LFR boss counter, bring it back

90 Tauren Druid
why in the world would this go away. I like knowing how many bosses are up/down before entering

Nothing more frustrating sitting in que for 30+ mins to get last boss. then have to sit in another que for 30+mins, hoping it doesnt happen again.

give us the option to except the lfr
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
The reason it went away is because having it had no tangible benefits.

Whether it shows you the number or not you still sat through the 30 minute que. No matter what it says it is either a full clear or you have to sit in another que. But if you go into a partially completed que you have a higher chance of being put in a fresh que afterwards. Which actually saves you time as opposed to que fishing until its fresh from the start.

TL:DR The players were shown to not know how to properly handle being shown the progression and were literally wasting their own time and everyone elses by que fishing.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Just to drive the point from the above home, it is faster to finish the partial run and queue a second time than to queue fish. You kill each boss once in both cases, but when you queue fish you have to sit in the queue an indefinite number of times, but if you just take the partial clear you sit in queue at most two times unless you are phenomenally unlucky.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
If you queued up, saw that 2/6 or whatever and rejected it, wouldn't you be stuck in another half hour queue anyway?
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Mage
The counter was removed because of people like you who are too selfish and just want fresh runs god knows why.

With the amount of time you spent in the queue denying anything thats not fresh anyway, you already have to go through way more than 2 queues. So this is actually benefical to you.
Reply Quote
11 Troll Hunter
You know what i want? A button to toggle to prefer to go into a dungeon or LFR in progress. Theres all them guys who want a fresh run, but i love to go into the daily dungeon and the LFRs ive outgeared where the group is on the last boss. Let the OP have his fresh run, ill take the last boss runs. Valor N go. If there arrent any like that available, toss me in a fresh one.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
maybe i dont want to run lfrs all day when i could just see how many bosses are down. if i only want last boss. or fresh run. I should be able to choose. I actually liked the choice, since i que heals.

dpsers are the reason the counter is gone. because they cryed because tanks/heals could que dodge.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Yeah I'm sure you loved the choice, rejecting any que that didn't fit what you wanted.

dpsers are the reason the counter is gone. because they cryed because tanks/heals could que dodge.

Thanks for confirming this was a troll thread.
Edited by Naumu on 1/25/2013 3:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
maybe i dont want to run lfrs all day when i could just see how many bosses are down. if i only want last boss. or fresh run. I should be able to choose. I actually liked the choice, since i que heals.

No, that isn't the reason. The reason was that people were wasting their time and the time of people in LFR because they thought they'd get done faster if they queue dodged. In almost all cases, you were actually spending more time in queue by queue dodging.

Lets say you wanted to kill all three bosses.

With queue dodging:

Wait in queue-->decline 2/3 run it gave you
Wait in queue again-->decline 2/3 run it gave you
Wait in queue a third time-->accept fresh run
Kill 3 bosses.
Time Spent: 3 queues, 3 bosses

Without queue dodging:

Wait in queue-->Accept 2/3 run it gave you
Kill one boss
Wait in queue-->Accept virtually guaranteed fresh run it gave you
Kill two bosses
Time spent: 2 queues, 3 bosses.

Hrrm, which one is faster? And that is ignoring the fact that it might have taken eight queues with queue dodging to get a fresh one.
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Mage

Maybe you shouldn't have queue dodged so much.

My heart aches for you.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I'm gonna have to go ahead and ahh, disagree with you there OP.

Before the change, I pretty much had to run every LFR twice. Since the change went in, I have not gotten 1 partial run.

So yeah, I'm loving the no boss counter thing, sorry you don't.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
What I think is overlooked more is the trickle down effect of queue dodging. If a group consists of a few skilled players and a couple AFKers and a lot of bad players, it might get stuck on Will of the Emperor in LFR (hurr durr, target switching to adds is hard). If some people drop after a wipe, they'll wait for more. You come along and get a 2/3 queue and say "oh hell naw, not worth my time." They continue to wait and very slowly fill up, only to wipe again. Eventually the group will disband, not having finished the instance.

Then all of these players jump back into the queue. Several of them may end up in that 0/3 queue you finally got! Huzzah! Until you get to Will of the Emperor, wipe again, and then drop group, coming back here to create a thread complaining that people need to stay out of your LFR if they can't keep up.

