Your views on ERP?

40 Pandaren Warrior
Seems to be a heavily controversial topic on rp servers why is that?
Reply Quote
22 Undead Warlock
People are prudes. As long as they aren't doing it in the middle of Stormwind, I don't see a problem.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
If it advances the plot, why the hell not?

If it's so you can get your 'fix', hell no.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I think ERP became an issue when Goldshire ultimately took a turn for the worst-atleast, on MG.

As long as it's private idgaf.
Reply Quote
45 Gnome Warlock
01/21/2013 02:28 PMPosted by Srdotsalot
People are prudes. As long as they aren't doing it in the middle of Stormwind, I don't see a problem.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
ERPing for ERP's sake, not so much, but then it is fun too.

If it continues the story, it's a plus.

But while maintaining a loving relationship in game, priceless.

(And yes, it's best in private)
Edited by Cyaer on 1/21/2013 4:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
01/21/2013 02:34 PMPosted by Roewn
Reply Quote
If it advances the story line. Good.

If it doesn't and is solely just for one's fantasy fetish. That is none of of my business =)
Reply Quote
26 Night Elf Hunter
I think, like all others, is it's better in private, and aslong as it's not for. . . ummm your own purposes in real life, then it's fine.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
As long as it's done in private, in whisper, knock yourself out.
Reply Quote
39 Night Elf Priest
01/21/2013 02:34 PMPosted by Roewn
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
ERPing for ERP's sake, not so much, but then it is fun too.

If it continues the story, it's a plus.

But while maintaining a loving relationship in game, priceless.

(And yes, it's best in private)
Edited by Veptember on 1/21/2013 6:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I sometimes get bored and go to an rp server to mess around, and it is not uncommon at all that I get bombarded with whispers of erp stuff, sometimes going into great detail of "what they are doing to me" gotta admit it creeps me the hell out, but I usually politely say that I am not interest in erp, and 9/10 times they apologize and go on to I'm assuming whispering another random person...the 1/10 times they do not I just put them on ignore and move on,

I do think people should do a common curtisy and ask if the person erps before diving right into a full blown erp in the first message, something like whispering "((erp?))"" rather then "I begin nibbling on your neck as I <censored> on your <censored>, then I <censored> softly, I begin to shake as you <censored> <censored> <censored>, then place a gold piece in your hand and slap you on the <censored>, and wink at you, ; thank you for your time." yea, the latter for first message is creepy to those of us not interested in erp, but I'm fine with what people do on their own, just ask before you get carried away
Reply Quote
74 Blood Elf Paladin
As stated above, as long as it is in private, it's no skin off my back. I pay my $15 a month. I don't pay for the rest of the wow community and it's their money to do with what they will in private or whisper.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I sometimes get bored and go to an rp server to mess around, and it is not uncommon at all that I get bombarded with whispers of erp stuff, sometimes going into great detail of "what they are doing to me" gotta admit it creeps me the hell out, but I usually politely say that I am not interest in erp, and 9/10 times they apologize and go on to I'm assuming whispering another random person...the 1/10 times they do not I just put them on ignore and move on,

I do think people should do a common curtisy and ask if the person erps before diving right into a full blown erp in the first message, something like whispering "((erp?))"" rather then "I begin nibbling on your neck as I <censored> on your <censored>, then I <censored> softly, I begin to shake as you <censored> <censored> <censored>, then place a gold piece in your hand and slap you on the <censored>, and wink at you, ; thank you for your time." yea, the latter for first message is creepy to those of us not interested in erp, but I'm fine with what people do on their own, just ask before you get carried away

I'm pretty sure I just died laughing xD
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Do. Not. Care.

I don't care if you cyber and call it ERP. Not my business. I do find it funny that the person you're erping with is probably not the age or gender they claim to be.

I don't care if you ERP as part of character story and just prefer to fully RP out that aspect of your relationship with somebody. Some people get -really- immersed in their RP.

People have asked me and I politely decline. Then again I also politely decline in character relationships, even those of the "fade to black" variety. But I know plenty of absolutely fantastic RPers who do use ERP in a more "legitimate" full immersion thing, and I have no problem with it or opinion on it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
*shrug*
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
What happens in whispers, stays in whispers.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
As previously stated, if you do it in private I'm not particularly inclined to care. It's your business and none of mine.

However with that said if you're being a moron and doing it say in the middle of a tavern I think it's time for a lecture in how bans are made..

"See kids when a Report and GM love each other veerrryy much..."
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Sex on screen is absolutely unnecessary. Playing up to the point of explicit events starting is tolerable, but if both hands are not on the keyboard then you're not RPing you are !@#$%^-*!ing. Adults can oocly discuss if there is something notable going on. I wonder if anyone plays a character with erectile dysfunction.

That being said, if people want to have text sex, they can go right ahead and do so privately. But if I see it or worse I get propositioned, there will be reports.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]