my pvp rings in my pve set, because upgraded it's 491, and I'm very close to upgrading the other one to replace the 489 pve ring. There's 496 options I could get, but I simply don't give a damn about 5 ilvl, and the pvp rings are just pretty well itemized compared to the pve ones.
90 Tauren Paladin
Curse you, paint tool sai! Why won't you let me save my PSD files as a different format?! D:
90 Draenei Paladin
At this rate they really will have to do the crunch next expansion.

/random

Red onions are best onions, at least on homemade turkey burgers.
90 Human Paladin
Interesting things abound on MMO champ, looks like they're bring the BC smithing weapons back

And they have the stats for the legendary meta gems, they all give stam, but have a different on hit ability

Melee one says it grants "Capacitance" whatever that effect is.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/95346-capacitive-primal-diamond
Edited by Paladinchaz on 1/23/2013 1:55 PM PST
90 Draenei Paladin
01/23/2013 01:53 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
Interesting things abound on MMO champ, looks like they're bring the BC smithing weapons back

That's been out for awhile, are they actually the originals or new upgraded forms?

01/23/2013 01:53 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
Melee one says it grants "Capacitance" whatever that effect is.

At a glance that doesn't make me want to give up my basic Meta.
90 Human Paladin
Its strange they made all the metas give stam, thought there would be one for each primary stat.

But theres also a legendary PVP meta

The smithing patterns look like they're 'upgrades' I guess, they're taking MoP smithing mats
90 Human Paladin
Ooh, are those Mantid relics? Having only two branches for RKLOG did seem pretty sparse. That would be cool.

The BC smithing weapons have been in the data for a while, but I haven't seen anything yet to indicate if it's the original level 70 weapons, or updated level 90 versions, or transmog-only versions, or what.

Edit: All the tooltips list the next tier up, which is weird. "Blazeguard, Reborn" talks about Blazefury, for example.
Edited by Ravicana on 1/23/2013 2:07 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/23/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
At this rate they really will have to do the crunch next expansion.

I honestly don't know if they'll ever do it, it's a really massive undertaking in a gear-based MMO like this, and it won't really accomplish much. A huge amount of our stat bloat came from base health, compared to what gear gives, gear just isn't as big a factor.

01/23/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Red onions are best onions, at least on homemade turkey burgers.

Red onions on my Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich. Woo!

And they have the stats for the legendary meta gems, they all give stam, but have a different on hit ability

The gems weirdly look pvp-centric, even though there is a resil/power one. Some of the new stuff and blogged changes just seem bizarre, but they're also almost completely lacking context and there could be some significant placeholdering or datamining errors going on, like spells for crafting the new BS weapons, but the weapons themselves apparently not existing.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]