Of course, it doesn't treat the problem of wiping in general, but this at least reduces the overall amount of times people sit in queues. For the record, I very rarely drop group if we wipe in LFR. Only if it's something like a tank griefer or like we hit enrage at 50%.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I did some que-fishing during Cata on my healers and learned fairly quickly that even as a healer, with almost no wait time for a que to pop, that it was generally faster to just accept the first instance I was given and reque for the fresh run after. I can't imagine waiting 30 mins as a dps only to decline and reque for another half hour.

I remember more than once sitting on Madness for 20+ mins because healers continuously declined the 3/4 que. By removing the Bosses Killed display Blizz streamlined the LFR que a bit and it now prevents all those people that are bad at math from declining/requeing over and over.

For two of my three 90's though I wish I would stop getting fresh runs every time XD
Edited by Gatoddy on 1/25/2013 3:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Nothing more frustrating sitting in que for 30+ mins to get last boss. then have to sit in another que for 30+mins, hoping it doesnt happen again.

Except maybe sitting in a 30 min queue, declining 2/3, then sitting in another, declining 2/3 etc... then complaining that you sat in queues all day, vs just doing 2 queues, since the system works streamlined now, so you don't get those 45 mins waiting on 2 healers at Garalon, that was all too evident when queue phishing was happening (so badly, it was giving people with clears 2/3 queues, which is really bad)
Reply Quote
80 Human Warrior
The so called solution is the actual problem just people are to stupid to see this.....

Player X ques up dps 40-60mins later he enters YAY!!
oh crap 4/6 bosses : (... so he stays kills the final 2 bosses and leaves then reques....

40-60mins later lil player X gets in YAY! fresh run (example) so player X starts pwning endless pointless trash almost falls asleep doing so gets to the 4th boss kills him and leaves...(because he already killed the last 2 bosses)

NOW!! he leaves that means some other poor soul enters 4/6 and the cycle repeats itself..

fix it so people can see! stop the dumb cycle!

me personally i think it would be better to call the group a fail have them reque than have 5-15 people leaving and screwing up another 5-15 raid groups......

common sense
Edited by Zinrokh on 2/14/2013 7:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
02/14/2013 07:05 PMPosted by Zinrokh
me personally i think it would be better to call the group a fail have them reque than have 5-15 people leaving and screwing up another 5-15 raid groups......

so because 1 tank decided he did not need loot or valor from Empress, 24 other people should be forced to start again?
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
The so called solution is the actual problem just people are to stupid to see this.....

Player X ques up dps 40-60mins later he enters YAY!!
oh crap 4/6 bosses : (... so he stays kills the final 2 bosses and leaves then reques....

40-60mins later lil player X gets in YAY! fresh run (example) so player X starts pwning endless pointless trash almost falls asleep doing so gets to the 4th boss kills him and leaves...(because he already killed the last 2 bosses)

NOW!! he leaves that means some other poor soul enters 4/6 and the cycle repeats itself..

fix it so people can see! stop the dumb cycle!

common sense

The problem with your argument is that the trigger point wasnt increased by this change - those who were the first to leave and start the cycle are the same whether boss numbers are shown or not, someone always came in on those partial queues it just might not have been you because you declined the partial runs and those same people may have left when they came back and did 2 bosses so this did not create the problem.

Being able to see partial runs has no impact on the necessity of people having to do partial runs. The only way to reduced the number of partial runs is to increase the benefit of completing a run if you do not need the end bosses this would then take the trigger volume which is unchanged and reduce it as people choose to stay rather than maintaining this volume.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
It's shoving players in and giving them deserter if they bail out on a partial run. Harsh, but effective.

It's because players have refused to learn that completing an LFR run guarantees you a fresh one the next time. They would dodge queues looking for a 0/x run, and complain endlessly that they couldn't get one.
Edited by Breathkeeper on 2/15/2013 11:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
02/15/2013 09:14 AMPosted by Breathkeeper
It's because players have refused to learn that completing an LFR run guarantees you a fresh one the next time. They would dodge queues looking for a 0/x run, and complain endlessly that they couldn't get one.

I still think they need to put a dialog box up with this when they enter a partial run that cant be closed out for 10s so they read it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]