Make seals => strikes

90 Human Paladin
Devs complain to us about never using different seals. Problem is for us to switch and use another seal we lose 3s on GCDs.
Get rid of the seal system altogether. It's archiac and useless. I don't think anyone would be sad to see it go.
Make Censure and Burden of Guilt baseline for Rets.

Vengeful Blow 3HP = Replaces Templar's Verdict. Refreshes Inquisition. Hardest hitter.
Righteous Blow 2HP = Replaces Seal of Righteousness. AOE Strike but hits alot harder then righteous.
Zealous Blow 2HP= Replaces Seal of Insight = Converts 75% of dmg = healing. Healing your teammates for 30% of dmg. (tune accordingly)
Vindictive Blow 2HP = Replaces Seal of Justice = Places a stacking Mana Dot on healings that sucks their mana.
Thunderous Blow 5hp = Knocks the target 20yards away from the paladin with knockdown effect.

They want us to use more then one offensive ability. There you go. Get rid of seals. Let us use our offensive abilities in a more creative and situational way. No other melee has to switch a 'stance' and swing to use abilities more creatively and effectively (maybe feral but they have no GCD - cyclone, cyclone, cyclone).

Look I'm not sure about how to tune this but the idea is sound. You want us to use seals...make it easy for us and make then one shot abilities like every other class. This will also help us mix it up when our big guns are down.

Work in progress, I'm open to constructive criticism but if you're going to hate...just go elsewhere.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Get rid of the seal system altogether. It's archiac and useless. I don't think anyone would be sad to see it go.

If people were sad to see Auras go long after they were marginalized into nigh-uselessness, yes, people will be sad to see Seals go too.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I want my auras back :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/22/2013 12:27 PMPosted by Keten

If people were sad to see Auras go long after they were marginalized into nigh-uselessness, yes, people will be sad to see Seals go too.

I thought auras were a cool idea. Problem is if they were almost useless we could be nigh immune to one type of damage and it would OP in PVP and PvE.

I would like auras to return in the form of short 20s shields against certain magic types - Sorta the anti burst (grp divine protection) for times of heavy dmg. (i.e. the anti burst).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Nah, I just want the GCD gone on them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I miss my auras especially crusader "Whose the jackass with crusader up"
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/22/2013 01:03 PMPosted by Aglaea
I miss my auras especially crusader "Whose the jackass with crusader up"

Classic
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Back to topic...

Even if I could have 1 strike that healed me...I would be happy and not for some crappy 3k.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Paladin
The seal system was meant for seal+judgment which has been given to shammy, I don't see much point in seals anymore. The current seals are just like what auras used to be, but only affects us, I would rather have them become strikes similar to whats stated. If not then blizzard should make seals effect our judgment again, and some other attacks we have.
Edited by Yosho on 1/23/2013 5:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I really don't want more keybind bloat. Our rotation is active enough as-is.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
01/23/2013 06:30 AMPosted by Snozberries
I really don't want more keybind bloat. Our rotation is active enough as-is.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I miss my auras...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd rather have auras. Besides... I play a hunter and even when I had all my auras and seals bound I didn't have nearly as many keybinds as that toon does.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I loved seals. And the thing is they're important to the lore too you know. Especially for those of us that played Diablo, paladins there had auras and helped inspire auras in WoW.

To see auras go made me feel awful. But not too much since I knew they were basically pretty useless at that point in the game; and also we got the new seals, so it was basically like we still had auras.

But if I saw them go altogether, seals or auras or whatever, I would be pretty down. That would be the last blow I take before I just give up my pally and possibly WoW in general.

I would like to see them revamped however. I like the idea of making them have a 20s CD to improve some abilities or something. But think about it, we're BA as it is with our CD's, would be a little unbalanced if we got even more from our seals.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Originally it was seals & judgments. I think seals should have been scrapped and judgements kept.
Reply Quote
Originally it was seals & judgments. I think seals should have been scrapped and judgements kept.

Are you saying you want us to have 3 judgements again?

Not saying it's a good or bad thing, just trying to clarify.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Are you saying you want us to have 3 judgements again?

Not saying it's a good or bad thing, just trying to clarify.

Yea, something like that. Our 4 seals would be replaced with 3-4 judgments, and not every spec would have to have each one. The class would probably share two, Prot and Ret would share a third, and Holy would have one all its own. I don't have specifics in mind, but that's usually how shared systems should work with this class.

I go into greater detail in this post:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7710222315
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The problem I have with losing the seals and replacing them with strikes is that if you look at the strikes you put out what are they?

They are just "holy" versions of deathknight abilities.
Zealous Blow = death strike.
Vengeful Blow = brittle bones.
Righteous Blow = Blood boil.

Why should we have to switch seals anyway? Other then a specific fight like a boss or whatever if your seal is working well for you, why change it?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just merge sot and soj for rets but cut the slow time to a few seconds or so per judgement. Sol is nice to switch to when you know you will have to be healing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I miss Aura's as well... They've pretty much been a staple of the paladin class since Dungeons and Dragons.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]