Will of the Emp Magnitize

100 Night Elf Druid
We're working on H Will and I keep getting bounced between the bosses. It's happening almost every attempt, I've tried Shadowmelding when they come out (I'm healing with a priest and he's fading when they come out). Also I try to stand towards the back well away from where the bosses when they come out. Any advice?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Don't heal with HoTs for like 3 seconds before or after the big guys come out.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Tried that. Got yanked all the way across the freaking room.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Unless you're out-threating your tanks, there's really no way to get Magnetized other than being the closest person to either boss when they spawn.

I don't understand how you're consistently having this happen to you.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Neither do we. It happened to our mage once. He was nowhere near the boss and he hadn't touched the boss at all.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
So much irony. My healing partner's computer crashed just as the second set of Rages came out so I was popping cooldowns and healing like crazy. Of course there were no pink beams of frustration that attempt. Everything went flawlessly lol
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
So despite two more pulls where I got bounced around well after the tanks had picked up the bosses and pulled them towards the back of the room and another pull where they yanked my partner out of his Fade to bounce him around as well things came together tonight and I'm happy to report we got H Will down for the first time. The last four pulls there was no yanking, I have no idea what changed or why it stopped.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
01/23/2013 11:18 PMPosted by Zyleia
H Will down for the first time. The last four pulls there was no yanking, I have no idea what changed or why it stopped

Gratz. Would imagine your tanks started taunting quicker.
Reply Quote
I've had this several times as well on normal will. The shaman I heal with hasn't mentioned it. For me, it occurs about 5-10 seconds after the bosses come out, tanks have already taunted and are moving the bosses to their positions. I get bounced to one 4-5 times trying to run away (my tank is right next to him retaunting away>>)and then finally he gives up.

I was absolutely not the closest person to the boss when they entered nor in a few of those attempts had I even healed the tank closest to that boss yet.

It seems completely random to me, occurring about 5% of our pulls.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
01/24/2013 12:00 PMPosted by Jammira
it occurs about 5-10 seconds after the bosses come out, tanks have already taunted and are moving the bosses to their positions.

Yep, this. Our tanks always pick the bosses up immediately, it's well after they start moving them that I get bounced around. It rarely happened on normal but it occurred during at least half of our pulls last night.

Oh well, I was posting with a bit of desperation last night just in case anyone had useful advice. I guess I'll just hope it doesn't happen next week.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I've had this several times as well on normal will. The shaman I heal with hasn't mentioned it. For me, it occurs about 5-10 seconds after the bosses come out, tanks have already taunted and are moving the bosses to their positions. I get bounced to one 4-5 times trying to run away (my tank is right next to him retaunting away>>)and then finally he gives up.

I was absolutely not the closest person to the boss when they entered nor in a few of those attempts had I even healed the tank closest to that boss yet.

It seems completely random to me, occurring about 5% of our pulls.

This has happened to me too. Happened as shadow once, happened as disc once.
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock
It happens to my druid every so often. HoTs have been ongoing of course because of the aura. But since it's still very early in the fight, there usually isn't a problem.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
01/23/2013 09:03 PMPosted by Qùess
Unless you're out-threating your tanks

This
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]