Target Dummies

90 Pandaren Monk
They should die and have to respawn! I hate that they're always "tapped" and never lose a single bit of health. Some classes have mechanics that depend on the target's health. Hunters can have TOP notch DPS numbers for hours just killing a target dummy. Other classes can't practice using their execute abilities within rotation. I know the best of players do great without the practice, but still. I think all target dummies (with 750 million health, it would take a top notch dps HOURS to kill one alone) should "die" and after a minute, come back at full health. Is it really that bad!

Warriors should be able to Execute, Assassination Rogues should be able to Dispatch, Shadow Priests should be able to Shadow Word: Death, Hunters should be able to not have their DPS false because their Steady/Cobra/Aimed Shots crit basically like 90%+ of the time and be able to use Kill Shot. It just makes sense that target dummies would HELP more! There could even be Target dummies with the same or close to the amount of health as actual Raid bosses that guilds can "practice" group dps on to see how long it would take them to down a boss (with very little accuracy, but it could help weed out the REALLY bad dps who can't even pull good numbers without worrying about mechanics to avoid/follow).

Just think about it!
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Troll Priest
Target dummies are not meant to be the be all end all of your DPS, it's just a guide.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Execute type abilities do absolutely nothing but inflate numbers, there is no point into focusing on them unless you want misleading numbers.

It's the same reason why MM Hunters get inconsistent data as their numbers are skewed by Careful Aim.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I remember someone saying on here that you can level your toon with them=)
Reply Quote
Gnomes.
Gnomes make great target dummies.... :D
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Nah, but WTB Healing Dummies for all the Healers that spam trade chat looking for someone to test their healing on.
Edited by Vèngeance on 1/21/2013 12:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
I wish they had target dummies at all levels. It might give the annoying twinks something else to do than making LK and Cata pugs miserable for the rest of us.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
01/21/2013 12:49 PMPosted by Raziya
Target dummies are not meant to be the be all end all of your DPS, it's just a guide.

01/21/2013 12:56 PMPosted by Kizbo
Quit calling me dummie!

Gnomes.
Gnomes make great target dummies.... :D

lol
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
01/21/2013 01:01 PMPosted by Worblehat
I wish they had target dummies at all levels. It might give the annoying twinks something else to do than making LK and Cata pugs miserable for the rest of us.

You don't understand, man, I *need* that gear you rolled on! I know you want it for transmog, but it's totally a legitimate upgrade for me!
Reply Quote
37 Human Priest
You used to be able to kill them in Wrath, they just had extremely high health regen. It was a fun community type thing that occurred every so often.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]